PDA

View Full Version : LTR Drain Plug Locations

G-Star
09-17-2010, 04:24 PM
Hey guys,

Another question for my upcoming winterization... :cool:

I've got the 5.7L LTR, and I'm looking through the manual and threads on here about winterization steps, etc. Everywhere I see talks about removing drain plugs from each side of the block, and the back of the exhaust manifolds.

I just took a quick peek around my exhaust manifolds, and I don't see anything that looks like a drain plug. Do the LTR engines have drain plugs on the exhaust manifolds?

Also, I can only see 1 drain plug per side on the block (with 1 side being the knock sensor). Is there only 1 plug per side on the block?

Thanks again for the help!

russlars
09-17-2010, 10:24 PM
If it is like my LTR there is a drain plug on the port side and the knock sensor on the starboard side to drain the block. The manifolds can be drained from a rubber hose with a connector in the middle that runs between the two manifolds. Just make sure that you don't forget to drain your shower and heater if you have those also.

G-Star
09-18-2010, 11:52 AM
Great, thanks!

Is the exhaust manifold drain hose that you use at the front or back of the exhaust manifolds?

Thanks again for the help.

skierdan
09-18-2010, 12:21 PM
it should be at the back. an easy disconnect hose, looks like a garden hose. just pull it apart and point them down.

G-Star
09-18-2010, 12:25 PM
Awesome. Thanks guys.