PDA

View Full Version : Tower Or Centre Pole

mybobtail
10-30-2010, 11:59 PM
I Have Just Purchased A X14. Can Someone Tell Me What They Would Recomend I Use When I Am Pulling More Than One Person Behind Me.i Have 2 Kneeboards And 3 Biscuits.someone Said Use The Centre Pole When Pulling More Than One Person. And Another Said It Is Ok To Use The Tower.does Anyone Have Any Idea What The Limit Is For Using The Tower. Thanks

CantRepeat
10-31-2010, 07:56 AM
I believe the disclaimer says to tow no more then two people from the tower and to not let anyone sit behind the tow point. At least that's what the stickers on my 06 X30 say.

mybobtail
10-31-2010, 09:52 AM
ok thanks for that. so when towing biscuits do you tow from tower or centre pole?

coz
10-31-2010, 10:14 AM
ok thanks for that. so when towing biscuits do you tow from tower or centre pole?

I usually put gravy over my biscuits and eat them for breakfast.....why are you towing them behind your boat?

MariStar-Man
10-31-2010, 10:22 AM
When I was in the US Army, we called that $h!^ on a shingle...

It's funny because I have never heard of a tube being called a biscuit...:D

I hope we are talking about the same thing. I hook up tube to the Wakeboard tower to eliminate the rope from hitting the water and splashing the Tuber or what you might call the Biscuiter'

If I'm tubing a Large Male over 150lbs, I use the rear towing handle, and not the ski pole.

Good luck and show us your pictures of your X... no pun intended...:)

Sodar
10-31-2010, 10:29 AM

Some say I am a bit OCD, but I would not pull tubes from either point. Tubes have always gotten attached to the rear tow eye. Pylon and tower are for skiing and boarding only.

coz
10-31-2010, 11:17 AM
Some say I am a bit OCD, but I would not pull tubes from either point. Tubes have always gotten attached to the rear tow eye. Pylon and tower are for skiing and boarding only.

I wouldn't pull from those either, just the rear.

When I was in the US Army, we called that $h!^ on a shingle

I still do...I was in the army myself and I loved the SOS....biscuits or toast bed with eggs then hash browns and sausage topped with SOS....man that sounds good right now, we had the best mess hall in all of Germany when I was in :D

mybobtail
11-01-2010, 03:38 AM
When I was in the US Army, we called that $h!^ on a shingle...

It's funny because I have never heard of a tube being called a biscuit...:D

I hope we are talking about the same thing. I hook up tube to the Wakeboard tower to eliminate the rope from hitting the water and splashing the Tuber or what you might call the Biscuiter'

If I'm tubing a Large Male over 150lbs, I use the rear towing handle, and not the ski pole.

Good luck and show us your pictures of your X... no pun intended...:)

good to see you yanks have a sense of humour.in orstralia i mean australia they are called biscuits mind you they are also called tubes i bought my first one 20 years ago and it was a tube now when you see them for sale in the local papers they call them biscuits.i have the rear handle near the boarding platform at the back but i thought that was just a grab bar to climb into boat.so are you saying it would be ok to tow a couple of tubes from there??

mybobtail
11-01-2010, 03:44 AM
I usually put gravy over my biscuits and eat them for breakfast.....why are you towing them behind your boat?

gravy on biscuits never heard of that even in oz .

mybobtail
11-01-2010, 03:49 AM

the rear tow eye is that the grab handle you use to pull yourself up on the boarding platform??

JohnE
11-01-2010, 08:53 AM
the rear tow eye is that the grab handle you use to pull yourself up on the boarding platform??

Yes, that is a towing point that doubles as a grab handle.

coz
11-01-2010, 10:41 AM
gravy on biscuits never heard of that even in oz .

Goes something like this, sausage gravy over biscuits....mmmmm? Give your mates a try and you may start a trend down unda.....tell them a yank from the desert recommended it :D

http://static.flickr.com/70/228851589_ac125e7844_o.jpg

thatsmrmastercraft
11-01-2010, 10:42 AM
Goes something like this, sausage gravy over biscuits....mmmmm? Give your mates a try and you may start a trend down unda.....tell them a yank from the desert recommended it :D

No grits???

coz
11-01-2010, 10:43 AM
No grits???

