PDA

View Full Version : 78 S&s Mc

ctjahn
10-17-2010, 09:54 AM
My 78 has a textured finish on the top side - never seen a textured finish on the topside of a boat actually molded into the gel coat. (Almost like a vinyl top on 70s muscle cars) There is evidence of a heavy wax build up... What is a good wax to use on the textured finish? (without filling the valleys in the texture with a heavy build up?)

On the street cars I use Turtle wax ice before on other vehicles between coats of good quality cleaner wax.

Your thoughts????

cj

Cloaked
10-17-2010, 04:14 PM
My 78 has a textured finish on the top side - never seen a textured finish on the topside of a boat actually molded into the gel coat. (Almost like a vinyl top on 70s muscle cars) There is evidence of a heavy wax build up... What is a good wax to use on the textured finish? (without filling the valleys in the texture with a heavy build up?)

On the street cars I use Turtle wax ice before on other vehicles between coats of good quality cleaner wax.

Your thoughts????

cjI had a 79 with this finish. I waxed it once. Got the wax out the hard way and never put wax back on the textured surface.

If you have the original interior, look at it closely and see if it matches the texture. The one I had matched exactly. The rest of the point here is evident.

This day and age of available wax products, I'd think the wipe on / wipe off would suffice.