PDA

View Full Version : Brazos River

Yellow X9
10-10-2010, 10:44 AM
Couldn't have asked for a better day on the water-Sat, 2:00 in the afternoon and great water

TX.X-30 fan
10-10-2010, 11:36 AM
The Spot??

tex
10-10-2010, 11:58 AM
Couldn't have asked for a better day on the water-Sat, 2:00 in the afternoon and great water

Watch for snakes!

Yellow X9
10-10-2010, 01:38 PM
The Spot??

Just south of Hamms Creek

oldairboater
10-10-2010, 02:55 PM
The Brazos is about two miles from my front door here in Brazoria County. BIG alligators. Skied in it a few times as a kid. We have trouble with boat ramps on it here. They fill up with mud and debris from the full bank floods. Mostly used for fishing here and not skied in much. We have a better skiing river about ten miles further away. Less current, almost as wide, and not as much debris.

TX.X-30 fan
10-10-2010, 03:07 PM
The Brazos is about two miles from my front door here in Brazoria County. BIG alligators. Skied in it a few times as a kid. We have trouble with boat ramps on it here. They fill up with mud and debris from the full bank floods. Mostly used for fishing here and not skied in much. We have a better skiing river about ten miles further away. Less current, almost as wide, and not as much debris.

Where X9 is talking about is a whole different animal than where you speak of. I would not put my boat in the Brazos river there, but I could live in the river where X9 is talking about.

broncotw
10-10-2010, 03:10 PM
How far is this from San Antonio???

TX.X-30 fan
10-10-2010, 03:20 PM
How far is this from San Antonio???

Lake Whitney and head up river, so Waco + 45 min to an hour??

east tx skier
10-10-2010, 03:28 PM
Watch for snakes!

I didn't think snakes liked salt water.

03 35th Anniversary
10-10-2010, 04:20 PM
Lake Whitney and head up river, so Waco + 45 min to an hour??

Where those pics were taken at is about 3-1/2 to 4 hours from San Antonio...

I have spent alot in those spots growing up...

TX.X-30 fan
10-10-2010, 06:16 PM
Where those pics were taken at is about 3-1/2 to 4 hours from San Antonio...

I have spent alot in those spots growing up...

Get picky then...................... :flipa:

:D

Slinkyredfoot
10-10-2010, 07:15 PM
I googled the Brazos, knew it was in Texas and a long river for sure. Looks like a great place to ski and enjoy the water.

Great knowledge, I learned about the Brazos tonight, thanks.

Yellow X9
10-10-2010, 07:59 PM
Take I-35 to Hwy-174 in Burleson, TX, then head west to the town of Rio Vista, Kimbal bend, Park is about 1.5 miles away or you could put in at Hams Creek Park, Always plenty of Comp boats oout there. I was showing water temp yesatrday at 74 degrees, thought it was gonna b a little cooler. The few pics I took, were at 2:00 in the afternoon, water was very close to glass.

snork
10-10-2010, 08:04 PM
The place yellow X9 has taken the pic are of Tin Top north of Lake Grandbury. I was in the Orange and Black X Star. But yeah always beautiful when the snakes and gators are sleeping. What The ----?

Yellow X9
10-10-2010, 09:53 PM
The place yellow X9 has taken the pic are of Tin Top north of Lake Grandbury. I was in the Orange and Black X Star. But yeah always beautiful when the snakes and gators are sleeping. What The ----?

Tin top is by Weatherford, as least thats what im thinking or have been told-never been there myself

broncotw
10-10-2010, 11:06 PM
Thanks guys.....

SteveO
10-10-2010, 11:30 PM
Snork,

Glad to see you are still tearing up the river. Do you every see Doug O (Brazos Bum) around? X9, You have violated the code. Swimsuit pics yes, lat-long directions, NO. May want to edit post unless you want a few of the DallasWakeboarding.com boys to pirate your ship next outing:)..

tex
10-11-2010, 07:38 AM
Take I-35 to Hwy-174 in Burleson, TX, then head west to the town of Rio Vista, Kimbal bend, Park is about 1.5 miles away or you could put in at Hams Creek Park, Always plenty of Comp boats oout there. I was showing water temp yesatrday at 74 degrees, thought it was gonna b a little cooler. The few pics I took, were at 2:00 in the afternoon, water was very close to glass.

We know what your boat looks like!

tex
10-11-2010, 07:40 AM
I didn't think snakes liked salt water.

These are big, mean, aggressive snakes!

east tx skier
10-11-2010, 11:29 AM
These are big, mean, aggressive snakes!

I hear they hang out around those unmarked, submerged, jagged rocks that are right in the channel.

HMF007
10-11-2010, 11:42 AM
I was spoiled on the Brazos. I went to Baylor and we boarded everyday after class when I got my xstar. It was glass no matter what the weather and there were never any other boats. You couldn't ask for a better river but there are snakes and big logs. We never had any prolbems though. They also have the drag boat races there. I thought about entering the xstar in the open class...

Archimedes
10-11-2010, 01:51 PM
Went to Baylor as well, though was a starving college student at the time and wakeboarding wasn't invented then! Did spend many a day on the cliffs at the park watching the drag boat races and having a beer or three, however.

TX.X-30 fan
10-11-2010, 02:05 PM
Went to Baylor as well, though was a starving college student at the time and wakeboarding wasn't invented then! Did spend many a day on the cliffs at the park watching the drag boat races and having a beer or three, however.

I saw 2 footers jump from the old suspension bridge and come up footing, you are talking about the brazos right in town right?

tex
10-11-2010, 06:35 PM
I was spoiled on the Brazos. I went to Baylor and we boarded everyday after class when I got my xstar. It was glass no matter what the weather and there were never any other boats. You couldn't ask for a better river but there are snakes and big logs. We never had any prolbems though. They also have the drag boat races there. I thought about entering the xstar in the open class...

That's spoiled in about 3-4 ways!

TX.X-30 fan
10-11-2010, 08:14 PM
That's spoiled in about 3-4 ways!

I believe he is talking about right downtown Waco.

Archimedes
10-11-2010, 08:15 PM
I saw 2 footers jump from the old suspension bridge and come up footing, you are talking about the brazos right in town right?

I know the bridge of which you speak, but I was talking about the cliffs up river where they held the drag boat races for years. I used to ride my motorcycle into the park, I think it was called Cameron Park (been so long I can't remember), and go all the way to the top where the rock walls were and hang out watching the races with all the other red necks and low lifes like myself who didn't want to pay for a real seat at the event. I recall they had the army reserves there as security to try to stop people from going over the wall and sitting out on the cliffs themselves. Didn't help, at least one drunk guy took a tumble every weekend.

TX.X-30 fan
10-11-2010, 08:24 PM
I know the bridge of which you speak, but I was talking about the cliffs up river where they held the drag boat races for years. I used to ride my motorcycle into the park, I think it was called Cameron Park (been so long I can't remember), and go all the way to the top where the rock walls were and hang out watching the races with all the other red necks and low lifes like myself who didn't want to pay for a real seat at the event. I recall they had the army reserves there as security to try to stop people from going over the wall and sitting out on the cliffs themselves. Didn't help, at least one drunk guy took a tumble every weekend.

Yes Cameron Park is correct with the lovers leap cliff area. Some old indian story about kids jumping or something, There is a zoo in that park now that my kids have done several times, supposed to be very natural as you could imagine having been in the park as you have.

There is definitely no shortage of rednecks in that area, me being one of them back in the 70's...............:D