PDA

View Full Version : X-80 Wakesurfing single prop

duffymahoney
10-12-2010, 12:31 AM
So does anyone have pictures or experience wakesurfing a single screw x-80? I would like a bigger boat for my large lake and I 100% wakesurf. Has anyone tried big sacs in this large boat? Thoughts or comments? Doesn't seem to be a lot of info on it that I can find. I think the dual prop would ruin the wave. Some of the videos on youtube look like a single screw but I wanna know how much weight etc.. people are running. I also heard that the swim deck cuts into the wave pretty bad. I was thinking large custom sacs, cut down swim deck and it could be the most amazing surf boat out.

mccobmd
10-12-2010, 02:52 PM
The only X80 I've been on had two engines and the wave was huge 2iht 2 750lb sac's

duffymahoney
10-12-2010, 03:17 PM
Also do you think if you had 2k in water ballast listing the boat a single engine would be enough? My boat throws an amazing wave now, I am just looking for bigger and safer.

vision
10-12-2010, 04:21 PM
I know this is not what you are looking for, but have you consider a larger Malibu? Their surf wake is impressive. If I was predominately surfing, I would at least ride behind one.

Do not get me wrong, I think MC makes a better boat. But not necessarily a better surfing boat.

duffymahoney
10-12-2010, 04:46 PM
Yeah the 247 or the 25LSV are good boats, they are still pretty crazy expensive though. I have seen a few x-80s pretty cheap and that's what sparked my interest. Especially ones with a single engine. My wave is freaking amazing, but the boat is only an inch or so off the water with the 2500 or so I run on surf side. I am just doing research on the boat. I think it would be a neat concept if I could have a big-safe boat to surf and a equal or better wave then I have now.

jbkriss
10-12-2010, 04:50 PM
Yeah the 247 or the 25LSV are good boats, they are still pretty crazy expensive though. I have seen a few x-80s pretty cheap and that's what sparked my interest. Especially ones with a single engine. My wave is freaking amazing, but the boat is only an inch or so off the water with the 2500 or so I run on surf side. I am just doing research on the boat. I think it would be a neat concept if I could have a big-safe boat to surf and a equal or better wave then I have now.

Get a sport fisherman! My partner's got a Bertram 60 for sale...

Cobra Rob
10-12-2010, 05:55 PM
I would consider the X-45 if you want a 'larger' boat.

You have WAY more interior room (best laid out interior IMO) and the wakesurf wave is pretty damn good.

Or even the X-55 over a single screw 80

duffymahoney
10-12-2010, 06:13 PM
The x-55 hull doesn't look as deep and not the same V as the x-80. I could be wrong. I want my wave to be = to mine. Plus the X-80 has been made since 02 and I can find crazy deals on them. So nobody has surfed a single screw x-80?

scott023
10-12-2010, 06:17 PM
Like Cobra Rob said, you should take a good look at an X45. Wicked surf wake behind it, and there are a good amount of them on the used market.

ski_king
10-12-2010, 06:31 PM
X-80 single screw = fat toad

scott023
10-12-2010, 06:34 PM
X-80 single screw = fat toad

I've never been in one, but I was thinking it must be a bit of a challenge in a 6500lb boat with max HP being 450. Then you add all the ballast weight the OP is talking about... :eek:

duffymahoney
10-12-2010, 07:43 PM
Well my current boat is 315 hp, stock weights 5000, plus 2500 pounds of ballast and I can surf at like 11.7 mph with a good sized crew. So I figured 500+ hp and a extreme prop would be fine (I don't care about top speed so I currently run a very extreme acme prop). X45 would be a step down in wave so that's not an option. The x80 is actually lighter then I would have guessed it would be.

scott023
10-12-2010, 07:45 PM
Well my current boat is 315 hp, stock weights 5000, plus 2500 pounds of ballast and I can surf at like 11.7 mph with a good sized crew. So I figured 500+ hp and a extreme prop would be fine (I don't care about top speed so I currently run a very extreme acme prop). X45 would be a step down in wave so that's not an option. The x80 is actually lighter then I would have guessed it would be.

What is your current boat?

duffymahoney
10-12-2010, 07:57 PM
2003 Ski Centurion Avalanche with custom 1500 pound enzo type sacs, custom bow sacs all hidden on switches.

Here are a few. This is at 11-12 mph via stargazer gps. Super fun wave, just want something safer. My lake is huge and I just get worried with kids etc.. on my boat.

duffymahoney
10-12-2010, 07:59 PM
A couple more

scott023
10-12-2010, 08:23 PM
All joking aside, the wake on my 45 without any additional ballast is comparable to the wake shown. I have added 900lbs of ballast and my wake is bigger than yours, and less "rampy". You should really find a 45 to test drive, have them give you some time to mess around with the wake. I'm positive you'll be impressed.

duffymahoney
10-12-2010, 08:43 PM
Really? My buddy has a x45 and he runs like 3k plus in ballast and it's tall and short. Fun wave just no were near mine. Length of wave is very important to me. I don't get out on his boat to often maybe it just needed more dialing in. Got a link to pics of your wave or perhaps a video? It's always hard to really tell a waves size in pics. Peoples height, camera angle etc... all factor in. My wave is competition level at the moment. I am just very nervous running so much weight.

Forrest-X45
10-12-2010, 08:43 PM
I agree with Scott....the X-45 produces an outstanding surf wake and it is not a step down from your wake. If you want a pure surf boat for a big lake I would seriously consider a X-55.

Take a look at this thread and specifically posts #7 and #22 for a X-55 surf wake.
http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=33172&highlight=X-55

duffymahoney
10-12-2010, 08:44 PM
Honestly unless he is doing some very wrong with his wave, an X45 isn't an option. Is the x45 hull and the x80 hull similar?

Forrest-X45
10-12-2010, 08:46 PM
Really? My buddy has a x45 and he runs like 3k plus in ballast and it's tall and short. Fun wave just no were near mine. Length of wave is very important to me. I don't get out on his boat to often maybe it just needed more dialing in. Got a link to pics of your wave or perhaps a video? It's always hard to really tell a waves size in pics. Peoples height, camera angle etc... all factor in. My wave is competition level at the moment. I am just very nervous running so much weight.

Your buddy needs to add some of that weight to the bow. Adding ballast to the bow of a 45 makes the wave lengthen out a lot. Makes a big difference......

duffymahoney
10-12-2010, 08:50 PM
We definitly tried more weight in the bow and also more speed. I'm not trying to start an fight about waves. I am only really interested in the x80 at the moment. Mastercraft boats are amazing, but they are also very spendy. I just thought maybe I could score an old x-80 for cheap and make a sick surf boat out of it.

Forrest-X45
10-12-2010, 08:51 PM
Honestly unless he is doing some very wrong with his wave, an X45 isn't an option. Is the x45 hull and the x80 hull similar?

He could be.......take a look at the pics in my previous post. X-80 and X-45 are two different boats.
If you want to load the crap out of a boat a X-80 might be your best option otherwise I would look at a 55 too.

Forrest-X45
10-12-2010, 08:53 PM
We definitly tried more weight in the bow and also more speed. I'm not trying to start an fight about waves. I am only really interested in the x80 at the moment. Mastercraft boats are amazing, but they are also very spendy. I just thought maybe I could score an old x-80 for cheap and make a sick surf boat out of it.

Just a friendly debate. That's why we have opinions and they vary on surf wakes too. :D

duffymahoney
10-12-2010, 08:55 PM
I just don't want a hateworld style thread on your mastercraft forum.

duffymahoney
10-12-2010, 09:01 PM
Yeah the x80 wave looks pretty good, very short. I sent the guy that post those pictures a message. It's so hard to tell when someone is standing on the wave! The loaded x45 wave looks ok, but nothing too crazy. I will post better pictures of my wave if you guys like:) I am 6 foot and it's a very long and pretty tall wave. My mastercraft buddies are jealous of my wave. I am jealous of their fit and finish and performance, and wakeboard wake!

TallRedRider
10-12-2010, 09:21 PM
All joking aside, the wake on my 45 without any additional ballast is comparable to the wake shown. I have added 900lbs of ballast and my wake is bigger than yours, and less "rampy". You should really find a 45 to test drive, have them give you some time to mess around with the wake. I'm positive you'll be impressed.

I have never added as much weight as Duffy has, but I do not think my 45 can get the length of pocket that he has. That is a freakish long pocket in those pics. Some day when I get 12 people in the boat, I could mess around with it, but so far I cannot come up with that caliber of wave. And I firmly believe my wave is very nice. I just put a single 750 on top of stock ballast and away we go. Beats most other boats hands down.

