PDA

View Full Version : Priorities

bcampbe7
07-07-2005, 10:17 PM
Going on vacation to Table Rock Lake tomorrow and was packing the car. I'll need to find a place for the clothes but I least I have the important stuff ready to go!

Mag_Red
07-07-2005, 10:20 PM
:confused: Why don't you load that stuff in the boat???? Or is that one of your pet peeves?? :D

BriEOD
07-07-2005, 10:27 PM
Golf Clubs!?!? Yeah put that stuff in the boat man.

bcampbe7
07-07-2005, 10:28 PM
Boats not going... She's staying home this trip. My grandparents have an open bow Four Winns and a Pontoon. The Four Winns doesn't ski worth a dang but throws a nice wake for boarding.

BriEOD
07-07-2005, 10:30 PM
Dude what's up with that!! You're not taking the boat? Man!! :noface: Dude, that's just wrong you're gonna hit the slalom course behind the pontoon.

stevo137
07-07-2005, 10:35 PM
Golf Clubs!?!? Yeah put that stuff in the boat man.golf\\
Golf clubs in the boat???
No way,those babies deserve better than that!
Someone could easily steal them out of an uncovered boat.
If you don't use "garage sale" clubs, a good set can easily run 1-2k these days.

bcampbe7
07-07-2005, 10:37 PM
Dude what's up with that!! You're not taking the boat? Man!! :noface: Dude, that's just wrong you're gonna hit the slalom course behind the pontoon.

No, no skiing behind the pontoon... :)

I may have mentioned this before but I am a wuss when it comes to towing the boat. No long distance towing for this guy! :o
I have seen one too many boats unside down on the side of the interstate to tow mine anywhere other than the 6 miles to the ramp.

bcampbe7
07-07-2005, 10:38 PM
Golf clubs in the boat???
No way,those babies deserve better than that!
Someone could easily steal them out of an uncovered boat.
If you don't use "garage sale" clubs, a good set can easily run 1-2k these days.

Yeah buddy!
If I had a seatbelt for my clubs they would be strapped in. :D

BriEOD
07-07-2005, 10:40 PM
I'm not real high on golf right now. I live off the 9th tee, left side about 100 yds up. About a month ago some old fart hooked a ball through my kitchen window. I chased him down and he refused to pay for the window. He told me that's what my home owners was for (right $500 deductible for a $200 window). I told him I was gonna go hit a golf ball through his car windshield and that's what his car insurance was for...So, I got stuck with the bill. The window is an odd size (tall and thin) so a 7 day special order. Plus the flange was bricked over so I had to pull the trim out on the inside and use a chisel to bust off the flange and pull the window into the house. What a frickin pain cuz some old geezer can't hit the dam ball straight. I've got buckets of balls in my garage. Did I mention I hate golf...

bcampbe7
07-07-2005, 10:47 PM
Yeah, that does suck Brian. I would pay for the window if I did that. I have never had that happened though (knock on wood).
Put those balls in egg cartons and let your daughter sell them out of your back yard. She could make a killing! Sell them for around $10-$12 dozen, more if you have some ProV1's. Scratch that, any ProV1's you can send my way. :D

I'm not real high on golf right now. I live off the 9th tee, left side about 100 yds up. About a month ago some old fart hooked a ball through my kitchen window. I chased him down and he refused to pay for the window. He told me that's what my home owners was for (right $500 deductible for a $200 window). I told him I was gonna go hit a golf ball through his car windshield and that's what his car insurance was for...So, I got stuck with the bill. The window is an odd size (tall and thin) so a 7 day special order. Plus the flange was bricked over so I had to pull the trim out on the inside and use a chisel to bust off the flange and pull the window into the house. What a frickin pain cuz some old geezer can't hit the dam ball straight. I've got buckets of balls in my garage. Did I mention I hate golf...

BriEOD
07-07-2005, 10:53 PM
ProV1's that's what their called? I'll look and see if I have any. Your welcome to them. We give em' away.

bcampbe7
07-07-2005, 10:57 PM
ProV1's that's what their called? I'll look and see if I have any. Your welcome to them. We give em' away.

Titleist ProV1...
Those suckers are $50/dozen at most courses.

BriEOD
07-07-2005, 10:58 PM
I'll check it out for you tomorrow.

stevo137
07-07-2005, 11:09 PM
Brian,
Sorry to hear about your window. Unfortunately we have idiots on the golf course just like we have them on the lake.
It was his responsibility to repair your window.
Beau, I also play the ProV. Fortunately I get a great deal on them. I can get pre hit ProV's for $8 a dozen and they are in great shape.
I would love to play the Bear Chase with you sometime!

bcampbe7
07-07-2005, 11:13 PM
I'll check it out for you tomorrow.

Sweet! :toast: :dance: :worthy:

bcampbe7
07-07-2005, 11:16 PM
I would love to play the Bear Chase with you sometime!

