PDA

View Full Version : How can I fix this one?

Splash
09-04-2010, 04:51 PM
This morning I broke the "pull clamp" on my rack. I can't belive how easy it came off. I pulled it so softly!

Any ideas how to fix it? How do you call it?

http://a.imageshack.us/img16/671/04092010221.jpg

http://a.imageshack.us/img839/1499/04092010222.jpg

:(

snork
09-04-2010, 10:31 PM
any threads left on the small shaft coming from the T that in you hand?

TX.X-30 fan
09-04-2010, 10:37 PM
Heat it a little and pull the broken part out of the rack and get a new handle??

vision
09-04-2010, 11:09 PM
Mine broke after one month. Was under warranty so they sent me a new one. You can take apart the coupler and try epoxy the end piece back on.

Splash
09-06-2010, 05:57 AM
any threads left on the small shaft coming from the T that in you hand?
The shaft in the T-handle is broken and clean, no threads, just a clean cut. Why do you ask, for what reason? Would any threads be helpfull? Thanx!

Heat it a little and pull the broken part out of the rack and get a new handle??
Thanks, but why do you suggest me to heat it? What should I heat exactly? The broken shaft inside the coupler? What for? Maybe to expand the spring that's in it? How can I pull the broken part out? Taking the coupler apart? Sorry for my ignorance.

Mine broke after one month. Was under warranty so they sent me a new one. You can take apart the coupler and try epoxy the end piece back on.

What did they send you exactly? The hole coupler, or just the T-Handle?
Was it difficult to take the coupler apart? Will any pieces fall in to the water? I think I'll do it, the next time I get the boat out of the water.

Million thanks guys!

jvbaca
09-07-2010, 01:19 AM
If you can't fix it call Gere-Marie corporation and speak with John (I believe they also run Mastercraft by Design). The part is about $45.00......I know I just replaced mine this summer.....Let me know if you need the telephone number. I can look it up in the morning.

Splash
09-07-2010, 03:27 AM
Thank you jvbaca. I will start with my local dealer over here in Spain (EU) first. If I have problems, I'll let you know.