Duffy, depending on how they did the batteries and interior, you might not be able to get a surf sack in an X-80. I know I cannot put one in my 45. There is the ballast tank overflow in the way and then batteries, and there is also a step off there, not to mention the gas tank filler tube loops low right in front of the rear storage compartment. I don't like the idea of full ballast puttting pressure on the fill for the gas tank. So I am left putting 750 pounds all in the rear locker. A custom sack could be deeper and maybe even get you up to 1000 pounds in the rear locker, they are very large, again, talking 45 here.

http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff206/talltigeguy/Lake%20Powell%206-09/IMG00024.jpg

duffymahoney
10-12-2010, 09:27 PM
I have never opened an hatches or really looked hard at an x-80. I wanna see how a custom sac would be done in an x-80. On my boat, I had to do lots of mods for my custom sacs. I like messing around with this kind of stuff. It's sort of a hobby. The hard part is going to be finding not only an x80 but one with a single engine. They seem more rare.

duffymahoney
10-12-2010, 09:31 PM
How fast are you going in this picture? Speed is also important. Faster the better:)

Adam Wanichek
10-12-2010, 09:55 PM
Call or email this guy in Portland OR... if that isn't too far for you.
I have been staring at this on Craigslist for a while, gotta like the simple graphics, looks like its been done right. Single Motor I believe
http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/boa/2002706845.html

Adam

Maristar210
10-12-2010, 10:00 PM
Duffy,

There is a reason they do not make an X-80 in a single anymore and also a reason why the used ones are so cheap. UNDERPOWERED. Those single X80 motors will not last near as long as a twin...

Way too much load for that motor

duffymahoney
10-12-2010, 10:18 PM
Adam thanks, I emailed him. I want to know the locker size and under the seats. Also I heard the ski locker is giant. Might be a great place to put a good size sac to help bring down the nose.

Gosh I would figure 450 would be fine with the correct prop. Anyone know the torque on that motor?

duffymahoney
10-12-2010, 10:19 PM
Isn't the x80 only really 26.5 feet?

jdl xstar
10-12-2010, 11:05 PM
Gosh I would figure 450 would be fine with the correct prop. Anyone know the torque on that motor?

520 ft/lbs. seems like the right engine for 22-25 ft boats, but 28... can't vouch for that. But as you stated, proping it way down could be a solution if your just looking for low speed.

duffymahoney
10-12-2010, 11:23 PM
Can you run normal gas in it? Anyone know the real length of the x80? I would be making a custom swim deck so it doesn't cut into the wave.

duffymahoney
10-12-2010, 11:32 PM
Here are a couple more fun pictures. Gosh I miss summer already

duffymahoney
10-12-2010, 11:48 PM
I got an email back from the x80 owner. He is gonna look into custom sacs on that boat. I should have some measurements soon.

vandit0022
10-13-2010, 12:16 AM
Ok, so now from someone who actually owns a single screw X-80:

1) It's not underpowered for what I use it in and have never had a problem moving, getting on plane or going where I need to go at a normal speed. Nor have I had a problem pulling anyone. The weight of a single screw is 5,200lbs. I load it up with people all the time, wakesurf, board, lots of drinks and all of our crap and it has never has a problem moving. I'm not looking to do 50mph across the lake. If I was off coast or in Florida I would go with a twin. Not to mention your maintenance costs for winterizing are much cheaper.

2)The wake surf is great, even with just stock ballast and some strategic placement of people like in every other boat. The trim tabs also help out with whichever side you want. For as big of a boat as it is, the clean wake can require a little fine tuning as it is a MC and is sensitive to weight shift.

3) You can modify the swim deck if you want but I see no reason to. It's huge and it's nice to have that much room in the water.

4) People talk about the layout......put the passenger seat down and it's the same layout as everything else. I fit a ton of people in there, it's a very deep hull with lots of room at 9.5 feet wide there's room to roam and walk past people without getting up on them. And yes, the length is 28'3" not 26.5 as someone said. The bow seating is like an entire lounge on it's own.

5) On the single screw you gain two deep compartments/ice chests under the rear sunpads. You could put more weight in those if you wanted to, but again I haven't put more than ice and drinks in them.

