PDA

View Full Version : Swimsuit Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57

atlfootr
04-01-2006, 03:59 PM
I't not trying to keep it going, just thought I would recap what was already posted. So you don't have to go through 171 pages to look at them all.Good man Parks, way to go! :D

DanC
04-03-2006, 12:07 PM
DanC- Who are you blaming for the loss of focus? I hope not MC because they are so invisible it's amazing. The SS content issue was discussed in great length not long after it was started and most people agreed that MC has the right to say what they want on their site. Some didn't but they obviously didn't get the point.

I guess I wasn't very clear with my last two sentences. I agree, it is the posters here that have lost focus on what this site is, have diluted it's utilitarian value (those of us with dial-up get tired of going through pages of "comments" to find real information) and have turned it into a chat room. As Doug mentioned, ever tried the search function here? A good example is the General Discussion forum. Half the posts are not even about boating.

My last sentence was supposed to be the same as your point Jim, MC is paying the tab for this site and some people need to buy a clue.

stevo137
04-03-2006, 12:45 PM
Agree that the forum can get off topic and some of the threads and posts have been somewhat useless but that is the reason for the off topic section. If someone posts in the wrong section, a moderator should move the thread or post. Newbies just might not know or someone just makes an honest mistake.
Anyway, if someone needs info regarding anything to do with MC's, they will never lack getting many good opinions here, that is for sure.
Yes, it has gotten out of control and is back on track now. It must have been a tough off season or something.
As far as the "chatroom" goes, I have said before that a chatroom might be a good idea. What's wrong with having some fun and getting to know fellow MC owners? If we didn't goof around on the "Mania" thread, many of us would not have gotten together last year for a great MC outing.
I believe that the Admin had plans for a chatroom but haven't heard anything since this post by Phil.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New Team Talk Administrator

Hello, my name is Phil Walker and I want to formally introduce myself to everyone as the new Team Talk adminstrator (TTAdmin). While in this new role, I will continue the tradition of providing excellent service and support to keep this site exciting, engaging, informative, as well as fun for everyone.
Going forward, I have some great plans for Team Talk that include: creating a chat room for members and scheduling some "live" chat sessions with our senior management and athletes, increase traffic by positioning a link to this site directly on our re-designed MasterCraft.com website (that will be launched just before the Christmas holiday), advertising with our premier business partners, as well as initiating special offers and contests. As frequent visitors to this site, you may also have some good ideas and I encourage frequent feedback advising what you would like to see and do on this phenomenal site. Afterall, Team Talk is the online community for you, the MasterCraft owner and enthusiast.

Thanks for allowing me to serve you-

Phil

Isn't this MC thing all about having fun and enjoying quality time with family and friends?
We just need to keep it clean and I believe that for the most part, the forum has had a good blend of discussions that promote and encourage the "MC" experience.

M-Funf
04-03-2006, 12:52 PM
80 x 72 coming up.........

first come first serve

Dammit MM, I spent the better part of Saturday tryin' to get that gif smaller so'z I could use it as an avatar...

How'd ya do that?????? :confused: :worthy:

edit: thanks for the sweeeeeet avatar :woohoo:

Upper Michigan Prostar190
04-03-2006, 01:19 PM
I do agree Stevo about us getting to know each other. Sure its a great source of information about MC boats, but its also a great community of skiers, wakeboarders, footers, Foilers, etc.... and its fun to discuss, and learn about these types of things too. Its also fun to discuss non-watersports, or MC issues too. I have talked guitars with several members here. Eastie is a guitar geek just like me. I know several guys love to talk Dirt bikes, several discuss snowmobiles, classic cars, etc... The point being is there are a darn good collection of people here, its a good community of good people. You can get help on anything from doing a tune up on a 70's Stars and stripes all the way to help with a DVD player, cell phone, or car. there is a wealth of knowledge here and good people to share it. I dont see anything wrong in becoming friends and sharing our lives and expereinces as long as its done in a good clean honest fashion. Every internet board I have been a part of gets dry after a while if you stick to technical jargon. You can only read so many threads about changing oil, waxing your boat, changing propellers, and installing new skins before you get bored. If people got bored with the site, there wouldnt be much activity here and it wouldnt be as great of a place. I suggest people that want to talk or chat do so in the "Off topic" area. thats where I start my threads. I find most everything here entertaining and/or interesting. I hope it stays the way it is. I have made some good freinds here so far. I plan to meet several of them in person this year to ski with. I have had several offers to go south and ski with a few members in warmer climates than me. Someday I plan to do that in the future too. I really value the community here. I like it the way it is, But thats just my opinion.

bigmac
04-03-2006, 01:38 PM
Agree that the forum can get off topic and some of the threads and posts have been somewhat useless but that is the reason for the off topic section. If someone posts in the wrong section, a moderator should move the thread or post. Newbies just might not know or someone just makes an honest mistake.
Anyway, if someone needs info regarding anything to do with MC's, they will never lack getting many good opinions here, that is for sure.
Yes, it has gotten out of control and is back on track now. It must have been a tough off season or something.
As far as the "chatroom" goes, I have said before that a chatroom might be a good idea. What's wrong with having some fun and getting to know fellow MC owners? If we didn't goof around on the "Mania" thread, many of us would not have gotten together last year for a great MC outing.
I believe that the Admin had plans for a chatroom but haven't heard anything since this post by Phil.
There's a mod for vBulletin called "Shoutbox". It runs a live chat window at the top of TeamTalk index page. Very cool, for those who like to chat in real time. Easy to install, cheap, doesn't impair functionality of the rest of the site. Google "shoutbox vbulletin"

twieder
04-03-2006, 01:39 PM
I agree with some of what most of you have to say about this issue.
First off, yes this is MC's site and we are guests here and thus must live by their rules, like it or not.
Second, I hope the swim suit pic idea does not die! Just make a rule about posting 'offensive' pics! Yes I realize it's already a rule, but instead of shutting down the site, kick offenders off! Maybe a month for a first offense and permantly if it happens again! Moderators, isn't that whay you're here for?(among others)
If everyone would agree to post only pics of family and friends, ones that you took,I'm pretty sure we would stay within the guidelines of the addmin! I'm pretty sure no one wants pics of their spouses in compromising situations on the net.
I know I love the bs sessions with the rest of ya. It's alota fun on cold winter nites.Oh and the info is helpfull too! Let's not ruin it, and I guess if we can't play by the rules,well maybe the swim suit thread will die.

Diesel
04-03-2006, 01:58 PM
What a crock :rolleyes:

What's next on the list of inappropriate postings. We already cannot post pics or specs of competing brands, specific complaints about our own boat or dealer, now no pics of our spouses and friends. :rolleyes:

Let's just turn this place into one big happy, PC, feel good, pat each other on the back, and reiterate time and time again how wonderful MC the boat company really is. I better get my tin-foil hat out to prevent the apparent brain washing happening here................ :(

it appears someones arrogance knows no bounds :rolleyes:

bigmac
04-03-2006, 02:03 PM
What a crock :rolleyes:

What's next on the list of inappropriate postings. We already cannot post pics or specs of competing brands, specific complaints about our own boat or dealer, now no pics of our spouses and friends. :rolleyes:

Let's just turn this place into one big happy, PC, feel good, pat each other on the back, and reiterate time and time again how wonderful MC the boat company really is. I better get my tin-foil hat out to prevent the apparent brain washing happening here................ :(

it appears someones arrogance knows no bounds :rolleyes:I don't know about arrogance, but we all have the choice of whether to come here to their site or not, and if the negatives outweigh the positives, I'm sure they'll understand if we leave. In the meantime, if you want to start a MasterCraft-dedicated boating discussion forum, I'll join it...

ski_king
04-03-2006, 02:08 PM
I understand and support what TMC has done.

I, as most of us here, enjoyed the swimsuit thread. It did get a little out of hand from time to time, I am sure a friendly reminder would have starightened that out. I recall seeing someone called out that the photo the posted was inappropiate and he withdrew the photo.

Now as far as the other thread went, it did go to far. I stumbled on to it one evening (when my wife was in the room) and almost got my internet privilages revoked.

stevo137
04-03-2006, 02:28 PM
I think it is safe to say this issue has been debated quite enough and I sincerely appreciate everyone trying to understand MC's position on this matter. And while I would not wish for you guys to move to another "private" board, I do want to make clear the rules are set and I have to play by them.

With that said, I encourage us all to move on but in order to do that I would like to receive some input. My proposal is to go ahead and close down this thread and have you guys start a 2006 SS thread that remains within the guidelines and is self governed. Next year about this time, I think we close that down and start the 2007 SS and so on and so on.

What do you think?

-J
TMC has already indicated that he would like to continue and put it all behind us.
I don't think that it will get out of control again.
Let's just do it.
Again, I would really like a to see a good MC brochure pic with a few nice swimsuits in it to start the thread...

bigmac
04-03-2006, 02:42 PM
I understand and support what TMC has done.

I, as most of us here, enjoyed the swimsuit thread. It did get a little out of hand from time to time, I am sure a friendly reminder would have starightened that out.

There was more than one friendly reminder from TMC about appropriate posting in the swimsuit thread.

east tx skier
04-03-2006, 03:26 PM
To echo what BigMac posted, there were lots of friendly reminders. Some chose to ignore them. For the record, Farmer is accepting emails.

The way I recall (and it's been a while) TMC's message, another thread would be permitted. But I could have misread it in light of his subsequent post.

Given my new responsibilities, I'm going to have to watch it with upholding the rules in mind. Please bear in mind that I've taken on these new responsibilities with no expectation of compensation. I'm doing it because I care about this place. If the rules aren't followed, or if anyone insisists on testing the boundaries, don't be surprised if a post disappears without warning. I've already had to make one request for an edit concerning something inappropriate that someone posted. Given that the future of the site may be at stake, I may not be able to afford the courtesy of letting the posting party edit the post when it comes to swimsuit pictures that may be inappropriate. Sorry. That's just the way it goes. The site is more important to me than a swimsuit thread, and I hope it is to you guys, too.

I've tried to outline some guidelines about post content in the FAQ. These aren't just echos of the user agreement. I've tried to elaborate as to how it might be interpreted (at least in my view) based on my experience on the site.

stevo137
04-03-2006, 03:57 PM
Doug, perhaps a poll is in order. Take a look back at the first four pages of this thread that shows many of the pics. Where do you cross the line? I would say that there a definitely a few that do.
We did have a lot of fun with it though.

04-03-2006, 03:58 PM
What is Farmer's site?? :confused:

04-03-2006, 04:00 PM
Doug, perhaps a poll is in order. Take a look back at the first four pages of this thread that shows many of the pics. Where do you cross the line? I would say that there a definitely a few that do.
We did have a lot of fun with it though.

A poll?? (in my best Arnold Horseshack voice) Ooo Ooo Mr. Carter Mr. Carter!!!! Do I get to do the poll?? :uglyhamme just kiddin!!! had to do that. ;)

stevo137
04-03-2006, 04:03 PM
A poll?? (in my best Arnold Horseshack voice) Ooo Ooo Mr. Carter Mr. Carter!!!! Do I get to do the poll?? :uglyhamme just kiddin!!! had to do that. ;)
OK UMPy, you can do the poll young man. :)

twieder
04-03-2006, 04:07 PM
Yeh, as UMP is the 'Official Pollster' I agree ,if he wishes to accept this mission, to create a poll to see if a new swimsuit thread is a viable option, with rules mind you.

east tx skier
04-03-2006, 04:18 PM
Farmer's site is www.theswimsuitthread.com

As to what crosses the line, please read the FAQ first. Obviously, as mentioned there, there's a gray area. But I'd say (1) absolutely no pictures that you copied from other websites or otherwise do not own the rights to; (2) no (what did they call it before) undercarriage shots, (3) no girls gone wild, (4) no girl on girl, and (5) no shots where refering to what the person is wearing as a "swimsuit" is a more of a formality than a description. Basically, no fun at all.

I think we will all enjoy it more if we use Farmer's site. He envisions it along the boundaries of the original thread, but probably isn't going to be as strict about it as MC will be with regard to probably everything but the copyright part.

east tx skier
04-03-2006, 04:25 PM
Okay, there are actual swimsuit pictures (user submitted) on Farmer's website now. Click page 2 at the bottom.

Why wouldn't we go that route? There's no downside. It's just a click away.

stevo137
04-03-2006, 04:30 PM
OK, kill this thread already and let's be done with it.
It was fun, it's over, move on.
No big deal to me, there are more important matters anyway, that's for sure.

kalanic
04-03-2006, 04:33 PM
I agree MOVE ON! ITS OVER! http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b111/kalanic/dance.gif

east tx skier
04-03-2006, 04:34 PM
My eyes!!! Haven't thought about that commercial in a while.

east tx skier
04-03-2006, 04:39 PM
OK, kill this thread already and let's be done with it.
It was fun, it's over, move on.
No big deal to me, there are more important matters anyway, that's for sure.

I agree MOVE ON! ITS OVER!

I'm not going to stand in the way of anyone starting a new one. I enjoyed the heck out of the old one. But just know that if it crosses MC's line, I gotta do what I gotta do.

04-03-2006, 05:00 PM
SO use Farmers site instead, cool idea...but....guys......does this mean I dont get to do a poll??? :confused: :( :cry:

Awe shucks.....

(as UMP walks off kicking the dirt)

east tx skier
04-03-2006, 05:09 PM
You guys do whatever you want. Do a poll if you want. Start a new thread if you want. What I said above is just my opinion. Even the interpretation of the broad user agreement is just my take on it. I don't make the rules. And on a good day, I won't have to enforce them either.

04-03-2006, 05:13 PM
Oh, I am just funnin' eastie, I just get all excited when the mention of a poll happens. :D YOu already know my thoughts on the idea of an SS thread, I am not in favor of it here. But I couldnt help but to volunteer my services to conduct a poll :uglyhamme

Diesel
04-03-2006, 05:15 PM
I'll start the new and improved SS thread off with a few of my favorites. Keep it clean or feel the wrath of ETS :)

http://img105.imageshack.us/img105/9136/ms200ss2qs.jpg
http://img485.imageshack.us/img485/1554/280ss3jd.jpg
http://img485.imageshack.us/img485/3816/280ss24tt.jpg

kalanic
04-03-2006, 05:17 PM
A fine choice!

RackAtak
04-03-2006, 05:19 PM
Diesel's done it. Close this thread!

east tx skier
04-03-2006, 05:20 PM
I may have overthunk the idea that having to constantly monitor a thread like this would be a bad thing. Just bear in mind that if I have to edit a post for content, I'm going to replace it with a picture of Erk's hairy back. :)

Among other things, if you didn't take the picture or somehow have permission to use the picture, don't complain if it disappears. Diesel, if I recall, I think TMC posted your lead off shots in a thread long ago.

This thread is off to a tasteful start. I hope it stays that way. :popcorn:

redmike
04-03-2006, 05:25 PM
for the love of god people, pleeeze keep it clean....you are a mean, but effective man ets....

east tx skier
04-03-2006, 05:31 PM
While I technically can lock or close a thread, I'll leave that to TMC in this case as this isn't exactly the extreme situation where I'd want to pull that little trigger.

04-03-2006, 05:34 PM
Im gonna get flamed here, but I think this is a baaaaad idea..... :noface: I mean its like telling a kid NOT to jump in a mud puddle, first time your not watching him, SPLASH!!!!! Someone is gonna mess this up and mess it up for good. Please let it go.

6ballsisall
04-03-2006, 05:38 PM
Im gonna get flamed here, but I think this is a baaaaad idea..... :noface: I mean its like telling a kid NOT to jump in a mud puddle, first time your not watching him, SPLASH!!!!! Someone is gonna mess this up and mess it up for good. Please let it go.

TRU DAT!! :cool:

TMCNo1
04-03-2006, 05:40 PM
NO not again, lets just let this disappear! :confused:

Diesel
04-03-2006, 05:40 PM
While everyone should understand by now that the pics need to be tasteful, clean, and preferably somebody you know...........a few board members and I have our own rule.

DO NOT POST ANY COMMENTS UNLESS THE POST IS ACCOMPNIED BY A TASTEFUL SWIMSUIT PICTURE.

From here on forward let's strive to keep the comments to a minimum and the pictures to a maximum. Comments are not necessary and if you feel you would like to make a comment about a previous post or picture at least add a picture to your post to further the contribution.

Like this pic ......... :)

http://www.tmcowners.com/photopost/data/559/MS200_3.jpg

erkoehler
04-03-2006, 05:43 PM
I may have overthunk the idea that having to constantly monitor a thread like this would be a bad thing. Just bear in mind that if I have to edit a post for content, I'm going to replace it with a picture of Erk's hairy back. :)

Sorry, but I don't have a hairy back :D

milkmania
04-03-2006, 05:47 PM

why do you have a pic of erk's hairy back:confused:

While everyone should understand by now that the pics need to be tasteful, clean, and preferably somebody you know...........a few board members and I have our own rule.

DO NOT POST ANY COMMENTS UNLESS THE POST IS ACCOMPNIED BY A TASTEFUL SWIMSUIT PICTURE.

From here on forward let's strive to keep the comments to a minimum and the pictures to a maximum. Comments are not necessary and if you feel you would like to make a comment about a previous post or picture at least add a picture to your post to further the contribution.

Like this pic ......... :)

Imageshack.jpg

edit:

sorry, didn't see that until I posted.... won't happen again

TMCNo1
04-03-2006, 05:50 PM
Maybe this should be changed to "ERk's Official Hairy Back Thread", how bad could that get! :eek: :eek:

04-03-2006, 05:52 PM
Maybe this should be changed to "ERk's Official Hairy Back Thread", how bad could that get! :eek: :eek:

Only If I get to do a poll about it! ;) Nice use of official there no1 :toast:

Diesel
04-03-2006, 05:55 PM
NO MORE TALKING WITHOUT PIC POSTING :confused:

http://www.tmcowners.com/photopost/data/559/MS200_4.jpg

Diesel
04-03-2006, 05:57 PM
For example:

wow those are some great pic Diesel! Here is my contribution........

http://www.tmcowners.com/photopost/data/559/MS245.jpg

jbfootin
04-03-2006, 05:58 PM
Instead of the hairy back you could use this.

jbfootin
04-03-2006, 05:58 PM
Sorry..that was uncalled for, so here is a good one.

/edited/ Image removed.

Among other things, if you didn't take the picture or somehow have permission to use the picture, don't complain if it disappears. Diesel, if I recall, I think TMC posted your lead off shots in a thread long ago.

Sorry...I didn't think it was a bad shot.

Diesel
04-03-2006, 06:00 PM
or..............

Hey I did not know Erk had a hairy back. Well anywho here is my pic..............

http://www.tmcowners.com/photopost/data/559/X7.jpg

04-03-2006, 06:05 PM
Just a reminder, we have not been given a "go ahead" on this idea by TMC. I dont think its a good idea posting any pictures until they give approval. Seeing this give me the feeling this place is now skating on thin ice..... :(

Ric
04-03-2006, 06:16 PM
or..............

Hey I did not know Erk had a hairy back. Well anywho here is my pic..............

woah, remember who you are toying with here..... [the man]

Diesel
04-03-2006, 06:21 PM
Just a reminder, we have not been given a "go ahead" on this idea by TMC. I dont think its a good idea posting any pictures until they give approval. Seeing this give me the feeling this place is now skating on thin ice..... :(

Where is you pic?? Certainly they will not mind this pic............ ;)

http://www.tmcowners.com/photopost/data/559/xstar3.jpg

RackAtak
04-03-2006, 06:32 PM
Last year at Don Pedro...My wife...I took the picture.

mitch
04-03-2006, 07:08 PM
Hi Doug, a frieking moderator? I leave the board for a while and all he%% breaks loose. You'll make a good one...BTW do you have any pull w/ the proshop, not sure if you knew it, but I'm not a fan of their hat selection ;)

/threadjack over...

erkoehler
04-03-2006, 08:50 PM
FYI...(and I am just trying to help here)...I had a LONG conversation with the "Powers That Be" at MasterCraft yesterday (mostly about Spencer but I was asked about the SS thread) the conversation included Jason and everyone above Jason.

To be blunt MasterCraft Boat Company has lost it sense of humor about the swimsuit threads. I had no idea what was going on in the middle of the night but some of you may have thought you were getting away with something by posting and deleting…I can tell you that it didn’t work it has been seen and documented.

I'm no prude; however, since this board is owned and run by MasterCraft it is a reflection on the company and they are not going to tolerate porn or anything close to it anymore. WE WILL LOOSE THIS FORUM...trust me when I tell you that the order has been given from the top to "shut it down" (meaning the entire site) once already...the next time I doubt it will be able to be stopped.

End of lecture…

I'm with him ^

roddydog
04-03-2006, 08:53 PM

This thread is off to a tasteful start. I hope it stays that way. :popcorn:
I agree..............if you did not take it

DON'T POST IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :huh:

roddydog
04-03-2006, 08:54 PM
TRU DAT!! :cool:
Again I say NO!!

SHOTS WE TOOK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!! :mad:

east tx skier
04-03-2006, 09:11 PM
I agree..............if you did not take it

DON'T POST IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :huh:

I've edited my first post for this very reason today. I tried to PM first, but the person was already offline. Until I hear differently from TMC, swimsuit pictures that look like they were lifted from another website and reposted are going to be removed. Feel free to complain about it to TMC if you disagree and be sure to blame me. Captions on the photo indicating that you did take it will help me to differentiate if you just happen to be a great photographer with a good looking ladey.

Also, given what MYMC said, anything approaching the deep end of the "judgment call pool" as far as content will likewise be removed.

That said, what Diesel posted was originall posted here by TMC, if I remember correctly, to promote the 2006 boats.

Sorry for the lack of picture in this post, Diesel.

rodltg2
04-03-2006, 09:12 PM
ive must have missed somthing while i was busy last week, eastie your in charge now?

André
04-03-2006, 09:15 PM
watch out,Doug is doing his round... ;)

bcampbe7
04-03-2006, 09:16 PM
ive must have missed somthing while i was busy last week, eastie your in charge now?

Doug is the Grand Poohbah!

east tx skier
04-03-2006, 09:17 PM
Thanks, Mitch. Hope so. I wish I could help with the hats, but I got no pull. Sorry.

ski_king
04-03-2006, 09:29 PM
Thanks Diesel for starting the New Tasteful 2006 Swimsuit thread.
And what better way to show what is inline with the new policy than showing some of the brochure photos that TMC posted for us earlier.

Yes usually we want to see photos we took on our boats, but borrowing these photos that TMC posted on another thread gets us going in the right direction.

Here is his quote from post 191 of the Swimsuit Thread-Pictures Only thread:
I think it is safe to say this issue has been debated quite enough and I sincerely appreciate everyone trying to understand MC's position on this matter. And while I would not wish for you guys to move to another "private" board, I do want to make clear the rules are set and I have to play by them.

With that said, I encourage us all to move on but in order to do that I would like to receive some input. My proposal is to go ahead and close down this thread and have you guys start a 2006 SS thread that remains within the guidelines and is self governed. Next year about this time, I think we close that down and start the 2007 SS and so on and so on.

What do you think?

-J

Now for my contribution, also borrowed from the thread, Today is the day... Stay Tuned......
After all what is better than a boat load of babes in a X-2?
http://www.tmcowners.com/photopost/data/559/X2.jpg
answer to above qestion is a boat load of babes in a Prostar or better yet a vintage Stars and Stripes.

I challange everybody who has posted in this thread without a photo to go back and edit their post and add a tasteful photo and make this a photo thread!

I probobly wont be posting again in this thread as it is to be a photos oonly thread and the only photos I have are of my teenage daughters in the boat, and I am not going to have you guys drooling over them.

04-03-2006, 10:32 PM
Excellent poll Erk, Nice job my friend. :) :headbang: I vote we delete the threads and save the board. WE cant afford to loose this place. its far too valuable. swimsuit pics can be had anywhere on the net, all this good information about Mastercrafts cant be found anywhere, it can be found right here. We all need to think about that, and do what it takes to preserve this community and bulletin board. Please people, think about this, erk is right.

bigmac
04-03-2006, 10:33 PM
Personally, I think we all should give the whole issue a chance to die a natural death. The more we thrash it around with post after post, thread after thread, the less likely that is to happen.

Hoosier Bob
04-03-2006, 10:34 PM
I would like to have both but if I had to choose the board would win. I just hope it doesn't become the "bored." :confused:

tex
04-03-2006, 10:35 PM
wow, no offense erk....do we ski the summer or not. Bring back the thread...but only with people you know...and quick getting drunk and posting pics of tits!(i love them, but not on my MC site).

Hoosier Bob
04-03-2006, 10:35 PM
Hey Big Mac! Mobile 1 has a new and improved synthetic! Super Duper and guaranteed for 1 year or 15k!!!!! :woohoo: Sorry TJ!Personally, I think we all should give it a chance to die a natural death. The more we thrash it around with post after post, thread after thread, the less likely that is to happen.

04-03-2006, 10:36 PM
I would like to have both but if I had to choose the board would win. I just hope it doesn't become the "bored." :confused:

its not going to become "bored" with you, No1, lakey, erk, Jr, and me around here!!! :toast: we keep it lively! :D

besides, I am going to keep doing polls, how COULD it get boring!!! ;)

rodltg2
04-03-2006, 10:38 PM
i think you need a third alternative, after all doesnt skiing/ wakeboarding with hotties go great together.
the third alternativ being , lets try the taste full way and if people, cross the bounderies more than 10 times :D then elimante the thread all together.

erkoehler
04-03-2006, 10:39 PM
wow, no offense erk....do we ski the summer or not. Bring back the thread...but only with people you know...and quick getting drunk and posting pics of tits!(i love them, but not on my MC site).

Why not just make your own thread. If you go out for a day at the lake, make a thread for it. There is no need for a specific thread dedicated to SS.

All it takes is one post, which could come from anybody and we would be shut down.

I don't think the risk is worth it!

04-03-2006, 10:40 PM
well rod, the point I have, is I really dont think the rules will be obeyed, someone is going to wreck it, its that simple. its just a matter of time. :(

erkoehler
04-03-2006, 10:41 PM
i think you need a third alternative, after all doesnt skiing/ wakeboarding with hotties go great together.
the third alternativ being , lets try the taste full way and if people, cross the bounderies more than 10 times :D then elimante the thread all together.

If you head out for a day at the lake, post your appropriate pics in a thread specific to your day at the lake, created by YOU. That way, we know where the pics came from, who took them, and who to hold accountable if there is anything inappropriate posted.

TMCNo1
04-03-2006, 10:42 PM
Delete them ALL and my 2 stupid DST time change goof-ups! DEAL or NO DEAL!

ski_king
04-03-2006, 10:43 PM
Too bad we can't have a nice peaceful, tasteful swimsuit thread.

Every time someone posts a picture it is always followed with useless comment only posts.

PapaJoe
04-03-2006, 10:44 PM
Guys----

I am a married guy to a wonderful gal... But really, what's the deal with the swim suit thread??? I believe most of us here on TMC are guys, at least 90%... I also believe we Like/Want/Bought a Mastercraft because they attract hot chicks in thongs???

I am not too proud.... But happy to look these/all pictures.... The best one's are of the parties one the lake that I miss. Because my wife is not a partier, so, thus I miss these fun events... I live vicariously through others... Keep the thread, and post the pictures... If you out there, do not like the thread, do not look at it!!!!

JOE

Farmer Ted

Agreed, it's also posts like this that get privleges revoked

http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=7100

Bet they never counted on the powers that be seeing their bright idea via the cache?

I'll admit I posted pictures that were not in the spirit and intent of what Stevo had in mind when he started the thread, but I don't think I ever crossed the line. Came right up on it? Sure but never crossed it.

I went through every page of the swimsuit thread and saved what I thought were "homegrown" shots, excluding Skeeler's posts there where less than 50 or so that met the criteria.

Skeeler get's a page all to himself, if he gives me the thumbs up.

so get your swimsuit fix at www.theswimsuitthread.com

bigmac
Hey Big Mac! Mobile 1 has a new and improved synthetic! Super Duper and guaranteed for 1 year or 15k!!!!! :woohoo: Sorry TJ!

I know! The tanker truck just pulled into my driveway.... :woohoo:

Hoosier Bob
04-03-2006, 10:45 PM
ERK just has a hard time taking a picture of his boat without a bunch of slimmies in swimsuits! ERK you can have Eastie PhotoSHop them all out for you and you posts will be safe! ;) Delete them ALL and my 2 stupid DST time change goof-ups! DEAL or NO DEAL!

erkoehler
04-03-2006, 10:51 PM
Agreed, it's also posts like this that get privleges revoked

http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=7100

Bet they never counted on the powers that be seeing their bright idea via the cache?

I'll admit I posted pictures that were not in the spirit and intent of what Stevo had in mind when he started the thread, but I don't think I ever crossed the line. Came right up on it? Sure but never crossed it.

I went through every page of the swimsuit thread and saved what I thought were "homegrown" shots, excluding Skeeler's posts there where less than 50 or so that met the criteria.

Skeeler get's a page all to himself, if he gives me the thumbs up.

so get your swimsuit fix at www.theswimsuitthread.com

Farmer, I will also admit that I too posted some material that in retrospect wasn't a good idea. However, it takes a man to admit his mistakes and correct them.

Now that you have created the other site for the pics, those that want to view SS pics can go there and view the photos and have there photos posted.

All it is going to take is a single pic and this place is done.

What don't you guys understand about that? Are a few photos really worth loosing this great resource?

Where will you go when you need to know how to rewire your ignition, where to find seat skins, diagnose a poorly running engine, question why your check engine light is on, or try to meet up with fellow MC owners. Because, if we keep these threads, it won't be long before we lose this resource.

04-03-2006, 10:54 PM
Tru Dat! :)

Maristar210
04-03-2006, 10:55 PM
Keep the website and lose the thread.

Notice I said lose. As in win or lose. Not my dock line is "loose".
I have seen lose spelled loose about 20 times on whether we "loose" the board or not.... :rant: :rant:

erkoehler
04-03-2006, 10:56 PM
Guys, look at the poll, all it takes is one person....a newbie with just a few posts who doesn't care about the site, and we are DONE!

ski_king
04-03-2006, 11:00 PM
I personally don't care if the swimsuit thread gets dumped or not.

But Eric, you comment on Ramjet is a low blow. He has been a member of this site longer than you and his 5 posts have more content and merit than your 7,168 posts.

bigmac
04-03-2006, 11:01 PM

But Eric, you comment on Ramjet is a low blow. He has been a member of this site longer than you and his 45 posts have more content and merit than your 7,168 posts.

I rest my case Erk.

erkoehler
04-03-2006, 11:03 PM

But Eric, you comment on Ramjet is a low blow. He has been a member of this site longer than you and his 45 posts have more content and merit than your 7,168 posts.

He has 5 posts, and dropping a vote like that shows that he doesn't truly care about the site. Nuf' said.

TMCNo1
Guys----

I am a married guy to a wonderful gal... But really, what's the deal with the swim suit thread??? I believe most of us here on TMC are guys, at least 90%... I also believe we Like/Want/Bought a Mastercraft because they attract hot chicks in thongs???

I am not too proud.... But happy to look these/all pictures.... The best one's are of the parties one the lake that I miss. Because my wife is not a partier, so, thus I miss these fun events... I live vicariously through others... Keep the thread, and post the pictures... If you out there, do not like the thread, do not look at it!!!!

JOE

Sorry, but I don't think you grasp what has happened the last few days. We Team Talk members and visitors were not the only ones on here looking and have the ability to pass the threads/pictures up if we choose not to view them. MasterCraft in the process of doing their job of monitering this site saw pictures that were shown for a short period of time then removed, yet they could retrieve them. It did not set well at MC and they, probably with the flip of a coin were about to shut this site down. If you must live vicariously thru others, just ask and I am sure someone will direct you to website where the pictures were from and you can get your fill there!

6ballsisall
Close the thread, save the site. Sounds like a no brainer to me :rolleyes:

ski_king
04-03-2006, 11:04 PM
Sorry I mistyped, 5 posts.

