PDA

View Full Version : Hi from Australia

g-mantrix
10-20-2010, 02:43 PM
Hi, have been viewing this site for some weeks now, as I will soon be a Mastercraft owner here in Aus. I live in Melbourne, have been into the boat thing now for almost 10 yrs. I currently own an Aussie built crossover boat Matrix sorrento (see piccy), but has just been sold to make way for an X2 (yet to purchase). Pic is of my local ski club.
An X2 I am talking to a dealer in Aus is currently on a ship heading from Cali to Melbourne, due to arrive Novemeber. I have attached a pic for those that may know of this boat, I would be keen for your input.
The X2 will be mainly used for wakeboarding, and wakesurfing. I would also like to hear peoples opinion on the X2's suitability for this, what peoples impressions are on the X2...btw its a 2006 model (pic attached)
I have read a fair bit on these boats, and there is no doubt in my mind the Mastercraft are an awesome boat, and its great to be on a site that caters for just these boats.
Thanks in advance for all comments/replies, I will keep posting threads as we come into our summer, and if anyone is planning on heading to Aus, let me know, we have many wicked lakes and rivers, all fresh water
cheers ray

Thrall
10-20-2010, 04:57 PM
Nice boat!
I'd say you can't go wrong, but then again I have a 06 X2.
You'll read stuff that the X2 doesn't have a great wakeboard wake unless you load the crap out of it. I'd say the only people that could legitamtely complain maybe are those that are getting paid to wakeboard. With full factory ballast and several people in the boat, the wake is pretty big IMO and it's not too vert and not too rampy. Wakesurfing, I've only done it with stock ballast and a couple people in the boat and it's surfable, so load it up and I bet it gets real nice.
Only issue I've seen with the boat is the factory wiring at the battery(s) leaves alot to be desired. Need to clean that up a bit. IMO, you got the best year for several reasons. Sturdier tower, no emissions on the engine, analog guages (no VDig or BIG system to mess with), quiet/reliable exhaust system (no stainles baffles coming apart). Not that I'd turn down a newer boat, I just think simpler is better in some instances.
You WILL have a hard time getting the impeller out without pulling the muffler off. It's doable though, just need to be creative. Not the 5min excercise it is on your direct drive.

87PS190
10-20-2010, 05:04 PM
Welcome aboard g-mantrix. You did well posting pics right away! I met a couple blokes and their wives 2 years ago in Hawaii. Planning to go down under to see them sometime.... would like to drive the boat there but you guys are so far away it's tomorrow already!!
Good luck finding your next boat and enjoy the forum. :cool:

hbomb
10-20-2010, 06:19 PM
see you have been talking to Greg at Skiforce g - mantrix............. ??

have an X2 on its way to Australia currently - 2007 MCX with every factory option except the binding blaster - purchased from a great guy North West US and it is to say the least, immaculate.... when we had a full check done on the boat by a local marine dealer, we where asked why we where testing a new boat!! - attests to its condition

mallees
10-20-2010, 09:32 PM
Hey Ray
You will find this site invaluable, the amount of information that is available here is amazing. Don't forget to give me a call when your boat lands, as I have still not ridden behind one of these.

P.S. have fun on your golf trip, and remember the golden rule of golf, "1 can, per man, per hole"
:D

makaveli2308
10-22-2010, 12:17 AM
hey mate,

nice looking boat. had a chat with Lucas regarding that from skiforce as well.

Sent you a PM on wake.com regarding the one i have coming over.

regards

jeverett
10-26-2010, 03:25 PM
Hey do you guys down under have to drive on the port side?

AussieMC
10-26-2010, 04:14 PM
We actually drive our boats from the same side as we drive our cars.:D

TXMC-06X2
10-26-2010, 04:37 PM
Hi, have been viewing this site for some weeks now, as I will soon be a Mastercraft owner here in Aus. I live in Melbourne, have been into the boat thing now for almost 10 yrs. I currently own an Aussie built crossover boat Matrix sorrento (see piccy), but has just been sold to make way for an X2 (yet to purchase). Pic is of my local ski club.
An X2 I am talking to a dealer in Aus is currently on a ship heading from Cali to Melbourne, due to arrive Novemeber. I have attached a pic for those that may know of this boat, I would be keen for your input.
The X2 will be mainly used for wakeboarding, and wakesurfing. I would also like to hear peoples opinion on the X2's suitability for this, what peoples impressions are on the X2...btw its a 2006 model (pic attached)
I have read a fair bit on these boats, and there is no doubt in my mind the Mastercraft are an awesome boat, and its great to be on a site that caters for just these boats.
Thanks in advance for all comments/replies, I will keep posting threads as we come into our summer, and if anyone is planning on heading to Aus, let me know, we have many wicked lakes and rivers, all fresh water
cheers ray

I love my 06 X2. We primarily wakeboard and surf behind it. The wakeboarding wake is great with the factory ballast. My buddy has an 06 X15 which is a foot and a half longer and heavier, and our wake is just as big if not bigger. If you want to add some kick to the wake get two 500 lbs fly high sacs and set them in the floor of the boat. This really gives the wake a steep edge that you can really get the pop you are looking for to get some major air. As far as the wake surfing wake goes, depending on which side you surf, empty the opposite side ballast and leave the KGB (middle) ballast and the ballast on the side you are surfing full. This will help get that lean to one side that you are looking for. I throw in another 500lb sack on the side your surfing and put all the people in the boat on the surfing side. After all that you should have a great surf wake. The X2 is a great boat and really can serve any purpose you need it too. You got a great looking boat. Congrats!

09X2
11-01-2010, 06:36 AM
The attitude plate and Fly high or pro ballast is essential, I also recomend retro fitting the surf tabs for surfing, I got the Kit for $1300 bux delivered to West OZ

Thrall
11-01-2010, 09:24 AM
The attitude plate and Fly high or pro ballast is essential, I also recomend retro fitting the surf tabs for surfing, I got the Kit for $1300 bux delivered to West OZ

You know how this all works, but ask whether the guide poles on the trailer should be rubbing tight against the boat?:confused:

sizzler
11-01-2010, 10:59 AM
We actually drive our boats from the same side as we drive our cars.:D

snap.......................:D

09X2
11-22-2010, 07:15 AM
You know how this all works, but ask whether the guide poles on the trailer should be rubbing tight against the boat?:confused:

They mount on the front of the bow dont they ??:D

The rub rails wernt originals for the trailer and fitted incorrectly, had to make a few alterations, now a touch more clearance, thanks.

09X2
11-29-2010, 09:07 AM

Comming from someone who diddnt know what his nav lights where .....ide keep it shut, you sure your 38.:cool: