PDA

View Full Version : San Antonio area

Bert
09-08-2010, 01:18 AM
What's around there? Going to be there for a week. Any lakes in the area with MC owners?

BTV
09-08-2010, 09:10 AM
I don't live there, but visit in-laws a couple times a year. Texas Ski Ranch Mastercraft in New Braunfels (45 minutes north) is always on my list of things to do. Nice people and a cable park.

east tx skier
09-08-2010, 10:24 AM
Canyon, McQueeny, and Dunlap near New Braunfels are options.

TX.X-30 fan
09-08-2010, 01:35 PM
Canyon, McQueeny, and Dunlap near New Braunfels are options.

Not sure what New Braunfels got but we are over 10" now so I'd say no on McQueeny and Dunlap for sure.

When are you coming?

east tx skier
09-08-2010, 02:27 PM
Not sure what New Braunfels got but we are over 10" now so I'd say no on McQueeny and Dunlap for sure.

When are you coming?

Was at LBJ this past weekend. We were going to try to get up to the Pedernales on Friday morning, in which case, I was going to drop you a line. Unfortunately, the weather on Friday stunk and we stayed close to home. We didn't get too much rain all weekend other than Friday morning.

TX.X-30 fan
09-08-2010, 02:52 PM
Was at LBJ this past weekend. We were going to try to get up to the Pedernales on Friday morning, in which case, I was going to drop you a line. Unfortunately, the weather on Friday stunk and we stayed close to home. We didn't get too much rain all weekend other than Friday morning.

Weather was pretty good and we missed the news all weekend and watched amazed at the 100% rain from the storm coming Tuesday. The early school start has taken its toll on Labor day for sure, Travis was fairly dead. Was LBJ busy, with so many lakefront homes and the size I'm guessing pretty busy.

east tx skier
09-08-2010, 03:50 PM
Very busy. One thing we noticed, however, was that there are an unusually large number of houses along the Llano arm for sale. Estimate 20 or so. Our relative's neighbors have theirs listed for $850K. Ridiculous price, even for the double lot that it's on.

Bert
09-08-2010, 07:08 PM
I don't live there, but visit in-laws a couple times a year. Texas Ski Ranch Mastercraft in New Braunfels (45 minutes north) is always on my list of things to do. Nice people and a cable park.

Thanks I will check that out. Assume they have a proshop and MC accessories for sale?

TX.X-30 fan
09-08-2010, 08:31 PM
Thanks I will check that out. Assume they have a proshop and MC accessories for sale?

Very cool place and they used to have a great pro shop

TX.X-30 fan
09-08-2010, 08:32 PM
Very busy. One thing we noticed, however, was that there are an unusually large number of houses along the Llano arm for sale. Estimate 20 or so. Our relative's neighbors have theirs listed for $850K. Ridiculous price, even for the double lot that it's on.

We are going to sunrise beach this weekend to stay with friends that paid a bit more................ Crazy prices. :eek:

Yellow X9
09-08-2010, 08:59 PM

I'd go float the river in New Braunfels

east tx skier
09-08-2010, 10:42 PM
We are going to sunrise beach this weekend to stay with friends that paid a bit more................ Crazy prices. :eek:

These people aren't the shrewdest types of folks I have encountered. The place is probably worth $650K, but I can't imagine paying that much for a second home.

east tx skier
09-08-2010, 10:43 PM
I'd go float the river in New Braunfels

Shower a lot afterward. There was a ludicrous number of resistant staph infections last year. They tested the water and the levels of MRSA were extremely high. My relatives that live there won't go near it any more.

pmkkdx
09-29-2010, 02:17 PM
very little, if anything, including waterfront lots available for a decent price on LBJ. I have watched for the last 10 years in hopes of finding something affordable, even cinder block 800 sq ft that was water front to no avail. good deals are snapped up quickly when they seldomly pop up. occasionally a house will pop up not open water, back side on man-made coves mostly starting at $300K on up that would require considerable work on both house & dock...

found one beginning of last summer that was less than 1000 sq ft cinder block flat roof house gutted, car port, recent septic, rickety old fishing pier but was on Colorado arm open water that was for sale by owner for $550K...

deals are VERY hard to find out there!

OldGlory
09-29-2010, 03:58 PM
I know someone that lives (in-land Surise Beach) a block off the water and might be selling in the near future...not sure on $$$ though...built by owner

2 Lots, 2500 Sq Ft, 4 BR, 3.5 Bath, 1000 Sq Ft Shop...Nice Place!

mah2496
09-29-2010, 04:23 PM
Medina Lake, 20min west of San Antonio. Was there last weekend and had to be one of nicest lakes I've been on thus far.