Counting the days until June 8 th. (http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showpost.php?p=169499&postcount=26)

SKI*MC
04-03-2006, 11:08 PM
there are more then enough other websites to fit a mans pleasure, (im not tlaking about the MC website) I say we start off fresh, and keep this clean, and orientated towards the total lifestyle of being towed behind a boat, no matter what it is.

André
04-03-2006, 11:09 PM
He has 5 posts, and dropping a vote like that shows that he doesn't truly care about the site. Nuf' said.
So postcount does mean something? :confused:

André
04-03-2006, 11:11 PM
Sorry I mistyped, 5 posts.

Counting the days until June 8 th. (http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showpost.php?p=169499&postcount=26)
Man you're good! :dance:

erkoehler
04-03-2006, 11:12 PM
So postcount does mean something? :confused:

Yeah, it means that I have spent alot of time on here, and care about what happens on this board. I have formed alot of friendships, met alot of great people, and have gained many opportunities from this board.

I would hate to have that all shut down because someone who drops in signs up and posts some porn pic gets us shut down. What does it take 10 minutes to sign up for this site......just as quickly, it will be gone.

Hoosier Bob
04-03-2006, 11:12 PM
I think the cool thing to recognize here is the fact that we all are very different! The common thread is MasterCraft. Some consider there purchase as a family wholesome respectable selection and others consider it a party, find some babes grab an X-Boat and lets roll! X-Boats are obnoxious, in your face and yes sexy! Jekyl and Hyde is a better description of what is going on here. We have a melding of the old and the new, the norm and the extreme. Just like the "OIL" thread we all had different opinions and all felt very free to voice them. I am an old school family guy that wants to get on that X-Boat and party! Lets just get on with it! The extremes relax and the norms step it up a bit and all will be cool somewhere in the middle! ;)

tommcat
04-03-2006, 11:23 PM
actually as i recall from TMCs post they did approve of it as long as it was within the boundaries and good taste that was clearly spelled out by them......several times now.

i could go back and quote them but i dont feel like it right now

André
04-03-2006, 11:24 PM
Yeah, it means that I have spent alot of time on here, and care about what happens on this board. I have formed alot of friendships, met alot of great people, and have gained many opportunities from this board.

I would hate to have that all shut down because someone who drops in signs up and posts some porn pic gets us shut down. What does it take 10 minutes to sign up for this site......just as quickly, it will be gone.
Weren't you one promoting those 30 sec. pix,staying up late in the night ,posting and deleting pics that shouldn,t have been post?
Why me, for example,who is one of the oldest member SHOULD loose my privileges of seeing stevo137 's wife in a swimsuit in her family boat in a picture takin by her husband because of you erk ,Why should i pay for you?
Bring back the TRUE spirit of the swimsuit thread,there 'll never be an issue and we might see stevo's wife in an 07 brochure.
All in favor say I!

RackAtak
04-03-2006, 11:25 PM
HOW ABOUT BAN THE OFFENDER??? Sorry, but I really think some of you are getting paranoid. I don't mean to offend anyone by that, but let it go. I guarantee people are going to be banned from this site in the near future and I am willing to bet that a newby isn't going to get this place shut down. There are other alternatives besides closing the swimsuit threads altogether!

Erk...I like an option in the middle...keep the thread and BAN THE OFFENDER!!! As someone has said on another thread, "If you have to ask, it's probably not ok".

We now have at least one moderator who I am confident will be 100% fair within the parameters given to him by TMC. Let's see how it works. It's gonna be fine.

Andre, I

6ballsisall
04-03-2006, 11:26 PM
:eek: :popcorn: :popcorn:

Hoosier Bob
04-03-2006, 11:28 PM
Aye! I was also to blame! Not for thirty seconds but maybe for 10-15. Andre you should not be punished for my sins! For this I will punish myself!

SKI*MC
04-03-2006, 11:31 PM
Let he who is without sin cast the first stone....

PapaJoe
Sorry, but I don't think you grasp what has happened the last few days. We Team Talk members and visitors were not the only ones on here looking and have the ability to pass the threads/pictures up if we choose not to view them. MasterCraft in the process of doing their job of monitering this site saw pictures that were shown for a short period of time then removed, yet they could retrieve them. It did not set well at MC and they, probably with the flip of a coin were about to shut this site down. If you must live vicariously thru others, just ask and I am sure someone will direct you to website where the pictures were from and you can get your fill there!
OK--- Some pictures that push the limit should be/ can be removed by the site monitor, I assume by you or somebody you know personally... Or, you could bar the person who posted the offensive picture for a while as punishment...

I admit, some pictures do push the limit, but many did not... Also, the ones that did push the limit, where posted on some other web site first, and not taken by the poster...

But, so say Master Craft will shut down this entire web site, because of these activities, because of this thread, I do not agree with that course of action at all... In fact, I feel its BS.... Also, count how many different people posted to it... How many people viewed it... Is Mastercraft ashamed, that its most popular Thread, is a Swim Suit Thread????

Just a thought...

JOE

erkoehler
Weren't you one promoting those 30 sec. pix,staying up late in the night ,posting and deleting pics that shouldn,t have been post?
Why me, for example,who is one of the oldest member SHOULD loose my privileges of seeing stevo137 's wife in a swimsuit in her family boat in a picture takin by her husband because of you erk ,Why should i pay for you?
Bring back the TRUE spirit of the swimsuit thread,there 'll never be an issue and we might see stevo's wife in an 07 brochure.
All in favor say I!

I have already admitted to posting pictures that were inappropriate, and I have apologized for it.

If steveo still wants to post pics like that, he can, but he would have to start his own thread pertaining to that day or week, or trip! There just wouldn't be a dedicated thread.

I never said you should "pay" for me either. I am just saying, the board is changing, and I want to make sure that it is still around in the future.

flipper
04-03-2006, 11:32 PM
I say do what we have to do to keep going. As for the whole newbie thing, if someone wanted to do something stupid, they can do it on any thread. The SS thread was fun, but not worth losing the endless information on here, if that is what it comes down to.

The weather just needs to get better so we are not all so board!!!

6ballsisall
04-03-2006, 11:33 PM

TRU DAT!! :firejump:

04-03-2006, 11:34 PM

TRU DAT!!!!!

milkmania
04-03-2006, 11:35 PM
Eric's been here longer than me?

I know what the dates say, but I coulda sworn welcoming him to the board:confused:

erkoehler
04-03-2006, 11:37 PM
Eric's been here longer than me?

I know what the dates say, but I coulda sworn welcoming him to the board:confused:

I registered, posted a few times and disappeared for awhile.....

André
04-03-2006, 11:39 PM
Aye! I was also to blame! Not for thirty seconds but maybe for 10-15. Andre you should not be punished for my sins! For this I will punish myself!
Man ,Bob,i know but you're not lecturing(?) everyone about it!
And most importantly,as most peoples with OUR problem,you're not judging anyone... :)

milkmania
04-03-2006, 11:41 PM
I registered, posted a few times and disappeared for awhile.....

ahhhhh......ok

I thought you might be paying someone off;)

tex
04-03-2006, 11:41 PM
Zane's got a great gig!

Hoosier Bob
04-03-2006, 11:44 PM
You are pretty sick though Andre! :D

east tx skier
04-04-2006, 12:11 AM
This is going to be kind of a long post. Sorry.

Whatever you guys decide is fine by me. While the legality of reposting pictures from another site is fuzzy to say the least, it seems pictures lifted of good looking women scantily clad seem to draw a little more ire from a legal standpoint. This isn't a legal opinion on my part. Just look at google, who got sued by a porn site because its image search pulled up pictures for free that the site charged people to see. So while I sincerely doubt that Vince Vaughn is going to come after MC over Milk's avatar, I could see a site whose bread and butter is its swimsuit models (who it's probably paid some good cash to own their respective likenesses) getting ticked enough to cause trouble if they somehow saw them posted over here. But that's just a guess as to one thing we probably ought to be looking out for if we want to make it in MC's interest to keep this site open.

Today I deleted a picture, not because there was anything too terrible about it, but because I was about as close to positive as can be that the poster didn't take it/own it. I really hated to do it. It was my first pulling of the trigger so to speak, and I agonized over it (not to be overdramatic). But the more I think about the potential consequences that I'd bet MC is balancing against the good word of mouth this site provides for their company, I won't worry too much about the next removal of reposts of lifted material.

