PDA

View Full Version : 99 PS205 ice chest

chunter
10-26-2010, 12:58 AM
From the looking that i have been doing the 205 line of boats previous to the 99 had a ice chest in the floor and not a ski locker. is this right? and if so can i buy the cooler somewhere that was from a previous year and install without modifying. the locker in the floor is not really needed with all of the storage that is in the back of the boat and it would be easier to keep drinks for the kids without having to load a cooler every time i go out.

DeVrieski
10-26-2010, 01:03 AM
Not sure about adding a pre 99 cooler in a 99 but I can confirm that 99 marked the change from a cooler to the ski locker. I am sure you could rig up something in the locker as there is a drain plug from the locker into the bilge so you wouldn't have to remover the cooler to drain the ice/water.

coz
10-26-2010, 01:16 AM
From the looking that i have been doing the 205 line of boats previous to the 99 had a ice chest in the floor and not a ski locker. is this right? .

Yep!

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2243/2337058895_ac65f113d0_b.jpg

chunter
10-26-2010, 01:24 AM
well Coz that is alot smaller than the hole i have in the floor i will measure tomorrow and see what it really is but it is probably 2 times longer. If i cant find anything i will probably build something out of PVC and shoot expandable foam around it. Did they re continue the locker in the years newer or go back to the cooler?

russlars
10-26-2010, 11:58 AM
Something removable would probably be your best bet since there is no good drainage for the ski locker other than the hole between it and the bilge and you wouldn't want that nasty bilge water coming into your cooler.

Barefooter92
10-26-2010, 01:15 PM
My '97 has the ice cooler but it is not insulated and very small. Very inconvienant if you ask me because you have to bring everything to the boat in a cooler to get it into the cooler. Waste of time and space. I would rather have the ski locker.

dmminfla
10-26-2010, 01:42 PM
My '97 has the ice cooler but it is not insulated and very small. Very inconvienant if you ask me because you have to bring everything to the boat in a cooler to get it into the cooler. Waste of time and space. I would rather have the ski locker.

I agree I never use the cooler on my 97. It's more of a PITA and your drinks smell like bildge water. I would rather have the ski locker. We throw a cooler behind the drivers seat.

coz
10-26-2010, 01:54 PM
I agree I never use the cooler on my 97. It's more of a PITA and your drinks smell like bildge water. I would rather have the ski locker. We throw a cooler behind the drivers seat.

Mine has a plug so that doesn't happen with the bilge water but I don't use mine anymore because it seems like the ice melts super fast in there, don't know if its from the engine heat right next to it or lack of good insulation and the Az heat or both. I keep an igloo marine cooler over the floor cooler or in the bow area floor because I made a seat to go behind the driver seat and the ice will stay solid in that thing until the next day, even in the Az heat.

http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm258/cozaz/Wakeboarding/032-1.jpg

east tx skier
10-26-2010, 03:13 PM
The pre-99 cooler was molded to the deck and not a drop in. The 92--95 205's had a ski locker and we just dropped a soft side cooler in the locker.

chunter
10-27-2010, 01:37 AM
thanks for all the reply's i am just going to continue as is for now i think it will be too much of a hassle to try and build something that will not really look that good in the end as it will not be OE.