PDA

View Full Version : X45 Rack Issues (size does matter)

98InTheHole
10-15-2010, 03:12 AM
I just purchased an Inland Surfer Blue Lake board which I really like, however it doesn't fit the 2010 X45 racks, it's too thick!

Has anyone had this issue before? And more importantly, does anyone have a solution that includes keeping the board? (and the X45 for that matter)

bturner2
10-15-2010, 07:56 AM
That's odd I have a Blue Lake and have had it in my racks on both my 03 X2 and 07 X2. Here's the test fit from when I picked up the 03 X2. While the mounting was different than the newer racks the racks themselves were the same or really close.

ttu
10-15-2010, 09:15 AM
sorry, i don't have a pic that i can find, but i have a 07 x2 and a blue lake and the board fits fine in the factory rack. i don't think they have changed racks at all.

X-Aggie
10-15-2010, 09:19 AM
Mine fits anything from 2004-Current with a little persuasion. If you do want it in the racks, your going to end up with some black residue from the clamp/foam surround on the white pad. Most of it washes off after a good sesch.

holms
10-15-2010, 10:54 PM
there should be some new ones available from MC soon that will hold thicker surf boards

SKADMAN
10-16-2010, 01:46 AM
there should be some new ones available from MC soon that will hold thicker surf boards

Yes Please! :woohoo:

Forrest-X45
10-16-2010, 01:50 AM
Mine fits anything from 2004-Current with a little persuasion. If you do want it in the racks, your going to end up with some black residue from the clamp/foam surround on the white pad. Most of it washes off after a good sesch.

X2 - The Blue Lake fits in the current racks with a little persuasion.

scott023
10-16-2010, 08:53 AM
Neither one of my Walker project surf boards fit in the racks of our X45...

bturner2
10-16-2010, 09:23 AM
Scott, didn't you pick up the MC addition board? Strange they would pick a board to do a special addition with that wouldn't fit in their racks.

How did that board work our for you this year? I've been looking at them for the past two years but it's really hard for me to drop that kind of money without trying it first and no one around year carries them.

scott023
10-16-2010, 09:38 AM
Scott, didn't you pick up the MC addition board? Strange they would pick a board to do a special addition with that wouldn't fit in their racks.

How did that board work our for you this year? I've been looking at them for the past two years but it's really hard for me to drop that kind of money without trying it first and no one around year carries them.

I did get the MC Walker board... it is a fantastic board. I wasn't able to surf rope free until I got the Walker boards, so that's saying something. I would recommend them to anyone. The customer support and follow up from the guys at TWP is unbelievable.

Here is a pic of the Walker Signature board we picked up this summer. It is extremely well rounded, a lot easier to carve on this board then it is on the MC F-18 model.

scott023
10-16-2010, 09:41 AM
BTW, I am quite sure that MC By Design didn't have a say in the dimensions of the Walker board... the MC edition is the same as all the other F-18's. I do know that MBD is making a surfboard rack that is supposed to be out shortly.

98InTheHole
10-16-2010, 01:24 PM
I just came back from a great day out on the boat and was looking a bit more closely at the racks, while it still doesn't fit as is, if I remove the foot-like-thingy that presses on the board when locking the rack then it would fit fine, so I was thinking I could remove it, and replace it with some rubber, this would enlarge the capacity by about 4-5 mm, which is enough to fit the board.

Now for the question, while looking at the thing, I couldn't figure out how to remove it, does anyone know?

(in the picture I've circled in red the foot-like-thingy I refer to)

98InTheHole
10-17-2010, 11:22 AM
Really? Nobody has ever taken this baby apart? Please, any help would be most appreciated....

scott023
10-17-2010, 03:08 PM
I for one would nevre take the clamp leg off... the racks are used for more than just surfers on our boat. Without those, the wakeboards aren't staying put in the racks.

TX.X-30 fan
10-17-2010, 03:11 PM
I for one would nevre take the clamp leg off... the racks are used for more than just surfers on our boat. Without those, the wakeboards aren't staying put in the racks.

Duct-Tape Drucker

scott023
10-17-2010, 05:57 PM
Duct-Tape Drucker

Or you could go BU style and use bungee cords. :rolleyes:

98InTheHole
10-17-2010, 06:10 PM

I would only remove it on one of the slots and I see no problem with having that slot designated 100% to that board.

Going BU with bungy would work for that 1 slot, I just need to get the board in first!

98InTheHole
10-28-2010, 02:36 AM
Finally managed to get the board in the rack, it is super tight, but it's in.

Plave
10-28-2010, 04:56 AM
Now let's see if you can get it out again :D