If MC has a problem with my actions in this regard, I'll do whatever they ultimately tell me to do. But as of now, I've not heard any word from above, so I've got the stick and will do what I think is best considering (1) their user agreement, and (2) the indications we've received from MC about this site over the years I've been a user here. If anyone else thinks I'm over the line, don't hesitate to take it up with TMC. I'll have no problem with it. If it turns out I'm wrong in MC's eyes, I'll apologize and beg forgiveness. Hopefully, soon, we'll have more user-moderators and the burden of making hard decisions like these won't fall on me alone. But until then, I'll do my best for this site. I'll try to be fair and evenhanded about things.

Just know, I'm doing what I'm doing to protect the site. To those that see their potentially shutting this place down as a bluff, you may be right. But I'm going to treat it as the real deal. Worst case scenario, it's just not worth losing this place if I ruffle a few feathers enforcing the rules.

In the end, you guys are welcome to ride in or behind my boat and pull as many pints as you like from my keg.

Have a good night.

Doug

milkmania
04-04-2006, 12:21 AM
So while I sincerely doubt that Vince Vaughn is going to come after MC over Milk's avatar, I could see a site whose bread and butter is its swimsuit models (who it's probably paid some good cash to own the pictures) getting ticked enough to cause trouble if they were posted over here.

Doug, we talked last night about where you & I stand........ no problems here with editing anything I have...... for the sake of the board;)

rodltg2
04-04-2006, 12:31 AM
like i always said. the swimsuit thread should only be pics of girls you know or girls you took pictures of. i really never understood why some folks posted internet girls sincewe can all go find those are selves. either way i dont care if the threads disappear.

Leroy
04-04-2006, 01:46 AM
It has happened time and again and the picture posting has always escalated. This is not the first time for a blow up over pictures. I quit bringing out my comic form of beaver patrol long time ago. I also had to really watch my laptop as it is in the kitchen, always on and the kids often look on here. I haven't complained and I'm a parent and tell them stay off the MasterCraft site now. The behavior has not been kid friendly on here lately. Last fall my kids (17, 15, and 10) who often look on here with me started asking me if MC was about porn and if I was looking on here to see porn just based on the swimsuit thread. :eek: Not even seeing the latenight stuff. I'm almost to the point where I think we should have a no pix policy or person has to be approved by moderator before they can post a picture.

But the rules cannot save us if people want to skate the rules, you could post links and then delete. This site has been and is still a great resouce and I've met great people on here, and then in person, and would hate to see this change.:rant:

And that's all I have to say on that matter...... :toast:

east tx skier
04-04-2006, 07:53 AM
... or person has to be approved by moderator before they can post a picture.

Lone mod keels over from exhaustion. "We're gonna need a bigger boat." 8p :o

Leroy
04-04-2006, 08:02 AM
:uglyhamme I'm sure the pay makes up for the challenge!

Off to visit University of Cincinnati, toured Xavier yesterday, Notre Dame tomorrow. College visit week for us.

NORTHERN LIGHTS
04-04-2006, 09:17 AM
Mine is bigger than yours? I have more post counts? Newbie's posts don't count? (intimated). Oh god we can't live without the mc board?
Only let certain people post?
jesus guys...get a grip! jimmer and I had a two day "mine is bigger than yours" go around and let it end.
You can already see the battle lines forming here!

And let me take a little shot... for all of those who think that your more important than other because you post more... gimmie a break.

I like the site...I like the info... There are a lot of good guys/gals here...
I like swimsiuts...i like thongs... I like mastercraft... do what's right, follow the rules... post your wife in a bikini...have the coldest beer you can find....

just stop all the :cry:

MarkP
04-04-2006, 09:22 AM
Ok, after all that has happened in the last week or so, I think it is in the best interest of the board and the MasterCraft "family" to eliminate all threads relating to or encouraging the posting of swimsuit pictures.

So, lets put it to a vote.....take this seriously, I think we all truly value the TMC site more than we realize, and will be really lost, sad, and struggling to find resources when it is gone. Lets hope it doesn't come to that, but I have a feeling we are on the edge.

It is my opinion that the threads and pics should be deleted ASAP for the general good of the TMC site.
Don’t be ridiculous erk!

I don’t know what I missed over the past few weeks, (I can guess though) but I think if everyone would be a little more “Grown up” and use the SS thread as it was intended, I’ll bet everything will be fine..

André
04-04-2006, 09:25 AM
Hey Mark! :wavey: :toast:

NORTHERN LIGHTS
04-04-2006, 09:30 AM
Don’t be ridiculous erk!

I don’t know what I missed over the past few weeks, (I can guess though) but I think if everyone would be a little more “Grown up” and use the SS thread as it was intended, I’ll bet everything will be fine..

Kinda what I thought...been gone fo a while, check the site, and everyone is now pointing fingers.... relax, do what you do, everything will be fine.

MarkP
04-04-2006, 09:33 AM
Hey Mark! :wavey: :toast:
What’s going ON André.

Looks like I’ve been missin a boatload of stuff!

bcampbe7
04-04-2006, 10:08 AM
What’s going ON André.

Looks like I’ve been missin a boatload of stuff!

I don't think "missed" is the right word. ;)

MarkP
04-04-2006, 10:23 AM
I don't think "missed" is the right word. ;)
LOL,

I still may start the “official” whad I miss thread.

RexDog1
04-04-2006, 10:31 AM
MC is in the photo :cool:

tommcat
04-04-2006, 10:32 AM
Mine is bigger than yours? I have more post counts? Newbie's posts don't count? (intimated). Oh god we can't live without the mc board?
Only let certain people post?
jesus guys...get a grip! jimmer and I had a two day "mine is bigger than yours" go around and let it end.
You can already see the battle lines forming here!

And let me take a little shot... for all of those who think that your more important than other because you post more... gimmie a break.

I like swimsiuts...i like thongs... I like mastercraft... do what's right, follow the rules... post your wife in a bikini...have the coldest beer you can find....

just stop all the :cry:Exactly what i was about to say. every single part of it

Maristar210
04-04-2006, 10:44 AM
This is going to be kind of a long post. Sorry.

Whatever you guys decide is fine by me. While the legality of reposting pictures from another site is fuzzy to say the least, it seems pictures lifted of good looking women scantily clad seem to draw a little more ire from a legal standpoint. This isn't a legal opinion on my part. Just look at google, who got sued by a porn site because its image search pulled up pictures for free that the site charged people to see. So while I sincerely doubt that Vince Vaughn is going to come after MC over Milk's avatar, I could see a site whose bread and butter is its swimsuit models (who it's probably paid some good cash to own their respective likenesses) getting ticked enough to cause trouble if they somehow saw them posted over here. But that's just a guess as to one thing we probably ought to be looking out for if we want to make it in MC's interest to keep this site open.

Today I deleted a picture, not because there was anything too terrible about it, but because I was about as close to positive as can be that the poster didn't take it/own it. I really hated to do it. It was my first pulling of the trigger so to speak, and I agonized over it (not to be overdramatic). But the more I think about the potential consequences that I'd bet MC is balancing against the good word of mouth this site provides for their company, I won't worry too much about the next removal of reposts of lifted material.

If MC has a problem with my actions in this regard, I'll do whatever they ultimately tell me to do. But as of now, I've not heard any word from above, so I've got the stick and will do what I think is best considering (1) their user agreement, and (2) the indications we've received from MC about this site over the years I've been a user here. If anyone else thinks I'm over the line, don't hesitate to take it up with TMC. I'll have no problem with it. If it turns out I'm wrong in MC's eyes, I'll apologize and beg forgiveness. Hopefully, soon, we'll have more user-moderators and the burden of making hard decisions like these won't fall on me alone. But until then, I'll do my best for this site. I'll try to be fair and evenhanded about things.

Just know, I'm doing what I'm doing to protect the site. To those that see their potentially shutting this place down as a bluff, you may be right. But I'm going to treat it as the real deal. Worst case scenario, it's just not worth losing this place if I ruffle a few feathers enforcing the rules.

In the end, you guys are welcome to ride in or behind my boat and pull as many pints as you like from my keg.

