PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions on mfg of ski calander?

h2oskifreak
10-23-2010, 12:52 PM
For years now I have purchased Gordon Rathburn's Calander for my ski buddies for Christmas. This year I want to produce my own w/ pics. of us skiing and other lake shots of family at the lake. I need suggestions on how to best do it. Won't be a lot in number 4 or 5 i'd say. I like to keep a ski journal but many times I can't take the time right when I get home, so I write down on the calander in the garage how I skied/who with and any other things of note for the day until I can catch up w/ the journal. My point is, it would help to be able to write on it. I would think if I use a plastic laminate it would defeat the writting aspect, am I correct. How best to bind etc? Seems like someone did calanders here previously, but I can't seem to locate thread. Any help or comments appreciated. Thanks, I need to get started, as S.M. once sang; "Time keeps on ticking, ticking, ticking, into the future".

BROUSSARD
10-23-2010, 01:13 PM
For years now I have purchased Gordon Rathburn's Calander for my ski buddies for Christmas. This year I want to produce my own w/ pics. of us skiing and other lake shots of family at the lake. I need suggestions on how to best do it. Won't be a lot in number 4 or 5 i'd say. I like to keep a ski journal but many times I can't take the time right when I get home, so I write down on the calander in the garage how I skied/who with and any other things of note for the day until I can catch up w/ the journal. My point is, it would help to be able to write on it. I would think if I use a plastic laminate it would defeat the writting aspect, am I correct. How best to bind etc? Seems like someone did calanders here previously, but I can't seem to locate thread. Any help or comments appreciated. Thanks, I need to get started, as S.M. once sang; "Time keeps on ticking, ticking, ticking, into the future".

I have a program and would be glad to do it for you. (I would only charge the price for printing) If you would like me to do this for you send me an email @ andrebroussard@bellsouth.net

JimN
10-23-2010, 01:40 PM
Kinko's does this and I think places like PostNet do, too.

h2oskifreak
10-23-2010, 01:57 PM
I have a program and would be glad to do it for you. (I would only charge the price for printing) If you would like me to do this for you send me an email @ andrebroussard@bellsouth.net

That is very generous of you Andre. I will get my act together with the photos and may very well take you up on your offer. We are a small town and don't have a kinkos. I will be in touch via the e-mail address soon and see if it is something you want to take on.

Ron

1990lmtd
10-25-2010, 07:05 AM
We make calenders every year for Christmas also. We use shutterfly.com. Great Quality and good prices.

russlars
10-25-2010, 10:56 AM
This is the site that I use for calendars and photo books: http://mypublisher.com/
Very professional, high quality work.

TXMC-06X2
10-25-2010, 11:02 AM
I did a calender a few years back. I took it to Kinkos and they did an awesome job. They have a few calender templates to choose from. Once you figure out what template you want all you have to do is figure out what pictures you want and what month you want them to go on. i believe you can do up to 4 pics per month. Once you give them the pics it will only take them a couple of days to get it finished. It also comes out in high quality due to their high dollar machines. As far as I can remember, it was pretty cheap.

h2oskifreak
10-25-2010, 06:51 PM
Awsome help and ideas. There should be no excuse for a crappy calendar if I do my part with the pictures.