As they say, to each their own.........I love my boat and it fits the mix of what we do. It's great for cruising, it's great for boarding. Am I saying it's the best wakesurf boat since sliced bread, no. But I've had sponsored riders behind it and they were stoked to get a chance to ride behind her and loved it. Good luck! BTW I'm the first owner of this boat, I bought it new (yes it was a long lost leftover) in 2009.

duffymahoney
10-13-2010, 12:19 AM
Good looking boat! And thanks for writing back. So next to the engine is ice chests? Were are the stock ballast tanks?

duffymahoney
10-13-2010, 12:20 AM
Is 28 feet with the swim deck? My boat is 22 without.

BoulderX45
10-13-2010, 12:21 AM
That is a Sick Wave! How fast are you going?

vandit0022
10-13-2010, 12:25 AM
Adam thanks, I emailed him. I want to know the locker size and under the seats. Also I heard the ski locker is giant. Might be a great place to put a good size sac to help bring down the nose.

Yes the storage in this boat is big but just like any other MC they put storage wherever there is empty space. Center storage locker is very deep and very large. Every seat storage area is pretty big. I could fit myself in them easily. There's also fresh water sink tank if you really want that extra weight all the time. The front seats are all open, theres more under the dash, in the bathroom, two storage/ice chest lockers under the transom sun pads, and then the ice chest goes across under the entire back seat. That center seat pops out and is the lid for the ice chest/step for the walk-through to the transom pads. There are two large areas on either side of the engine as well that I can stand in and the rear bench seat comes up to stomach. I think that when closed though the two ice chests mentioned above sit down in there a little bit at least.

The one thing you have to be weary of is that while this boat is yacht rated, if you look at the rear of the boat, just above the swim platform the engine hatch has two hinges that are in line with the step up onto the transom sun pads. Where those hinges are is an open crack so the hatch can open/close and I find that when weighted down, while the chances are small, you could swamp yourself if you really overdid it through this crack if you didn't pay attention. I think I saw a video or pics of a sunk X-80 on the shore and there was speculation of this issue. I've never needed that much weight though to make the wake.

duffymahoney
10-13-2010, 12:29 AM
That is a Sick Wave! How fast are you going?

I normally surf at 12 if my boat will do it.

duffymahoney
10-13-2010, 12:30 AM
I really need to see one of these in person.

vandit0022
10-13-2010, 12:36 AM
Good looking boat! And thanks for writing back. So next to the engine is ice chests? Were are the stock ballast tanks?

Yeah if you look at the transom you'll see two sun pads, and I usually have the center sun pad filler in. Under each side pad is a large ice chest that is built into the engine hatch. The sun pads are on a hinge and open with an assist arm. The entire setup raises up with the engine hatch when you open it. Mine has the boot blaster thing mounted to the wall in one of them.

The two stock ballast tanks, port and starboard are located under the floor. They are built into the boat and I can't even see them.

duffymahoney
10-13-2010, 12:39 AM
Interesting. Can the ice chests be removed? What a crazy design. So do you think the stock tanks are molded into the hull like the new MB boats?

coz
10-13-2010, 12:45 AM
I really need to see one of these in person.

Not quite in person....but you get the picture
http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm258/cozaz/001-38.jpg
http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm258/cozaz/005-32.jpg

vandit0022
10-13-2010, 12:45 AM
Interesting. Can the ice chests be removed? What a crazy design. So do you think the stock tanks are molded into the hull like the new MB boats?

Well to my knowledge the ice chests can't readily be removed but I'm sure you could cut them out or something. They don't go that far into the engine compartment that you couldn't still have custom bags under them.

I don't even know if they are molded into the hull or not. I have been under the seats, in the engine compartment and opened up ports to look around/do maintenance and I haven't seen any hard tanks except for fuel and fresh water.

vandit0022
10-13-2010, 12:47 AM
Not quite in person....but you get the picture
http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm258/cozaz/001-38.jpg
http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm258/cozaz/005-32.jpg

So that one is a twin engine but you get the idea. Those sun pads do not open and do not have the ice chests under them like mine because there is an engine under each one but that's where they'd be located. And they open with the hinges facing AFT so when they open up they tilt back towards the swim platform. Look at the one from Portland listed earlier and you can see the whole engine hatch when it's open and see the two ice chests which appear to be part of the hatch molded in.

duffymahoney
10-13-2010, 12:48 AM
Does the space under the ice chest run forward under the passenger seats? How much is each stock ballast tank weights? I can seem to find that info on mastercraft.com For some reason I just love the look of this giant boat.

vandit0022
10-13-2010, 01:03 AM
Does the space under the ice chest run forward under the passenger seats? How much is each stock ballast tank weights? I can seem to find that info on mastercraft.com For some reason I just love the look of this giant boat.

