PDA

View Full Version : 197 with full tower height

mark g
11-01-2010, 03:18 PM
Can anybody help out with the height of a prostar 197 with full tower on the trailer, put the boat in storage for the winter didnt measure the height got to build new garage for the boat for next year just trying to do the sums.
thanks

amcmac
11-01-2010, 04:12 PM
Can anybody help out with the height of a prostar 197 with full tower on the trailer, put the boat in storage for the winter didnt measure the height got to build new garage for the boat for next year just trying to do the sums.
thanks

My garage has 10'6" ceilings and my X7 (197 with a full tower) has about 4" clearance from the ceiling to the top of the nav light while on the trailer. Hope this helps.

mark g
11-01-2010, 04:18 PM
thanks for the info just what i needed

Abe
11-01-2010, 04:37 PM
Hey Mark, how goes it down in Sheffield. Cant you not fold the Tower down to fit into garage.

mark g
11-01-2010, 05:16 PM
Abe you wouldnt believe what i have just gone through, saw the boat in ireland snapped it up sharpish, bargain of the century, got it back tried to fold the tower that thing weighs a ton on its own, after lowering it we couldnt get it round a slight bend into the garage so the old prostar went back in the garage the new one sat on the drive then we had a cold snap dreaded frost out late at night getting anti freeze in the block ended up having to put the boat in storage up at wake and ski for the winter, looking at building a garage up at the club to store it in for next year but forgot to measure the height with the tower, if i build the garage then i dont want to bother lowering the tower every time,
Skiing finished for this year its getting cold, ive no need to ask about the weather up in scotland if its cold hear its colder up there

Abe
11-01-2010, 05:48 PM
Abe you wouldnt believe what i have just gone through, saw the boat in ireland snapped it up sharpish, bargain of the century, got it back tried to fold the tower that thing weighs a ton on its own, after lowering it we couldnt get it round a slight bend into the garage so the old prostar went back in the garage the new one sat on the drive then we had a cold snap dreaded frost out late at night getting anti freeze in the block ended up having to put the boat in storage up at wake and ski for the winter, looking at building a garage up at the club to store it in for next year but forgot to measure the height with the tower, if i build the garage then i dont want to bother lowering the tower every time,
Skiing finished for this year its getting cold, ive no need to ask about the weather up in scotland if its cold hear its colder up there

Well good luck with the Garage mate. And Yes its getting cold up here, And Wet.

Any pics of your new baby, or have you already posted. cheers

JohnE
11-01-2010, 06:17 PM
thanks

My garage has 10'6" ceilings and my X7 (197 with a full tower) has about 4" clearance from the ceiling to the top of the nav light while on the trailer. Hope this helps.

Not sure if different tower styles have different heights. But my '09 X14 on a SA trailer measures just shy of 10' - 0" with a full tower. By like 1.25" it clears my 10' overhead door. I'm surprised that a 197 is 3" taller but it might be. If I were building a new garage I'd go 12 or even better 14' to accomodate the next boat.

mark g
11-01-2010, 06:34 PM
john thanks for that doesnt really matter for now i just wanted a rough idea on the height for now so i could get a rough idea on costs for the materials for the garage before i build i will be measuring the boat height.
Abe the new baby is wrapped up for the winter got a pick for now though get some more up when she comes out of storage.
If any of your buddies in scotland are looking for a 88 prostar 190 on LPG then point them in my direction about 6k

Abe
11-01-2010, 06:58 PM
Very very Nice Mark, No wonder you went to Ireland for That Thing. Hope its as good mechanically as it looks, Two of my mates up at loch Earn have both bought new boats about the same price range. if you still have the 88 next spring send me some pics nearer the start of next season and I will put them up at the loch-side Local. Or if you want to keep the 88 give me a shout and I may take your new baby instead. :D:D:D. cheers for now.

mark g
11-01-2010, 07:14 PM
You are probably not going to believe this but its all been verified through mastercraft uk and ireland, the boat has 237 hrs on the clock last year the guy didnt winterize her and guess what happened yep cracked block six places, he's shipped a new engine in had mastercraft fit it then had to sell the boat lucky for me i saw it and jumped on it its a 2005 with a total of 12 hours on the new engine, exterior mint , interior mint, going to cost about 50.00 to put any missing bits right, switches, tower light few niggly bits nothing big, i think you will agree with me when i say i consider i stole it at 17000 yep 17k, considering 3 weeks ago the 88 was staying for life was over the moon when her indoors said why dont you get it, soon as she said it on the phone and ferry booked.

Abe
11-01-2010, 07:27 PM
Wow, Why dont you just buy a lottery ticket this weekend, or fridays Euro - remember I,m your mate now. :rolleyes: