PDA

View Full Version : XStar muffler problems

Ole Miss Rebels
10-08-2010, 02:30 PM
i have an 08 XStar with L18. the two (2) straight inline mufflers keep coming apart at the seams and leaking badly. i have now been told that the 2011 XStar has a different styled muffler that they use for the L18. instead of the mufflers being straight up and down with the exhaust hose they are now mounted the same except the cannister part is turned sideways instead of up and down. otherwise, everything is the same does anyone know why they changed? were the old styled ones failing like my two sets have or is that the new ones are quieter. the onle vertically mounted ones were still way too loud to talk in the boat. i hope that the new horizontally mounted ones are quieter as i am going to try to change if i can. anyone know anything about the new mufflers for the 2011 xstar with L18?

Forrest-X45
10-08-2010, 04:07 PM
i have an 08 XStar with L18. the two (2) straight inline mufflers keep coming apart at the seams and leaking badly. i have now been told that the 2011 XStar has a different styled muffler that they use for the L18. instead of the mufflers being straight up and down with the exhaust hose they are now mounted the same except the cannister part is turned sideways instead of up and down. otherwise, everything is the same does anyone know why they changed? were the old styled ones failing like my two sets have or is that the new ones are quieter. the onle vertically mounted ones were still way too loud to talk in the boat. i hope that the new horizontally mounted ones are quieter as i am going to try to change if i can. anyone know anything about the new mufflers for the 2011 xstar with L18?

No more L18, 2010 was the last year for the L18. The Indmar 6.2L supercharged engine is the replacement. You might have to research aftermarket replacement mufflers or just keep fixing the factory ones. Heck - just yank 'em out and straight pipe that bad boy. No more leaks.......and everyone will hear you coming. :D