PDA

View Full Version : Any tool truck franchisee's here?

ncsone
09-14-2010, 04:56 PM
Just curious to see if anyone on here is a tool truck franchisee (Snap-On, Mac, Matco, etc.) or know someone who is?

Looking for feedback about how well it has worked out, challenges, etc. Basically, the usual info.

Fire away!

-NCS

Jerseydave
09-14-2010, 07:03 PM
I was a MAC tool distributor for 13 years, but gave it up just before the economy (and car business) went downhill. I was in the top 100 for most of those years, #12 in the country once (pretty proud of that!)

Send me a PM and I'll answer any questions you may have.

-Dave

ncsone
09-15-2010, 08:27 AM
Thanks NJSkier - will PM you shortly.

H20BOY
09-15-2010, 07:45 PM
In this line of work you are not a salesman. You are a credit manager/repo man. I had a close friend who did this for several years. He got out not because he disliked the job, he disliked constantly hounding people for money.

ncsone
09-15-2010, 07:57 PM
In this line of work you are not a salesman. You are a credit manager/repo man. I had a close friend who did this for several years. He got out not because he disliked the job, he disliked constantly hounding people for money.

Interesting perspective and probably not that far from the truth. Thanks for the info.

Footin
09-15-2010, 08:13 PM

Then you are the bad guy for wanting the monies owed to you.

Jerseydave
09-15-2010, 08:43 PM
Then you are the bad guy for wanting the monies owed to you.

Sometimes that's true, and sometimes they hand you money before you even say hello. :D
(and sometimes they go on a 1/2 hour road test)