No grits thank you, I'm from the west, not the south :D

DooSPX
11-01-2010, 10:46 AM
mybobtail,
what year and model boat do you have? some of the older ones did not have a rear tow point part of the handle but a separate one.

mybobtail
11-01-2010, 10:46 AM

hey man the eggs look great but that other stuff looks like something my dog brought up.:)
hey type in ski biscuits on ebay see what you get:)

mybobtail
11-01-2010, 10:49 AM
mybobtail,
what year and model boat do you have? some of the older ones did not have a rear tow point part of the handle but a separate one.

hey doo
its a 2010 x14 it does have a grab bar on the back just above the boarding platform

Sodar
11-01-2010, 10:49 AM
I Have Just Purchased A X14. Can Someone Tell Me What They Would Recomend I Use When I Am Pulling More Than One Person Behind Me.i Have 2 Kneeboards And 3 Biscuits.someone Said Use The Centre Pole When Pulling More Than One Person. And Another Said It Is Ok To Use The Tower.does Anyone Have Any Idea What The Limit Is For Using The Tower. Thanks

mybobtail,

:rolleyes: .

coz
11-01-2010, 10:50 AM
hey man the eggs look great but that other stuff looks like something my dog brought up.:)

Looks are decieving in this instance mate :D

DooSPX
11-01-2010, 10:51 AM
HA, might help if I would re-read the thread. lol
sorry, never mind... its a Monday

CantRepeat
11-01-2010, 11:05 AM

You can call your cardiologist and and ask for that appointment now. :D

coz
11-01-2010, 11:08 AM
Yes, that is a towing point that doubles as a grab handle.

So the x-14 doesn't have a rear tow hook like the older models? Here's us towing a biscuit (buttermilk of course) off the rear hook.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4078/4875677888_7135ca69e5_b.jpg

Sodar
11-01-2010, 11:14 AM
So the x-14 doesn't have a rear tow hook like the older models? Here's us towing a biscuit (buttermilk of course) off the rear hook.

The new boats have a hook built into the grab handle to tow from.

http://www.waterskis.com/v/vspfiles/photos/2010_MasterCraft_X-45_ViperRed-13.jpg

coz
11-01-2010, 11:18 AM
The new boats have a hook built into the grab handle to tow from.

http://www.waterskis.com/v/vspfiles/photos/2010_MasterCraft_X-45_ViperRed-13.jpg

That's probably not good for the pro biscuiter....seem the rope would be to low and drag in the water, especially on turns :D

Sodar
11-01-2010, 11:21 AM
That's probably not good for the pro biscuiter....seem the rope would be to low and drag in the water, especially on turns :D

Precisely. Toober Tom has been very upset with the design change.

thatsmrmastercraft
11-01-2010, 11:26 AM

Perhaps a ploy from the powers that be to try to keep the biscuits (both amateur and pro) from behind MC?

coz
11-01-2010, 11:27 AM

:headbang:

Luv2Ski
11-01-2010, 12:36 PM
For what it is worth.... I have a good friend who pulls up to 5 Biscuits (man I am hungry) from a tower on a Four Winns Horizon. Although the tower was a option (dealer add-on), I doubt the fiberglass is well reinforced Considering that boat is not focused on towing. Boat is a 94, has about 350 hours, most of which are from towing multiple Biscuits. No stress cracks or other known issues.

Personally, I would think you are safe with a couple of Biscuits up there. A heavy adult male can pull pretty darn hard on a wakeboard and I am sure the engineers over designed. Tubes can't be that much worse, just never let slack into the line - impact loading is a different beast.

Muttley
11-01-2010, 12:46 PM
Personally, I would NEVER tube from the tower. I had a very bad experience with my previous boat.

Never had an issue tubing from the pylon or tow eye.

I've had 5 kneeboards off the tower with no problems... 3 wakesboards... 2 combo skiers ...and a partridge on a pair of skis.

coz
11-01-2010, 12:50 PM
For what it is worth.... I have a good friend who pulls up to 5 Biscuits (man I am hungry) from a tower on a Four Winns Horizon. Although the tower was a option (dealer add-on), I doubt the fiberglass is well reinforced Considering that boat is not focused on towing. Boat is a 94, has about 350 hours, most of which are from towing multiple Biscuits. No stress cracks or other known issues.

Personally, I would think you are safe with a couple of Biscuits up there. A heavy adult male can pull pretty darn hard on a wakeboard and I am sure the engineers over designed. Tubes can't be that much worse, just never let slack into the line - impact loading is a different beast.

Funny! :D he's got us all taliking aussie now :D

thatsmrmastercraft
11-01-2010, 12:57 PM

Cheers......

CantRepeat
11-01-2010, 01:08 PM

When in Rome.

Luv2Ski
11-01-2010, 03:39 PM
I should be working, but just could not resist:

thatsmrmastercraft
11-01-2010, 03:55 PM

Very nice.:toast:

TX.X-30 fan
11-01-2010, 08:15 PM

Cream gravy with spicy pork sausage on biscuits is not dog barf.............. Go eat a pirogi:D

The base for that gravy is actually a classic french mother sauce. Bechamel Sauce

It really only varies in the south when bacon drippings instead of butter is used to make the blonde roux.

TX.X-30 fan
11-01-2010, 08:16 PM
Very nice.:toast:

2nd that nice work.

Kyle
11-01-2010, 09:19 PM
Show skiers pull a lot of weight from the pylon. That being said imagine the weight when the rider falls off of the tube and creates a suction when the tube gets stuck upside down. That weight will be greater than more than a hand full of skiers. I am not sure that the rear handle could handle the amount of pressure if that happened. It may even cause stress cracks. I personally would use center pylon only for tubers. I even have seen the back of a MC ripped off because of this over at aqua tech Ted Brown's fiberglass repair. The boat got trashed because of a tube and pulling from rear of the boat. I also would not want to try the tower because you never know what would happen.

mybobtail
11-01-2010, 09:37 PM
that looks like a hamburger

mybobtail
11-01-2010, 09:37 PM

that looks like a hamburger :)

coz
11-01-2010, 09:43 PM
that looks like a hamburger :)

Step away from the vegimite and come here for some good stuff, that would be a biscuit with ham, eggs and cheese :D

1redTA
11-02-2010, 07:53 AM
I spent 13 years in the army. I didn't like any of the deadly spoons meals, the air force chow halls were nice.

As far as biscuit pulling, I pulled two tubes with 4 guys off the ski pylon. the handle to lift the motorbox would contact the pylon from the weight.

DooSPX
11-02-2010, 09:07 AM
As far as biscuit pulling, I pulled two tubes with 4 guys off the ski pylon. the handle to lift the motorbox would contact the pylon from the weight.

HOLY COW thats crazy... :eek::eek:

mybobtail
11-02-2010, 11:08 AM
Step away from the vegimite and come here for some good stuff, that would be a biscuit with ham, eggs and cheese :D

its vegemite and i brought some over to my friends in the states in 08 and they couldnt handle it poor things.wonder how we could eat it but hey a bit of vegemite on toast and you can stay out on the biscuits all day

thatsmrmastercraft
11-02-2010, 11:35 AM
What is Vegemite?

Vegemite is considered as much a part of Australia's heritage as kangaroos and the Holden cars. It is actually an Australian obsession that has become a unique and loved symbol of the Australian nation. A Vegemite sandwich to an Australian kid is the equivalent of a peanut butter and jelly sandwich to an American kid - but the taste is QUITE different!

Vegemite is one of several yeast extract spreads sold in Australia. It is made from leftover brewers' yeast extract (a by-product of beer manufacture) and various vegetable and spice additives. It is very dark reddish-brown, almost black, in color, and one of the richest sources known of Vitamin B. It's thick like peanut butter, it's very salty, and it tastes like - well let's just say that it is an acquired taste!

Australian children are brought up on Vegemite from the time they're babies. It is said that Australians are known to travel all over the world with at least one small jar of Vegemite in their luggage, for fear that they will not be able to find it.

History of Vegemite

In 1922, Fred Walker (1884-1935) of Melbourne, Australia decided to try to make a special "yeast extract" that would be as delicious as it was nourishing for his Fred Walker Cheese Company to sell. The chief scientist in the company Fred owned was Dr. Cyril P. Callister, and it was Dr. Callister who invented the first Vegemite spread. He used brewer's yeast and blended the yeast extract with ingredients like celery, onion, salt, and a few secret ingredients to make this paste. In 1912, a national competition and a prize of 50 pounds was offered to the winner or winners to name the new product.. The name ‘Vegemite’ was finally chosen from the entries by Fred’s daughter Sheilah .

Vegemite Sandwich Recipe

Using your favorite bread, some butter or margarine, and of course, Vegemite.

Spread butter on a piece of toast or bread.

Cover very thinly with Vegemite (for the optimum Vegemite sandwich you only need a dab). Dip your knife in the Vegemite, and scrape up just a bit (it will mix right in with the butter and spread easily). Some people like to "marble" the Vegemite into the butter/

Eat it open-faced and enjoy!

coz
11-02-2010, 11:56 AM
but hey a bit of vegemite on toast and you can stay out on the biscuits all day

I'm sure spreading black salty tar on toast tastes good to some but I'll stick to the biscuits and gravey thank you :D

TX.X-30 fan
11-02-2010, 12:31 PM
I'll pass on the vegimite thanks all the same. I'll eat that bouncy thing though.