PDA

View Full Version : 06 X2 Perfect Pass glitch!!

TXMC-06X2
10-18-2010, 12:49 PM
My Perfect Pass digital readout in my 06 X2 will sometimes fade on and off for no apparent reason. The battery can be fully charged and it will still fade in and out. However, while the PP is faded out you can still turn it on and use it while surfing or wakeboarding (if you can remember what speed setting you had it on). My buddy has an 06 X15 that does the same thing from time to time. We were out on Lake Travis this weekend, we had run about 25 markers up the lake and everything was working fine, but out of nowhere his PP digital readout went blank. Is this a common occurence for 06 model boats? Has this happened to anyone else out there?

baedriver
10-18-2010, 02:58 PM
I have on 06 197 with the exact same problem. PP rep told me that I need to replace the guage because of age for $199. Let me know what you find out?

rgardjr1
10-18-2010, 03:46 PM
I haven't experienced this one yet. I have had the problem where all my gauges except the perfect pass go dead. I'm pretty sure this was because the batteries were run down from listening to music while anchored.

TXMC-06X2
10-19-2010, 10:50 AM
OK thanks for the help.

TXMC-06X2
10-19-2010, 10:52 AM
I haven't experienced this one yet. I have had the problem where all my gauges except the perfect pass go dead. I'm pretty sure this was because the batteries were run down from listening to music while anchored.

Thats what i thought the deal was with my PP, but we can be out all day towing and right in the middle of a session it will go blank and we are not usually the ones that anchor and chill all day. we usually go to the lake and play hard all day, so i cant imagine how my batteries would be getting low.

bturner2
10-19-2010, 03:20 PM
I have an 07 X2 and have experienced the same problem but mine only seems to do it only if the boat has been really wet. It will clear up during the day as the boat seems to dry out.

I want to upgrade to Star Gazer next year and hope this doesn't get in the way. The upgrade is expensive enough without having to replace the PP gauge too.

TXMC-06X2
10-19-2010, 03:40 PM
I have an 07 X2 and have experienced the same problem but mine only seems to do it only if the boat has been really wet. It will clear up during the day as the boat seems to dry out.

I want to upgrade to Star Gazer next year and hope this doesn't get in the way. The upgrade is expensive enough without having to replace the PP gauge too.

Now that i think of it, it did do that to me one time when i left the boat in the water overnight at my buddies lake cabin. We had a heavy dew and the boat was soaked. It took it a while for the PP to come back on that time. Have you spoken to your dealer about it at all?

bturner2
10-20-2010, 06:48 AM
I bought my boat used so I'm pretty sure the dealer wouldn't cover it under warranty. PP has been very helpful and cleared up a problem for me on my previous boat but I doubt they'll do anything (free) on a 4 year old system.

The only time it's been a problem is when it's be very wet and them it always seems to clear up. At this point I'll probably hope for the best and see how it goes.

greekbkfst
10-20-2010, 08:41 AM

How frequent does this happen with today's electronics and how long were you listening to the music before it happened ? My 1992 is all analog and I kind of like it that way the more I hear about these newer electronics-or is it just that the vast majority of people have no problems, but people with issues ask questions here ? I'm getting into the area of looking for a new or newer boat sometime in the next couple years and have been starting to put the research hat back on.

TXMC-06X2
10-20-2010, 09:43 AM
I bought my boat used so I'm pretty sure the dealer wouldn't cover it under warranty. PP has been very helpful and cleared up a problem for me on my previous boat but I doubt they'll do anything (free) on a 4 year old system.

The only time it's been a problem is when it's be very wet and them it always seems to clear up. At this point I'll probably hope for the best and see how it goes.

I bought my boat used as well, but i also purchased the 3 year extended warranty plan. It has been a life saver over the past two years. I will probably have my dealer look at the PP when I take the boat in to get the oil changed and winterized. If they find something in the PP that is a minor fix I will be sure to let you know because I know how frustrating it is to be out on the water trying to wakeboard without the PP when it decides to turn off for a while. Thanks for the help.

TXMC-06X2
10-20-2010, 09:53 AM
How frequent does this happen with today's electronics and how long were you listening to the music before it happened ? My 1992 is all analog and I kind of like it that way the more I hear about these newer electronics-or is it just that the vast majority of people have no problems, but people with issues ask questions here ? I'm getting into the area of looking for a new or newer boat sometime in the next couple years and have been starting to put the research hat back on.

It doesnt happen that frequently, but it always seems to happen at the worst time. I would say an average of 3 times a season. I know that doesnt seem like very much, but when its your pride and joy messing up it seems to bother me. Usually when it happens it will come back on within 30 mins to an hour. I have found that listening to music doenst affect the system. The batteries can be fully charged and the display will still turn off. Honestly though, I dont know what I would do without the Digital readout. It is a really good reliable system. It is more accurate than my analog gauges that are on the dash as well. We even took a GPS system out with us this summer to measure the accuracy of the PP and it was amazing how accurate it really was. When its all said and done, I would recommend this system, without a doubt, to anyone who is looking for a newer boat.

Joseph
10-21-2010, 10:57 PM
i had just upgraded to the stargazer with new gauge and had all kinds of display problems, no display, flickering rapidly. The system would still engage however. Called PP and he said that maybe the gauge was wet (i was like---well, it's suppossed to be designed for a boat right? And couldn't imagine how it was getting wet. ) Anyway, he sent a new gauge and it's worked perfectly so far.