PDA

View Full Version : Bad bad luck

gatorguy
10-30-2010, 02:05 PM
So I think I have some of the worst luck of anyone. In July I was part of a 4 car crash on the freeway that resulted in my van being totaled and months of fighting with incompetent insurance people. Well, we bought a brand new Suburban to replace the van, and we love it. I than found a nice í97 PS 205 with under 500 hrs and bought it 3 weeks ago. I got to use it 2 times the week we got it. Then I had to go for a business trip.

The first day I was gone my wife called and told me she was rear ended by a kid doing about 60mph just as she was turning into our driveway. Now not only do I have to deal with the retarded insurance people again, but the shop said they were going to be at least 4 weeks. So now I donít have my new truck, but even worse, I have nothing to pull my boat with and the last few warm days are quickly flying by. :(

thatsmrmastercraft
10-30-2010, 02:36 PM
So I think I have some of the worst luck of anyone. In July I was part of a 4 car crash on the freeway that resulted in my van being totaled and months of fighting with incompetent insurance people. Well, we bought a brand new Suburban to replace the van, and we love it. I than found a nice í97 PS 205 with under 500 hrs and bought it 3 weeks ago. I got to use it 2 times the week we got it. Then I had to go for a business trip.

The first day I was gone my wife called and told me she was rear ended by a kid doing about 60mph just as she was turning into our driveway. Now not only do I have to deal with the retarded insurance people again, but the shop said they were going to be at least 4 weeks. So now I donít have my new truck, but even worse, I have nothing to pull my boat with and the last few warm days are quickly flying by. :(

I would optimistically buy a lottery ticket thinking that you must be at rock bottom in the luck department and hoping that it must be ready to change for the better.:rolleyes:

In all seriousness, I hope you and the wife didn't get too banged up. That bad luck can really get on a roll. I write this from my room at the hospital hooked up to an anti-biotic fending off a nasty infection...........and the MN deer season opens one week from today. Should be out in a day or two, but that is cutting it pretty close.

cdstukey
10-30-2010, 03:13 PM
Sorry to hear that. I would be sure to request a comprable rental vehicle from the insurance company that will be able to handle towing duties until your truck is fixed. Best of luck.

rjracin240
10-30-2010, 07:24 PM
Lets hope the Gators can pull it off in OT

jimmer2880
10-30-2010, 08:32 PM
Sorry to hear that. I would be sure to request a comprable rental vehicle from the insurance company that will be able to handle towing duties until your truck is fixed. Best of luck.

Good luck with that. Last time I tried (16 years ago), it didn't work. However, I wouldn't stop trying.

Also - most rental companies don't allow towing with their vehicles.

cdstukey
10-31-2010, 12:42 AM
When my truck was damaged by a repair shop and had to go to the body shop they offered me a standard size car. I stated that I used my truck as a work vehicle and needed a similar replacement vehicle. I got a f-150 extra cab with tow package for the two weeks my truck was in the shop. When my wife's SUV was rear-ended they offered a standard car, she said she would like something more similar to her ML 350, they showed up with a brand new Ford Escape with leather. It doesn't hurt to ask.
Also, I agree you might not want to mention the towing. SuVs will have a better chance of having a tow package on them than a pickup. Rental SUVs are pretty well optioned, where as the trucks tend to be bare bones most of the time.

Cloaked
10-31-2010, 04:18 AM
. I have nothing to pull my boat with and the last few warm days are quickly flying by. :(Hope the wife is OK. Don't sweat the small stuff. There will be warmer weather around the corner. Daylight starts getting longer Dec 21.

I write this from my room at the hospital hooked up to an anti-biotic fending off a nasty infection...........and the MN deer season opens one week from today. Should be out in a day or two, but that is cutting it pretty close.Get well soon. Sorry to hear about the stay in the hospital.

thatsmrmastercraft
10-31-2010, 09:21 AM
Hope the wife is OK. Don't sweat the small stuff. There will be warmer weather around the corner. Daylight starts getting longer Dec 21.

Get well soon. Sorry to hear about the stay in the hospital.

Thanks Cloaked, I appreciate it. Sounds like I might get out tomorrow. On the bright side, there is no competition for the TV and which football game I have on.

east tx skier
10-31-2010, 09:52 AM
Like they said, glad your wife is okay. I have an old friend that was in a multicar pile up in Houston a few weeks ago. Rolled the car multiple times. Still in a coma. So it could be worse. Plus, at least they didn't hit the boat.

MariStar-Man
10-31-2010, 10:29 AM
Well I think that you have chosen the Correct name for yourself, Gatorguy. If you had chosen Crocidile Hunter, you might not be as lucky...

Fortunately, You still have use of your hands are are able to write to us. I was a volunteer for disabled students at the local college and have seen and listened to some horriffic accidents. I reflect on that often to offset the minor, tribulations I'm going thru...

I'm soo glad both of you are still in one piece...Literally!

Can't wait till your out and waxing that...Umm I mean, hull...

Get Well Soon!!

Forrest-X45
11-01-2010, 02:52 PM
I would make sure you file a diminished value claim with that dumbarse kid's insurance company for your new Burb. Sorry to hear about the wreak but glad to hear your wife is ok. That's the great thing about the size of Suburbans.