PDA

View Full Version : Rear seat for an older x star

tbate
10-14-2010, 10:43 AM
I had a seat blow out of my 01 x star last weekend and I can't find a replacement anywhere. I can have a local shop build me one for $450, but I don't want to pay that much to have a seat that doesn't match or fit right. The good news is that my boat hasn't changed in over 10 years (00-02 x star = 03-05 X2 = 06+ X1) so I can get a brand new seat for a newer X1 that would fit. But then I would have to just strip it down to the marine board and pay to reupholster it = $$$$. Does anyone know a way of getting my hands on just the base board for any of these boats? I just want it to fit right and stay factory. Are there ever wrecking yards with older boats? What are some of the older dealers that have been around a long time and might have one sitting around? Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks.

supturb89
10-14-2010, 11:36 AM
I believe any competent upholstery shop should be able to match what came from the factory. If you buy a new one and strip it down to the board how is this any different than getting the measurments and making the board yourself? Thats what I have done for my 96 205 and though I haven't got it back from the upholstery shop yet I'm thinking, based on what others on here have had done, it will look pretty darn close to factory original.;) And $450 seems high to me for this. Just my $.02.

G-Star
10-14-2010, 12:13 PM
That sucks. Did it fly out on the highway while trailering?

I almost lost mine on I-5 when I was bringing my boat home, but it just popped off the back seat and landed on the floor right in front of the back seat - lucky.

I've found that the seat stays put a lot better if you snap the air dam (or whatever you call it) into place in the bow walk-through while trailering. Does anybody have any other good tips to keep the seats in place while trailering at highway speed?

nmcjr
10-18-2010, 05:14 PM
Interesting to see this thread because I almost lost mine on the freeway about a month ago too. I would have if the wife didn't insist on the Starbucks stop. I used to always use the air dam while towing but it got torn up from the wind so I stopped, but I have now gone back to using it. I was pretty surprised to see that it had almost blown out.