PDA

View Full Version : Craiglook, Craigslook Shut down?

MariStar-Man
10-17-2010, 11:42 AM
"Craiglook.com has been shut down by demand of Craigslist.org

I have also complied with their request and have removed all RSS feeds and links to craigslist.org from the website.

I am extremely grateful to you all who kept the site running with your great ideas and feedback. I will try my best in reaching to Craigslist to see if there is a way for Craiglook to work out legal claims that they have pointed out.

If you have reached this site by mistake trying to go to Craigslist.org - please use the corresponding button below."

ksdaoski
10-17-2010, 10:48 PM
Yeah I loved that site and saw it as a plus to CL

MyCabinFever
10-17-2010, 11:06 PM
That is crap! I only got to use this site a few times before it was closed. It was very helpful in searching through Craigslist. Good luck working out the details.

Thrall
10-18-2010, 01:01 AM
try www.jaxed.com, then go to the site MASH

skijwr
10-18-2010, 01:24 AM
craiglook was my favorite search for CL. bummer.

another one I use is http://www.crazedlist.org/ only works with mozilla firefox. (not as good as craiglook)

and another, just type " site:craigslist.org mastercraft " without the quotes into google, and it will give results for the entire country. swap out MC with whatever you want.

Barefooter92
10-18-2010, 08:50 AM
Have any of you tried searchtempest? Searches CL in a radius that you set from your location. Works great. Used it to find my boom and shorestation.

MariStar-Man
10-18-2010, 10:40 AM
Craigslist has always been a local searching tool. If they wanted people to be able to search wide parameters, I thought they would have had that option.

Since they do not, and have shut down Craigslook for it's wide searching abilities, Craigslist must have, and always had, a reason for keeping it locally...