Have a good night.

Doug

/Doug leans back and says "damn I knew all that publicity was going to come back to bite me"

Just kidding. Couldn't have picked a better Mod.

Funny. No one asked me :huh:

:uglyhamme :uglyhamme

east tx skier
04-04-2006, 10:57 AM

just stop all the :cry:

I may have missed something here (said the guy with 11k posts). But have I unwittingly disparaged someone because of that stupid little number below my name? I'm not taking sides in this thing and I'm not voting in the poll. Just want to make sure that wasn't directed at me.

Rockman
04-04-2006, 11:00 AM
A new website can always be created...just like the "Team List."

If the rules are broken, then the member(s) making the post that broke the rules should not be allowed to post anymore..kinda like the girl from Wisconsin that was banned after she posted all that bashing last summer.

I know that MasterCraft would lose alot of good people by shutting down the board and at the same time, the TMC Members would always lose the great things that TMCowners.com has done in the last few years.

But more realistically, I think there needs to be a compromise between the TMC Members here and MasterCraft.

Just my :twocents:

east tx skier
04-04-2006, 11:08 AM
A new website can always be created...just like the "Team List."

www.theswimsuitthread.com

Diesel
04-04-2006, 11:15 AM
Ok, after all that has happened in the last week or so, I think it is in the best interest of the board and the MasterCraft "family" to eliminate all threads relating to or encouraging the posting of swimsuit pictures.

So, lets put it to a vote.....take this seriously, I think we all truly value the TMC site more than we realize, and will be really lost, sad, and struggling to find resources when it is gone. Lets hope it doesn't come to that, but I have a feeling we are on the edge.

It is my opinion that the threads and pics should be deleted ASAP for the general good of the TMC site.

Haven't you sold you boat yet??

If anyone has anything to loose by MC closing this site down it is me. While I only have a few posts next to my name they are very technical and certainly contribute to the knowledge base of the board. I've spent a lot of time helping and sharing what I have learned over the years and I would hate to see all mine as well as others technical posts disappear.

By contrast you have used the board for self serving socializing and most of your posts contribute nothing to the knowledge base. You and many others would hate to see this site go away because you would not have any other place to ramble on and on wasting bandwidth.

If you had bothered to read TMC's post the new SS thread which was started was modeled using his very own suggestion. In fact all the pictures I posted were taken from a thread TMC started.

Look it's simple. If someone posts an inappropriate picture it gets deleted and the user warned. If they do it again slap an IP ban on them and they will go away. This is how most boards I frequent currently work. For MC or anyone to think they can just open up a forum in cyberspace and not have to monitor its content is insane. I am glad to see ETS as a moderator and I am quite confident he will keep the thread clean.

What if someone posts a dirty pic in a thread titled "Seat Skins for my 90 Prostar"? What then? Should we shut down that thread and loose all the good content because of one thoughtless poster? Are you not trying to accomplish this very thing with the SS thread??

I highly doubt we are in jeopardy of loosing this site because of a few bad posts. If it is shut down I would guess MC has more underlying reasons (i.e. bad publicity, H2OGirl, etc) than just a SS thread. Let's keep it clean, police it ourselves, and everything will be fine. :)

prostar190
04-04-2006, 12:10 PM
There is a very easy solution to this problem. Taking the SS thread down is not the correct line of action and Mastercraft should not condone this stand. Censorship is not an action that I take lightly and I am highly offended thinking an American Company would even consider this action.

That being said I do understand the purpose and image that MC is trying to convey on this great site. That being of a wholesome and useful tool for information on these awesome boats.

We all know that woman in bikinis and MC go hand and hand that is well documented and even published in the MC catalog.

The people that don’t understand the views of MC are the one that should be held responsible for there actions. It is ironic that the strongest views are coming from possible offenders that should have known better in the first place, we should consider the source before conforming to their views on this matter.

Diesel is right on with the solution and action that should be taken, for any other picture that are not appropriate for this site.

The rules have been set, follow them.

NORTHERN LIGHTS
04-04-2006, 01:09 PM
I may have missed something here (said the guy with 11k posts). But have I unwittingly disparaged someone because of that stupid little number below my name? I'm not taking sides in this thing and I'm not voting in the poll. Just want to make sure that wasn't directed at me.

No- wasn't directed at you. Wasn't directed at anyone. I'd have to go read back to see who made the suggestion. If I remember correctly east tx, your one of the few who made sense in your post.

east tx skier
04-04-2006, 01:12 PM
Good deal. Just making sure I hadn't said something that had been misinterpreted for lack of an appropriate emoticon. :D :confused: :(

bradamerry
04-04-2006, 01:22 PM
No wonder alot of the older TMC members don't make it on here much anymore.... I would have more fun in a Bayliner........ :rant:

MarkP
04-04-2006, 02:04 PM
No wonder alot of the older TMC members don't make it on here much anymore.... I would have more fun in a Bayliner........ :rant:
Ha, HaHa, Ha, He said, Bay liner!!

bradamerry
04-04-2006, 02:11 PM
Hi Mr.Pdaddy ;)

MarkP
04-04-2006, 02:19 PM
Hi Mr.Pdaddy ;)
Whats up, B. I took a little break and the guys broke the place..

bradamerry
04-04-2006, 02:24 PM
Whats up, B. I took a little break and the guys broke the place..

I know. Just not he same place it was 2 yrs. ago. :(

bigmac
04-04-2006, 02:44 PM
The whole issue was moderators not moderating. So, they switched moderators. That's fine, but only one moderator? The Hoosier Bob thread was reportedly pictures that would appear for a minute or two then be taken down, during the middle of the night, or until the participants passed out. This is what got MasterCraft all excited.

ETS is going to have to forego some sleep to keep this group on the straight and narrow all by himself. TMC already relieved one moderator of command - now it appears Doug is in the potential for the same pickel.

bcampbe7
04-04-2006, 02:50 PM
The whole issue was moderators not moderating. So, they switched moderators. That's fine, but only one moderator? The Hoosier Bob thread was reportedly pictures that would appear for a minute or two then be taken down, during the middle of the night, or until the participants passed out. This is what got MasterCraft all excited.

ETS is going to have to forego some sleep to keep this group on the straight and narrow all by himself. TMC already relieved one moderator of command - now it appears Doug is in the potential for the same pickel.

I agree BigMac.

More Mods are needed.

MarkP
04-04-2006, 02:53 PM

I don’t think Doug will be in the same “pickle”. At least I hope not!

bradamerry
04-04-2006, 02:53 PM
I agree BigMac.

More Mods are needed.
But who????

Ric
04-04-2006, 02:55 PM
But who????
bigmac is campaigning

east tx skier
04-04-2006, 03:04 PM

I'll try to be online regularly, but I'm not foregoing sleep. I don't want this job alone to be sure.

Brad, 2 years ago, we had no vbulletin. It's good to see you and Mark on here. Also glad to see you've got the other boat for sale now instead of the Rocket 88! :)

bcampbe7
04-04-2006, 03:09 PM
But who????

I think there are a few on here that would make great mods.

I just think that 1 mod for a site this active is not nearly enough.
TMC couldn't have gone with a better mod than ETS, but he will not be able to watch everything going on alone.

I will say that I offered my services quite-a-while ago, but have not heard back from TMC.

bradamerry
04-04-2006, 03:09 PM
I'll try to be online regularly, but I'm not foregoing sleep. I don't want this job alone to be sure.

Brad, 2 years ago, we had no vbulletin. It's good to see you and Mark on here. Also glad to see you've got the other boat for sale now instead of the Rocket 88! :)
87' Doug....... 87'.

I enjoy getting on the site, but always seems to be more BS than boating. Ok, I use the off topic more than General, but I post alot of water shots. Just go look at Fun with the Farmers Thread.

bradamerry
04-04-2006, 03:11 PM
I think there are a few on here that would make great mods.

I just think that 1 mod for a site this active is not nearly enough.
TMC couldn't have gone with a better mod than ETS, but he will not be able to watch everything going on alone.

I will say that I offered my services quite-a-while ago, but have not heard back from TMC.
I would help also, but I can't live on here.

bcampbe7
04-04-2006, 03:18 PM
I would help also, but I can't live on here.

