PDA

View Full Version : MasterCraft X14 Fold the tower?

Panos_X14
10-11-2010, 07:59 AM
Hello there,
i have a mastercraft x14 model of 2008. Now that the winter is close i want to know if i could save some space by folding the tower. Does anyone have any idea if you can do this and how?
Is there any instruction i could follow? Is there something i have to watch out?
Thank you,
Panagiotis

Thrall
10-11-2010, 09:51 AM
Uhhhh, undo the knobs that hold it up and fold it?..........Or have your butler do it.

MCVOLS
10-11-2010, 10:04 AM
Yes, you can fold the tower, and it is pretty simple. Just look for the big knobs, and either loosen or remove them. (slightly loosen aft knobs at deck, remove forward knobs at deck, remove knobs on the legs from the bow to the top of tower, and 'undo' the knobs that connect the main tower portion from the forward legs) I put the knobs back in the spot they came from, just so I know where they are next time.

If you have a bimini, you will have to disconnect it from the legs going to the bow. Also, watch your board racks. I turn mine 1/4 turn, to allow the tower to rest on the deck. For '08 you likely don't have the pads on the deck, so I would suggest putting something on the deck to rest the tower on. Also, you will need to remove your mirror too.

There may be some other stuff that I am forgetting, but these are the things I recall from doing mine.

Panos_X14
10-11-2010, 10:10 AM
Thank you guys. I will inform my batler...8p8p8p