PDA

View Full Version : prop problems 2003 x2

cpf17889
09-05-2010, 02:42 PM
does anyone know if my 2003 x2 should have left or right propeller. thanks

jason@wakemakers.com
09-06-2010, 12:57 PM
It should have a left hand rotation propeller, but some 2003 model year v-drive Mastercraft's were produced with right hand rotation transmission/v-drive combinations. As far as we know Mastercraft updated all of those boats to switch them over to left hand rotation, but it's always possible that one or two didn't get updated.

The best way to tell for sure is to look at your current prop. Oh aft end of the hub, where the blades attach, will be stamped LH or RH (along with the manufacturer of the prop, basic specs and model number). If you're looking to upgrade you'll want to know that information anyway so that you get the best setup for your application.

vision
09-06-2010, 02:09 PM
which way does your boat "walk" when you put it in reverse? Checking the prop is the best way to tell, but most right hand props walk the boat to the starboard side in reverse, and most left hand props walk the boat to the port side.

bturner2
09-07-2010, 08:03 AM
I bought an 03 X2 three years ago that was still set up in a RH rotation configuration. Found out the hard way when I changed the prop and the boat tried to jump in the back of the truck when we tried to launch it. I still have the old prop if you need one.

Changing one to LH rotation is really pretty easy. All you need to do is change the shift cable to the other side of the control horn on the shifter. I can go into much more detail if you need to switch yours over.

cpf17889
09-07-2010, 01:44 PM
thanks for the help. I think I will put the repaired one back on. If they dont take back the left handed on it might be for sale!Is the one you have right or left?