No, those two ice chests stop at the engine hatch. The biggest one is actually under the back seat and extends the length of the entire seat on either side. The middle of the rear bench is a separate pad that comes off. Under it is the lid for the built in ice chest. I can put about 5-6 full bags of ice in there easy. Usually just leave that center seat off for easy access to it.

The look, it does get a ton of comments. She is giant that's for sure. It's definitely a ton of upkeep keeping that black mirror finish.

Also the ballast is 1,000lbs according to this:
http://www.wakeworld.com/products/index.php?l=product_detail&p=53559

Course that also shows the wrong engine specs so who knows.

duffymahoney
10-13-2010, 01:36 AM
Sorry I mean the space under the sunpad ice chests. Does that area-void run forward further into the boat or does it stop where the rear bench ice chest starts? My idea would be to remove those ice chests and install the largest possible custom sacs I can. On the enzo sac, the sac has a finger that runs really far foward. My idea would be to do the same basic thing. Hopefully that void runs under the seats and goes all the way to the bathroom or the sink depending on what side it's on. I honestly don't care that much about huge ice chests. I would like enough for say 2-3 cases and that's about all I need. We normally only go out for a couple hours. Thanks for answering all my questions.

Here is a dumb one.
Hows the gas mileage? Mine is pretty terrible, just wondering if it's terrible or just pretty freaking expensive?

duffymahoney
10-13-2010, 01:41 AM
I know someone one wakeworld with a mastercraft has installed an enzo like sac and his wave is great.

JohnE
10-13-2010, 09:36 AM
X55 is a better choice IMO. Here's a pic. Not my boat.

scott023
10-13-2010, 10:09 AM
My understanding (from having seen it being done at the MC factory) is that the ballast are intergrated into the hull.

scott023
10-13-2010, 10:14 AM
Duffy, the 80 is 28'3" without the swim platform.

duffymahoney
10-13-2010, 12:44 PM
X55 is a better choice IMO. Here's a pic. Not my boat.

I don't want to discus best or biggest. I just want a nice safe big wave. That is a very nice wave and it gives me hope that the x80 wave could be better or the same.

TX.X-30 fan
10-13-2010, 01:01 PM
Duffy sell enzo sacks.............................

Adam Wanichek
10-13-2010, 01:16 PM
Duffy
Just buy an X80 and be done with it. You can deprop that thing to the point of being a tug boat. won't be able to slalom ski behind it, but who would. 1000# factory ballast plus 6500#weight plus a few friends= I don't want that boat anywhere near me.
If wakesurfing and partying is your thing then I don't think it gets any better. 300?

duffymahoney
10-13-2010, 01:18 PM
Duffy sell enzo sacks............................. ?

I'm confused by that? I don't sell any products related to boats or surfing. I actually own a small brewery:) There are a bunch of sites that you can order custom fly high bags from. You just need to measure and come up with the shape you want.

Adam Wanichek
10-13-2010, 01:21 PM
A small Brewery.....I'm listening, fill out your info so we know where to find you:)

duffymahoney
10-13-2010, 04:49 PM
The portland boat doesn't have stock ballast:( I wonder what what was done the stock ballast location? If that area is just foam or?

vandit0022
10-13-2010, 08:01 PM
Sorry I mean the space under the sunpad ice chests. Does that area-void run forward further into the boat or does it stop where the rear bench ice chest starts? My idea would be to remove those ice chests and install the largest possible custom sacs I can. On the enzo sac, the sac has a finger that runs really far foward. My idea would be to do the same basic thing. Hopefully that void runs under the seats and goes all the way to the bathroom or the sink depending on what side it's on. I honestly don't care that much about huge ice chests. I would like enough for say 2-3 cases and that's about all I need. We normally only go out for a couple hours. Thanks for answering all my questions.

Here is a dumb one.
Hows the gas mileage? Mine is pretty terrible, just wondering if it's terrible or just pretty freaking expensive?

I can't remember but I want to say that the engine compartment does not extend all the way through on either side of the engine to under the seats. I'll look tomorrow when I take the boat down for winterizing and take a couple pics. The storage area under the seats on either side is elevated compared to the engine compartment floor. I think the tanks are molded in under that area.

