PDA

View Full Version : private lakes in CO

zhensley
09-18-2010, 12:16 AM
hello, I am desperately looking for a private water ski lake in colorado. I know there is some good lakes out there with a slalom course. Would love to find a lake close to Denver or something within a couple hours that has good camping.

Been skiing at Sloan's for 4 or 5 years now, and the rollers, and small window to ski is starting to wear on me. The price is right, but lets be honest it isn't that cheap for the two or three good outings I get in a year. I checked out Lake Madison, but it was just too far and the camping was not very good. Not quite ready to buy a new Malibu from Tommy just yet to get on one of his lakes.

Please let me know if you know of any lakes or could give me an idea on how to find some.

Thanks so much for any help!!!

Zach

jvbaca
09-18-2010, 12:12 PM
If you're looking to join some lakes, try the wellington lakes up by fort collins....I hear they're real nice and not overcrowded....

mcmx2
09-18-2010, 10:32 PM
The wife and I lived in Westminister in 1993-94. We skied on a little private lake directly west of Longmont about 3 miles. 15-20 acre private site with a slalom course. Great people and we were able to get up there every day after work. I do not remember the name of the contact there but anyone who is from Longmont should be able to direct you to the lake. Good luck.

zhensley
09-21-2010, 10:32 AM
Thanks for the info. Maybe Burch Lake. McCall lake? Must admit I am just google mapping it west of Longmont, but thought I would throw it out there to see if it rings a bell.

jvbaca, you don't happen to have any contact information for those lakes do you?

Thanks,
Zach

cdstukey
09-21-2010, 02:48 PM
mcmx2 might be refering to Clover Basin res on Nelson road, just west of longmont.

MileHiFooter
09-21-2010, 05:36 PM
Yep. it is definitely Clover Basin. Right around the corner from where I work. Very, very tough to get on and no camping. My buddy went and knocked on some doors around the lake a while back, and ended up with a phone number, called the number, and was told that there were no openings, or anticpated openings for the forseeable future. Couldn't even get on a waiting list. I've had my eye on that lake for years.

You're looking at Greeley north for 90% of the private water in Colorado. Dozens of private lakes. Keep an eye on Craigslist and type in either "private" or membership" in the search area of the Boats section. There is a few on their now with openings and listings should pick up substantially in the late winter/spring.

There are a few in Brighton. I used to belong to a barefoot lake there, but its been winding down for the last few years as the owners are using it more, there is one off of C-470 but you have to buy a Tige to get on, and there is one called Cottonwood off of 85 just north of Brighton. You can probabaly google it for more info.

I did hear of some new lakes opening up just east of I-25 in Longmont that I'm checking out.

I'm on a lake up in Greeley, but no slalom course though we may have an opening. PM me if you want more info. $3000/yr which seems to be the going rate in Colorado.