PDA

View Full Version : fogging efi

eddyb
09-28-2010, 03:00 PM
Would like some opinions on whether to fog an efi engine through the flame arrestor, or is there a better way?

east tx skier
09-28-2010, 03:38 PM
It depends whether it is a "wet" or "dry" intake. If your motor is a multiport chevy like the LT1 or MCX for example, it is a dry intake and, as a result, many chose only to fog the individual cylinders by removing the spark plugs, fogging the cylinder, and turning the engine over by hand. If it is a carbureted Chevy or Ford, in addition to fogging the cylinders, you can spray fogging oil or pour something like Marvel Mystery Oil into the throat of the carb or thorttle body with the engine running at idle.

I know of some who will fog a multiport chevy through the intake (under the flame arrestor) without any ill effects. I have a multiport injected Ford and chose not to do so.

russlars
09-28-2010, 03:39 PM
Would like some opinions on whether to fog an efi engine through the flame arrestor, or is there a better way?
All I have ever done is take out the spark plugs and spray fogging oil into each cylinder. Replace the spark plugs, disconnect the kill switch and turn the engine over a couple times.