The gas mileage? I don't know, it's not as bad as I expected. I probably use more gas towing to and from the lake/dealership. It has an 83 gallon gas tank and I've never run it all the way down even on a 3 day weekend on the lake but clearly if you're running with lots of ballast and low speeds it's going to suck the fuel. It's a 450 hp engine so I guess do the math. Literally the pumps usually shut off before I can fill it all the way up to the point of gas coming out the top. The pumps here stop at $100 bucks.

I take it you'll be on Coeur D'Alene??

vandit0022
10-13-2010, 08:03 PM
The portland boat doesn't have stock ballast:( I wonder what what was done the stock ballast location? If that area is just foam or?

Yeah that one is a Maristar 280 with a tower. Generally the wood dash is the giveaway on that one. It was for sale when I bought mine over a year ago.

duffymahoney
10-13-2010, 09:11 PM
So they are a little different boats? Yeah if you could take pictures of the area under the seats and under the ice chests next to the engine. Thanks again for your help. I have seen this boat for sale for a while. I wouldn't mind putting ballast in. I have done it in three boats and it's not that hard. Honestly I would rather put it in so it's done how I like. It would be perfect if the boat had the stock ballast tank area empty so I could put sacs there. Thanks again. You have been a huge help.

duffymahoney
10-14-2010, 06:30 PM
My local mastercraft dealer has a x80 twin screw at his lot. I am gonna go take a look. The area where I would be putting ballast wouldn't be the same but it should give me a good idea of what the boat hull looks like and some other ballast areas and get some ideas.

duffymahoney
10-19-2010, 06:19 PM
I went and looked at the boat! I love love love it! I wish it would have been a single screw. I really want to measure that area next to the engine to see what size custom sacs would fit.

scott023
10-19-2010, 06:22 PM
I went and looked at the boat! I love love love it! I wish it would have been a single screw. I really want to measure that area next to the engine to see what size custom sacs would fit.

You considered any of the surfing advantages to the twin?

TX.X-30 fan
10-19-2010, 06:46 PM
You considered any of the surfing advantages to the twin?

I would love to surf with twins..........:D

duffymahoney
10-19-2010, 06:48 PM
Nice! The twin would create wash on the wave. I would like the wave to be clean.

vandit0022
10-19-2010, 08:49 PM
Tried to reply to your PM duffy but it says you don't accept messages.

duffymahoney
10-19-2010, 08:51 PM
Can you email me. Duffymahoney@hotmail.com

scott023
10-20-2010, 12:16 AM
Nice! The twin would create wash on the wave. I would like the wave to be clean.

Actually, the twins create an equal wake on both sides, as opposed to one side being washed out because of prop rotation...

duffymahoney
10-20-2010, 01:47 PM
I don't want equal smaller waves. I want one amazing wave:) !!!!

scott023
10-20-2010, 01:48 PM
I don't want equal smaller waves. I want one amazing wave:) !!!!

There is no such thing as a small wave behind a MC towboat... just saying. :D

duffymahoney
10-20-2010, 02:31 PM
All boats can make good- great waves with enough weight and time dialing them in. I want a crazy big wave that is also safe:)

duffymahoney
10-20-2010, 04:34 PM
I went and looked at a twin screw x-80 yesterday. I am thinking about buying a single screw and doing a bunch of mods to make it a safe surf machine. The thing has tons and tons of potential. First off it's huge, hard to tell from pictures but it's massive. The locker area, under seats, ski locker are all huge! The boat is super tall as well. I bet it's at least 2x as tall as my avalanche. I saw a few issues that would need to be address and fixed. Lack a wakeplate on the single screw would be first. This calms down spray-prop wash and also helps bring the nose down. This would need to be installed. The swim deck is way to big. It would need to be smaller to not affect the wave, so I would make one out of teak or marine ply and have it covered in line-x. It has "surf tabs" or trim tabs need to go. The are mounted at such an angle that I am sure they drag in the wave causing wash. From just looking (I didn't measure)I would guess hidden ballast could be in the 3k-4k range on each side for surfing! The hull design looks pretty good for wave creation as well. Also I would remove the fresh water tank for custom sacs. It has some panels that would also need to be removed for custom sacs. This thing could be a beast. Put a surf prop on it and the boat should be able to handle the speed and weight.

duffymahoney
10-20-2010, 04:36 PM
A few more