PDA

View Full Version : 06 X2 Winterizing tips

jdhart73
09-18-2010, 03:19 AM
I have a 2006 X2 with the MCX 350 Engine. Want to Winterize myself..... I have read many threads and it would seem most people recommend pulling all the plugs and funneling RV Antifreeze in. Does anyone ever let the engine run for 10-15 mins on Fake a Lake and then run pull up Antifreeze through bucket via fake a lake or direct hose to raw water intake?

Just trying to think of the fastest/best way to do this for a boat that will be wrapped and stored outside. I have no idea where the plugs are on my boat, anyone with tips and tricks for the MCX please chime in!!

Thanks!
Jake

cbryan70
09-18-2010, 03:35 AM
i usually just throw a few gallons of antifreeze through the funnel while it is running with buckets at the exaust and repate a few time. main thing is to have the boat warmed up before you do it then throw it down so you know the t-stat opens. once done....change the oil and take the impeller out for winter

bfinley
09-18-2010, 11:28 AM
What about winterizing the ballast and the shower, how is that done?

RMUDBUGS
09-18-2010, 03:40 PM
Winterize??? It's still 100 degrees here.

bfinley
09-19-2010, 09:29 AM
and heater too?

jdhart73
09-19-2010, 12:27 PM
Its in the 90's here also RMUDBUGS, but weather here in Kansas changes FAST and I want to make sure I have all my supplies ready and understand the process so I can get every last moment out of our season!

Thanks!
Jake

TX.X-30 fan
09-19-2010, 12:43 PM
Why use antifreeze if the motor has been drained?? Seems like a waste of antifreeze especially if there are any thirsty cats roaming around....:D

CantRepeat
09-19-2010, 01:26 PM
Why use antifreeze if the motor has been drained?? Seems like a waste of antifreeze especially if there are any thirsty cats roaming around....:D

My only issue with not using anitfreeze and a light bulg on the really cold nights is what happen one year that all did was drain everything.

Pulled both block plugs, manifold plugs and crank the boat over a few times and I still push out a freeze plug. The way the motor sits in the boat it is angled down to the prop shaft. I believe this let enough water stay in the rear of the motor and it froze enough to push out that freeze plug.