PDA

View Full Version : Surfing_Glass or Teak

09X2
11-01-2010, 09:41 AM
Hi, got a quick question_ how does the Glass platform effect the surf wake.

Ive got a New 09 X2 with glass platform, Im fitting the Fly High and Surf Tabs next week along with some other weight ( has wake plate ). Now Ive read in a few forums that the Teak is better for surf wave formation, in that the glass disturbs the wave form a bit. I havnt read where someone has the glass platform and surf tabs so dont know exactley.

I tried to source / swap a glass platform with a Teak but no Mastercraft dealers in Australia was interested in helping, I would have been happy with a used one ( new for old )

If it makes a huge difference I will hav to order one from OS.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

willyt
11-01-2010, 01:15 PM
I've surfed a mint 09 X2 without the surf tabs and i don't notice any disruption from the glass platform at all, that being said i've never surfed behind a newer X2 with the teak. I'd be perfectly happy with the glass platform on that boat.

medicmoose
11-01-2010, 04:48 PM
I have the teak and a friend has the glass. Only difference between the boats is that I have the LY6 and he has the MCX. I haven't noticed any real difference in the surf wakes that can be attributed to the material our platforms are made of. I think the wave looks better with me riding on it than it does with my friend...but I guess that is entirely subjective!! :D