PDA

View Full Version : Spots on Vinyl

redrobster78
09-09-2010, 06:19 PM
Hey guys and gals,

I bought a "demo" boat last year, its a 2007 and there are some light and dark brown spots where the seats come together. I've triedthe Mastercraft vinyl cleaner but with no luck. I was wondering if anyone could recommend anything?

Sorry I don't have pictures yet.

03geetee
09-09-2010, 06:28 PM
Either mold or mildew where water sticks and doesnt get enough heat to evaporate, try a mildew remover in a small area, do not wet first unless the directions say to do it. Let it soak in and kill all the **** then hose and wipe off.

Hope it works for you.

JTR

east tx skier
09-09-2010, 07:43 PM
Leave it out in the sun for several hours. Watch it disappear

russlars
09-09-2010, 08:21 PM
Magic Eraser works great for stuff that the normal cleaners won't touch.

Sodar
09-09-2010, 08:38 PM
My guess is that they are berry/seed stains from stuff falling from the trees, getting wet and staining. I have a few spots from an old tree we used to have over our dock. I have tried everything under and including the sun. So far.... nothing. :(

1985 Skiier
09-09-2010, 09:49 PM
I am going to try that magic eraser trick now, let you know how it works....

east tx skier
09-09-2010, 11:12 PM
I am going to try that magic eraser trick now, let you know how it works....

It will remove a protective layer from your vinyl. Be careful.

FoggyNogginz
09-12-2010, 06:04 PM
Leave it out in the sun for several hours. Watch it disappear

I believe this is an effect of the beer too?? :rolleyes:

FoggyNogginz
09-12-2010, 06:15 PM
Actually, if these spots are where the seats go together, they are very likely mold/mildew. I have white vinyl in my boat and I get this a lot myself after the boat has been stored without being properly dried. This type of thing is very comon between the seats.

The very best thing that I have found for removing this is called Mean Green Mildew Remover (http://www.amazon.com/Brands-Inc-Mildew-Destroyer-Cleaner/dp/B0014CQNQI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=hpc&qid=1284329329&sr=8-1), and although it was recommended to me by my upholstery shop, you should be aware that this cleaner contains bleach and you should always wash & rinse carefully after using to prevent thread rot.

P.S. I am not sure where you live, but if you are in the southeast US, then Dollar General carries this cleaner in their stores.

Good luck!