PDA

View Full Version : One Impeller Size for all MCs ?

4Runner
09-18-2010, 10:53 AM
I am a new used 2001 209 owner. Just got it at the end of the season. Always have had I/O's in the past, new to inboards. I want to replace the impeller to be safe. When I do a search for impellers, it looks like there is only one size for all MC Indmar engines. Is that correct? Anything I need to look/lookout for? Will the following work:
Diameter = 2-1/4", Side Width = 1-15/16"
Replaces Jabsco 13554-0001 and Johnson 812b impellers
Fits the following applications:
Mastercraft - All V8s
Also, do I need a Impeller Removal Tool?
Thanks for all your help.

CruisinGA
09-18-2010, 11:07 AM
Johnson 812 is correct.

You don't need an impeller removal tool, I use the same flat head screwdriver that I take the cover off with to work the impeller out. Use some soap or binding lube to aid with installation of the new one.

rkmason
09-18-2010, 04:29 PM
Welcome to the Mastercraft family. I also came from an I/O boat to a Mastercraft as my first inboard some years ago. The only thing that has ever stranded us on the water was a defective Johnson pump impeller (rubber part of the impeller came unbonded from the brass hub), so carry a spare impeller and tools to replace it with you. I actually carry a complete spare Johnson 812 pump with me; I can swap the whole pump out about as fast as replacing the impeller.