Likewise!
Let me know when you get back this way.

stevo137
07-07-2005, 11:23 PM
Likewise!
Let me know when you get back this way.
Will do. It will definately need to be next season. (9 hour drive).
Wouldn't mind a few sets on Tim's Ford too! ;)
We drove through again at the end of Feb on the way back home from Florida but it was very late and we had a long trip.

parks_jr_55
07-08-2005, 12:19 AM
Heck I'd be in for free ProV1's but I already get them for free too as my aunt and uncle live on a golf course. He has 4-50 gallon buckets full of balls. There are no ProV1's in those bucketes because I have them all in my bag :)

What kind of Pings are those. I used to hit Ping Zing 2's but now go with Taylor Made Driver, woods, irons and an oddsey putter.

Im no Tiger Woods by any means.

Tennesseeski
07-08-2005, 04:48 AM
Leave the clubs at home and load the clothes. I hate golf myself. Riding behind another boat will make you remember why you love your mastercraft :love: Have a good trip man!!

jraben8
07-08-2005, 09:43 AM
All Titleist for me (granted, they are 7-8 years old) but the new Maxfli tour ball is very nice. I can only finance one of my hobbies a year and with a 5 and 3 year old, golf is out and the boat got upgraded. I'm sure that it will be this way for sometime to come.

Granite_33
07-08-2005, 11:53 AM
All Titleist for me (granted, they are 7-8 years old) but the new Maxfli tour ball is very nice. I can only finance one of my hobbies a year and with a 5 and 3 year old, golf is out and the boat got upgraded. I'm sure that it will be this way for sometime to come.

Those Dam family priorities!! :D
Golf out? Boat Upgraded? You sound like me. Over the coming years my family will get much more satisfaction with our boat than I ever will creating beaver pelts out of formerly pristine grass.

bcampbe7
07-08-2005, 12:02 PM
Heck I'd be in for free ProV1's but I already get them for free too as my aunt and uncle live on a golf course. He has 4-50 gallon buckets full of balls. There are no ProV1's in those bucketes because I have them all in my bag :)

What kind of Pings are those. I used to hit Ping Zing 2's but now go with Taylor Made Driver, woods, irons and an oddsey putter.

Im no Tiger Woods by any means.

They are the Ping G2's. Went from the original Ping Zing's to these. I got them last Summer and love them. I am hitting a few year old Ping TiSi driver. It still hits like new so no reason to replace it yet. I also have my long driving driver. It is a SMT 455 Deep Bore with a 50" Penley ETA XXX stiff shaft. I don't hit it too much anymore. Mainly hit it when friends and realatives want me to.

stevo137
07-08-2005, 12:16 PM
I use Cleveland TA7 Tour irons with rifle 5.5 shafts, Titleist 975 j-vs 8.5 degree driver with True Temper BiMetal shaft (love that shaft). Cleveland and Hogan wedges, Titleist 990 1 iron, Taylor 3 wood, and an old Ping Pal putter.
Looks like we need a golf thread! ;)

maristarman
07-08-2005, 12:16 PM
I'm not real high on golf right now. I live off the 9th tee, left side about 100 yds up. About a month ago some old fart hooked a ball through my kitchen window.....Did I mention I hate golf...

Have you thought about screens. These guys make fully retractable ones..

http://www.screen-time.com/screens/window_screens.html

You could leave them retracted if you were entertaining, or wanted to enjoy the view in the evening, but could have them down during heavy golfing times.

jraben8
07-08-2005, 12:17 PM
Those Dam family priorities!! :D
Golf out? Boat Upgraded? You sound like me. Over the coming years my family will get much more satisfaction with our boat than I ever will creating beaver pelts out of formerly pristine grass.

I'd rather be on the water than anywhere else so this wasn't a tough decision by any means. The fact that my family loves it equally as much makes the time that much sweeter.

stevo137
07-08-2005, 12:20 PM
I'd rather be on the water than anywhere else so this wasn't a tough decision by any means. The fact that my family loves it equally as much makes the time that much sweeter.
I agree, sometimes it's tough to find balance. I usually play early on Saturdays and with customers during the week. It makes it easier when it's part of your job! ;)

Granite_33
07-08-2005, 12:22 PM

Amen. Not a hard sell for me either.

parks_jr_55
07-08-2005, 12:53 PM
I use Cleveland TA7 Tour irons with rifle 5.5 shafts, Titleist 975 j-vs 8.5 degree driver with True Temper BiMetal shaft (love that shaft). Cleveland and Hogan wedges, Titleist 990 1 iron, Taylor 3 wood, and an old Ping Pal putter.
Looks like we need a golf thread! ;)

I love those irons.
A friend has those and i've hit em a couple of times.

What are some of the good/famous courses you play(ed)?

SteveO
07-08-2005, 03:05 PM
Since I bought the boat I have had very little desire to golf and find myself golfing less each year. Don't get me worng, it is still fun, but I would rather spend the time on the water. Golf is something I can still do with my dad and other non-watersports individuals, so it is good for those times.

stevo137
07-08-2005, 06:10 PM
I love those irons.
A friend has those and i've hit em a couple of times.

What are some of the good/famous courses you play(ed)?
I have played different courses in the Chicago area. The most famous being Olympia Fields.
Outing at Ruffled Feathers last week which is down the street from Cog Hill and I am missing my 9 iron. :confused:

lakes Rick
07-08-2005, 07:46 PM
Steve, The glass should have been removable without taking out the frame..MOST windows this way, of course those EASTERN companies do things different sometimes... Wish I lived closer, I might have been able to help....