PDA

View Full Version : PS197 Carpet Replacement?

Gixxer
10-04-2010, 01:27 PM
Anyone changed the carpet in a 197?

It is all put in as 1 piece so I guess you would have to cut the carpet out and re-glue in the floor section. Any thoughts? I would like to do this during the winter.

ramzak
10-04-2010, 04:43 PM
I did this in my boat about 3 months ago. You need 2 things.

Willwood Conact cement - at least a gallon
carpet - I bought mine at Home Depot. Enough to do the boat cost me about $100

You cut it out in the general shape. Then you roll it up and do small managable sections at a time. unroll more carpet and do another section. While doing this, you cut it to the exact size you need.

P.S. - Check out my resto thread for more info

Gixxer
10-05-2010, 12:02 PM
I have seen nice capet at Corinthian marine I would like to get. What your boat a 197? The floor boards in seem to be wraped in the back and I didnt know if the floor needs to come out of the 197 to change the carpet

Cloaked
10-05-2010, 06:51 PM
Anyone changed the carpet in a 197?

It is all put in as 1 piece so I guess you would have to cut the carpet out and re-glue in the floor section. Any thoughts? I would like to do this during the winter.
Remove the old carpet in tact as much as possible. Don't just tear it out at random. It will serve you well as a template for cutting the new carpet. You'll have to put it in in several pieces. There are plenty of threads here that cover the carpet extravaganza.