PDA

View Full Version : 2010 197TT High Oil Pressure

mckdcr7
10-17-2010, 09:21 PM
Hi,

I just bought a 2010 197tt with 200 hrs on it. 1st time in the water, the oil gauge is reading between 60-80 psi and an alarm sounds when I try to accelerate past 25 mph and the boat will not go past 25 mph.

Any thoughts?
Thanks,
Steve

1redTA
10-17-2010, 09:55 PM
It would be helpful to list the type of engine, oil pressure at idle, oil pressure at full throttle etc

macattack
10-19-2010, 11:33 PM
It sounds like your engine went into the "limp" mode. Normally occurs when an overheat condition exists. High oil pressure is usually not an issue; low is (see below). Your multifunction gauge should tell you why your alarm has activated...

From the 2010 Owner's Manual:
The following messages will be displayed if an alarm occurs:

VOLT = Voltage falls below 11.5 volts. This message indicates that the battery has discharged to an extent that may jeopardize engine cranking and starting if action is not taken. Start the engine to at least idle, and allow the battery to re-charge.

OIL = Oil pressure is below 4 p.s.i. when the RPM is below 1000 RPM or the oil pressure is below 10 p.s.i. and above 1000 RPM. This message will occur only when the engine is running. Stop the engine and check the oil level as soon as this can be safely done.

TEMP = High engine temperature alarm. This message will occur only when the engine is running. If the engine does not automatically reduce speed to the “limp home” level, manually reduce speed and return to the dock as soon as this can be safely done. It may be necessary to shut down the engine and seek a tow to the dock.

TRAN = Transmission alarm.This message will occur only when the engine is running. Stop the engine and check the transmission oil level as soon as this can be safely done.

mckdcr7
10-21-2010, 08:53 PM
Thanks for all of your help, however, 10 years of missed technology has caught up with me...the zero off speed control was left on from the previous owner...turned it off and the boat runs great! High oil pressure is okay i am told by the dealer...its cold here in CT and the 20w50 oil may be a little thick for this environment....yes...I feel like an idiot.

macattack
10-21-2010, 09:01 PM
Hey, at least you figured it out, it didn't cost you anything to fix it and someone else on this forum may benefit from your scenario! Have fun w/your new boat!! mac

André
10-21-2010, 10:12 PM
yes...I feel like an idiot.

It's OK ,we'll forgive you if you post a pic of your new slalom machine!!!:)

JohnE
10-22-2010, 09:20 AM
Thanks for all of your help, however, 10 years of missed technology has caught up with me...the zero off speed control was left on from the previous owner...turned it off and the boat runs great! High oil pressure is okay i am told by the dealer...its cold here in CT and the 20w50 oil may be a little thick for this environment....yes...I feel like an idiot.

Ha, no worries. Funny first post.:)

DooSPX
10-23-2010, 04:28 PM
drain all the oil and replace with 15W-40 per the manuals' instructions....

I have seen LS1's with too thick of an oil weight or have too much oil in them go into limp on the dyno...
running too much or too thick of an oil is not a good thing either.