PDA

View Full Version : lpg.....

gaz46
10-05-2010, 05:19 PM
Hi all....

Are any of you guys running on lpg???

Im considering converting my boat due to increasing fuel prices, its 1.20 a litre in the uk!!! just wondered what your experience of the fuel is regarding performance etc....

cheers, gaz!

TX.X-30 fan
10-05-2010, 05:22 PM
I run Switch-Grass in mine.

gaz46
10-05-2010, 05:26 PM
tx, what is switch grass?????

munkymush
10-05-2010, 05:29 PM
yep , an mcx on lpg running at half the cost of petrol ...

munkymush
10-05-2010, 05:30 PM
its the best thing ive ever done , runs great had it in this boat for 2 seasons and its paid for itself already..hardly any difference to petrol performance wise if any at all ..

gaz46
10-05-2010, 05:39 PM
did you do the conversion yourself????

mark g
10-05-2010, 05:41 PM
wouldn't run any other way,
Apparently you loose a bit on performance but considered what you have under the hood i dont know any body that has noticed.
think the price for converting has crept up a bit and the price of gas is no longer 20p a litre, i'm paying 49p a litre but still a big saving on petrol.
go for it you wont regret it.

munkymush
10-05-2010, 05:46 PM
yes, me and my mate who half owns the boat, mastercraft want 3300 for the prins injection kit fitted ..amd you cant buy prins stuff anywhere to fit yourself.
we have an agis v8 injection kit, metis single injectors, bigas vapouriser, standard 70ltr tank fitted up behind the observers seat ... its gone really well and were chuffed to be honest it cost us around 1250 and its paid us that back in 2 seasons.. we wet away with the boat and it saved us 185 in one week compared to petrol , performance is just as good .we pulled 5 boarders the other week and it would easily have pulled more ..if i can give you any info just ask ...

gaz46
10-05-2010, 05:47 PM
im seriously considering it. We did 6hrs wakeboarding on saturday and burnt 110 of fuel! did you convert yourself?

munkymush
10-05-2010, 05:51 PM
yes we did it all ,its not too bad a job to be honest id had boats before on single point gas but the economy is better on injection ..we use 20-25 ltrs an hour boarding

TX.X-30 fan
10-05-2010, 05:52 PM
tx, what is switch grass?????

Just kidding, good luck with the convesion.

Some goofy green fuel our fearless leader thinks will jump start a green revolution and put a bag of potatos and a fifth of vodka on all our comrades tables..........:D

east tx skier
10-05-2010, 10:04 PM
Just kidding, good luck with the convesion.

Some goofy green fuel our fearless leader thinks will jump start a green revolution and put a bag of potatos and a fifth of vodka on all our comrades tables..........:D

As long as we're getting ethanol, switch grass beats the hell out of corn (hey, great idea. Let's put food in our gas tanks!) We ought to toss that Giant Salvania crud in a few hundred thousand holding tank and grow it. Something like 4x its weight per day. Make fuel out of that. Beats having it in the lake.

sizzler
10-06-2010, 10:02 AM
i have a maclaren system fitted by oxford mastercraft....it is dual fuel...starts up on petrol and doesnt switch over to LPG until you get to a certain amount of revs...stops the system from freezing up in the winter.....120+litre lpg tank and 5 gallon petrol tank.....had it for about 4yrs now...now problems and runs great ....the only thing agst it is that if you burn out the petrol pump,it will not start up on LPG....it has to start on petrol......

paid for itself many times over

:D