PDA

View Full Version : Get hit by a boat -- get a ticket

TalleyHo
07-09-2005, 05:13 PM
This is insane - I know these guys and they don't fit the stereotypical wakeboarder - they are courteous people.

How is it that someone runs you down, hits your rider, and YOU get a ticket. How is this justice?

http://www.dallaswakeboarding.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=5174

Mag_Red
07-09-2005, 05:29 PM
:eek: That's messed up!

bradamerry
07-09-2005, 05:40 PM
Think of what would have happened, had he kicked his A$$...

JLeuck64
07-09-2005, 06:04 PM
I wonder where the driver's attention was right before the initial event? I've been in a crowded boat before and it's REALLY tough to concentrate sometimes. All it takes is a second or two...

Double Overhead
07-09-2005, 06:18 PM
I was pulling my wife while she was wakeboarding and sure enough some bozo is pulling their kid on a tube and coming right up on my a$$, directly behind me. My wife crashes on the wakeboard. As I am watching I can see the driver of the other boat turned around looking at the kid on the tube. I had to kick it into gear and basically drive between him and my wife. He finally pulls his head out and swerves out of the way. His inattention made for a bad situation and he could have run over my wife. I was so pissed but I realized how one person not paying attention for a few seconds could kill someone on the lake.

Now when someone is directly behind me I pull to the right and let them pass or I will turn around. For some reason people treat driving a boat or a jetski like its a game and dont pay attention like they would in a car.

shepherd
07-10-2005, 09:34 AM
The guy just got a fine? How about attempted murder, assault with a deadly weapon, or at least just plain assault. Seems to me the cops should have "roughed him and cuffed him." :mad:
As for the wakeboard driver, I hate to say it, but I'm not surprised the cops ticketed him too. We had a real a-hole cop on the river we used to ski on. The river was narrow and this cop really enforced the 100' rule. His rule was the ski boat driver would have to STOP and let the other boat pass if it looked like a violation would occur. It was up to the ski boat driver, not the other boat to avoid the "too close" violation.

lakes Rick
07-10-2005, 11:35 AM
As for the wakeboard driver, I hate to say it, but I'm not surprised the cops ticketed him too. We had a real a-hole cop on the river we used to ski on.

What surprise.... He's got a gun, he's got a knife, you better run for your life.......

shepherd
07-12-2005, 03:47 PM
I won't say all cops are like that, but this guy...
Even his partner on the boat (a different person each time) seemed to dislike him, but would be nice to us.

Davo
08-11-2005, 01:26 PM
He took the easy way out and gave 'em both a ticket. :rolleyes:

The officer was obviously a fisherman. :purplaugh

BTW, this is what someone wrote about 6 posts down from Bill's on that site:
"it was only a matter of time until those fishermen on lake arlington were going to go insane and try and kill someone. just like last year when izzy got beat by fishing poles on lewisville" :eek: