PDA

View Full Version : Sad...

03geetee
10-09-2010, 07:05 PM
Came up to the lake this weekend (middle WI) and the weather is GORGEOUS 80 and sunny with a hint of a breeze and my baby is all bundled up for winter and sitting on the trailer. I am bringing it home to restore/replace the interior over winter so that is about the only good part but man I wish she was out one more time!!!!

JTR

c_craig
10-09-2010, 07:17 PM
Same routine for me today. Nicest day we've had in a month.

Miss Rita
10-09-2010, 07:30 PM
Came up to the lake this weekend (middle WI) and the weather is GORGEOUS 80 and sunny with a hint of a breeze and my baby is all bundled up for winter and sitting on the trailer. I am bringing it home to restore/replace the interior over winter so that is about the only good part but man I wish she was out one more time!!!!

No need to be sad for long. It will be cold soon and you'll be glad your baby is in the garage!

bturner2
10-09-2010, 07:39 PM
I feel your pain. We're all done here in Michigan too. Looking forward to another good year to come. Good luck with your project.....

87PS190
10-09-2010, 07:56 PM
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. It got to 87 here in Indy today! I just wish we could get some rain now so we can have our bonfire party in 2 weeks....:toast:

kevkan
10-09-2010, 08:35 PM
I'm storing my boat in a heated warehouse, so I'm gonna use it till the kids will no longer get in the water. Went out today (Eldorado Lake, KS) and had a great time. 86 air, my guage said 78 degree water, but the kids thought it was colder.

My sadness came when I pulled up the first rider and went to adjust the tower mirror. It was gone! Somewhere along the highway. Expensive trip I suppose.

JohnnyB
10-09-2010, 09:09 PM
Hangin' on for another couple weeks. Went footin' Friday afternoon and hoping to get out again tomorrow AM.

Usually winterize the last weekend in October or 1st weekend in November.

Skipper
10-09-2010, 09:10 PM
Gorgeous water on the Red River in Louisiana today. Absolute glass! Had a great time. Made the mistake of not adding any fuel. Burned through a quarter tank and had to leave when there were still two hours of glass filled daylight at the very best time of the day.

JohnnyB
10-09-2010, 09:10 PM

JTR

By the way.....your boat is my 'someday' second boat/dream boat. Post pics of your resto job.

-

mzito
10-09-2010, 09:50 PM
I feel your pain. We're all done here in Michigan too. Looking forward to another good year to come. Good luck with your project.....
Have a full day of skiing lined up for tomorrow. Should be close to 80. will not see this again until next summer in the D.

03geetee
10-09-2010, 10:05 PM
By the way.....your boat is my 'someday' second boat/dream boat. Post pics of your resto job.

-

For sure man, check the appearance thread there are some in there of what I have done so far.

JTR

EricB
10-10-2010, 12:55 AM
Tucked my boat away today. Western Wisconsin (Balsam Lake) and almost 80 deg weather. I went skiing the last 2 days (and just bought a portable slalom course today) but had to keep with a schedule. Very tough to winterize when this warm but I know that if I wait it will not be good....
I feel the pain!

TN X-45
10-10-2010, 09:15 AM
Definitely heading out today - it will be mid-80's in Georgia.

SS LS1
10-10-2010, 10:23 PM
I here you man, in MI it was 76 degs the last 2 days and I spent Sat in the driveway draining the block, scrubbing the bilge and cleaning the carpeting of the boat all the while watching several boaters on the lake. :( Today (Sunday) I worked on getting my parents dock out of the lake while watching skiers, tubers, boarders and 2 different barefooters zipping by, at lease they waved while we worked! 8p

Either way I'd rather have mid 70's temps in Oct. to winterize the boat and remove the dock over the frost covered mornings we had around here last week.;)

BTW, love your boat! It reminds me of our red and cream '85 S&S we had when I was growing up, just minus the metal flake.:D

ROB
10-11-2010, 02:50 AM
I've been hearing so much about this, how do you say? Winterizing! Sounds interesting. I'll be on the local lake tomorrow. One of these years I will try that whole "winterizing thing."