PDA

View Full Version : I'm Back!

CBRENT
10-15-2010, 04:18 PM
Well it's been several months since my last post. I feel kinda bad, when I left I had some of you helping me with a motor issue, water in the oil, and I might not have responded to any of your comments, sorry bout that. It's funny how life just seems to go by, whether you are having fun or not. Every time I wanted to get back to this forum it would seem something else would take precedent.

Let's play catch up: Boat

My motor issue turned out to be 2 cracked heads! The mechanic said it was def from over heating. The exhaust hoses were melted on the inside and several other internal components showed that the motor was seriously over heated at some point. All this happened within weeks of me purchasing the boat from a private owner. I proceeded to take the previous owner to court for selling me the boat possibly knowing this had happened when he owned it. Month or so later he settles out of court and covers all the costs associated with the repair. So overall the story has a happy ending! Back on the water, but not used much this summer... keep reading.

Let's play catch up: Personal

My wife and I are proud parents of our first child, Asher James Brent! He is 2 months and 1 week old! Because of this little bundle of joy, the majority of my time this summer was getting the house projects finished and not so much free time playing on the web or on the boat for that matter! He is awesome and we are having so much fun with him. Bought him his first life jacket already, should fit him next summer. Can't wait for his first boat ride!

Things are settling down for the family and we are in a GOOD routine now so moving forward I plan on being more involved here. I'm also tearing down the boat this winter and refurbishing what I can before the spring so hope to post images and info on that adventure.

Good to be back!

Thanks.

87PS190
10-15-2010, 05:44 PM
Welcome back and congratulations on the youngun. You know this board is all about the pics!! A proud new daddy surely has a pic or two.......just sayin....

broncotw
10-15-2010, 06:05 PM
Congrats on both accounts (getting the boat issues resolved and the new addition to your family)..... Post some pictures of your boat soon......

thatsmrmastercraft
10-15-2010, 06:23 PM
You have a lot to be proud of. Better use some of that new found time to post some pics.

h2oskifreak
10-15-2010, 07:59 PM
Good reason to be gone. Congrats on the baby.

TX.X-30 fan
10-15-2010, 08:22 PM
Babbies are cool congrats.

DooSPX
10-16-2010, 10:40 AM
Congrads on the new baby and getting the boat back in working order!
Cannot wait to see pictures of the boat, and the family in the boat next summer!
Have a great one! :cool:

CBRENT
10-17-2010, 09:36 PM
Here's the little guy!

CBRENT
10-17-2010, 09:38 PM
Couple more, I could upload a 100 of these!

Joseph
10-17-2010, 10:40 PM
now ya got 2 things you get to baby :) The boat will be easier. jk. Awsome baby. Congrats!