No, I don't think anyone is being asked to "live" on here.

TMC has, for the most part, policed itself pretty well. We had mods, but I never once saw them "mod" a thread. However, mods are a required aspect of any online forum, and for this forum, one is not nearly enough.
:twocents:

bradamerry
04-04-2006, 03:21 PM

TMC has, for the most part, policed itself pretty well. We had mods, but I never once saw them "mod" a thread. However, mods are a required aspect of any online forum, and for this forum, one is not nearly enough.
good luck to Eastie, looks like he can leave the tubin' to us......... :uglyhamme

east tx skier
04-04-2006, 03:26 PM
87' Doug....... 87'.

I enjoy getting on the site, but always seems to be more BS than boating. Ok, I use the off topic more than General, but I post alot of water shots. Just go look at Fun with the Farmers Thread.

Oh, man, I'm sorry. Rocket 87. ;)

Yeah, not as easy to navigate through the boat stuff as it once was. But it's still here. Just gotta look a little harder.

east tx skier
04-04-2006, 03:28 PM

I know for sure that the mods did send out emails to keep the peace when necessary. But like you said, this site has been pretty amazing about staying in line for as many members as it has. But the more traffic you get, little snafus like this are unavoidable.

bigmac
04-04-2006, 03:35 PM
bigmac is campaigningI'm campaigning for YOU big guy. I don't have time to do it.

mitch
04-04-2006, 03:46 PM
My hat's off to you Doug, I would not mod the board if they paid me.... Thanks for doing it!!!

Ric
04-04-2006, 03:51 PM
I'm campaigning for YOU big guy. I don't have time to do it.
hahaha me neither! no time, nor do I want to do it. not even if Jason returns my phone calls ;)

east tx skier
04-04-2006, 03:54 PM
hahaha me neither! no time, nor do I want to do it. not even if Jason returns my phone calls ;)

You're calling to complain about me, right?

Thanks, Mitch. But if these guys beat me down, I'm leaving the mod position to you and Skeeler. I'm leaving my post count to Workin4Toys. ;)

Ric
04-04-2006, 03:58 PM
You're calling to complain about me, right?

Thanks, Mitch. But if these guys beat me down, I'm leaving the mod position to you and Skeeler. I'm leaving my post count to Workin4Toys. ;)
hahah no but do you guys remember the old living color skit that jim carrey did where he looked like a guardian angel member?

I still laugh about that "are you a member of the guardian angels?" "no I'm not, nor do I care to be... Not even if they return my phone calls!"

east tx skier
04-04-2006, 03:59 PM
Ha!!! That's great! I haven't thought about that show for a while.

stevo137
04-05-2006, 12:01 AM
Looks like you guys really got this thing sorted out.

Hasta la vista amigos! :D

east tx skier
04-05-2006, 12:31 AM
Does anything ever get resolved? Thank goodness for our collective, relatively-short attention span.

MarkP
04-05-2006, 01:22 AM
What was this thread about?

Oh, that’s right, but I don’t think this is the ‘Official” should we keep it or dump it thread. From the looks of the results, it’s a good thing too.

MarkP
04-05-2006, 01:26 AM
http://www.deephousepage.com/smilies/lurking.gif

furevo
04-05-2006, 04:27 PM

did someone say ERK?

bigmac
04-05-2006, 04:42 PM
All I got...

My wife on La Amiga island.

http://www.pbase.com/hmac/image/25975567.jpg

La Amiga island is a interesting little spit of land just off the north coast of Haiti. It was literally the first land seen by Christopher Columbus as he approached the new world in 1492, and was named by him. You can walk around the circumference in about 15 minutes, and it still has numerous artifacts from the Taino and Arawak indians, Spanish fort, French fort. Very interesting. It's leased from the Haitian government by a friend of mine, a guy who was Jacques Cousteau's photographer for 20 years. Very private island, above is the only image I could post and not get banned by ETS.

http://www.pbase.com/hmac/image/28524053.jpg

erkoehler
04-05-2006, 08:23 PM
Last Weekend

Good pic.....

captain planet
04-06-2006, 12:48 AM
I usually don't agree with ANYTHING that someone from michigan says (go Buckeyes!), but I have to agree with you UMP, can't you all just let it go :confused: I guess being from choke-lahoma isn't helping diesel. Come on man, how old are you? Did you not get along with the other kids at school?

Diesel
04-06-2006, 10:53 AM
I guess being from choke-lahoma isn't helping diesel. Come on man, how old are you? Did you not get along with the other kids at school?

Good one! :rolleyes:

Now will you please leave. Your comments are not welcome nor needed in this thread. :mad:

Edit:
Forgot to enter a pic! Here is one of the wife and friends.........

http://img288.imageshack.us/img288/3518/image073r3zh.jpg

TonyB
04-06-2006, 11:30 AM
I guess being from choke-lahoma isn't helping diesel. Come on man, how old are you? Did you not get along with the other kids at school?

Personal attacks are never cool. Age is irrelevant. Poor manners speak volumes.

RackAtak
04-06-2006, 11:44 AM

captain planet
04-06-2006, 11:53 PM
Personal attacks are never cool. Age is irrelevant. Poor manners speak volumes.
Relax, it was all meant in fun. No personal attack meant. I was trying to add levity while getting a point across. Here, I'll make it a non-personal attack. Nice defense on choke-lahoma this season. There, is that better? :firejump:

pilot02
07-27-2006, 12:47 PM
Last night... See my son in the pic?

07-27-2006, 01:03 PM
Is that the Queen logo or Aerosmith logo tattooed on her back? or something else? NICE by the way!:D

pilot02
07-27-2006, 01:06 PM
It's actually a rose with petals.

MYMC
07-28-2006, 10:38 AM
Don't worry I know her...

6ballsisall
07-28-2006, 10:43 AM

Aye Carumba!!! :eek3:

Is she still a brunette or did she go back blonde Mike?

pilot02
07-28-2006, 11:35 AM
Definitely prefer the natural....

RexDog1
07-28-2006, 11:48 AM

I Love the Car, and the driver is nice also!!!!!!!!!

pilot02
07-28-2006, 03:16 PM
A closer view

6ballsisall
07-28-2006, 03:20 PM
A closer view

Grif you robbing the cradle again? :D

pilot02
07-28-2006, 03:24 PM
Not this time..... lol
Actually, she's a year older than me.

MYMC
07-28-2006, 03:45 PM
Aye Carumba!!! :eek3:

Is she still a brunette or did she go back blonde Mike?
Back to blonde...thank god (oops did I say that?)

6ballsisall
07-28-2006, 03:48 PM
Back to blonde...thank god (oops did I say that?)

Careful Mike!! YOu never know who is lurking :cool:

RexDog1
07-28-2006, 04:40 PM
Yes, they took the photo for the TMC website
Just for you!!!!

Ric
07-28-2006, 04:42 PM
Back to blonde...thank god (oops did I say that?) makes your pic outside the courthouse more believeable:D

6ballsisall
07-28-2006, 04:42 PM
Dang REX!!!!!!!!! Where are you at???? I am coming to your lake!! :cool:

slink976
07-28-2006, 05:30 PM
Tell me that was San Vincente pleasssseeeee

pq2
07-28-2006, 05:39 PM
or heaven maybe:rolleyes:

Footin
07-28-2006, 05:47 PM
Very nice ballast.

6balls
08-30-2006, 04:42 PM
I Know its been a while, but I have been busy coaching my Bikini Team! Any one who misse Double Up Del Noche missed one hell of a good party!

http://www.getriptide.com/images/getriptide.html

6ballsisall
08-30-2006, 05:50 PM
Wow!!! Very nice 6balls!!!! :D

erkoehler
08-30-2006, 07:08 PM
hmmmm....I know some of those contestants. :)

6balls
08-30-2006, 07:24 PM
I believe one of them arrived in a silver Ford Excursion......... Belonging to Chicago MasterCraft. Very Suspicous....;)

erkoehler
08-30-2006, 07:33 PM
I believe one of them arrived in a silver Ford Excursion......... Belonging to Chicago MasterCraft. Very Suspicous....;)

Hmmmm......that is pretty suspicious!

6ballsisall
08-30-2006, 07:36 PM
Hmmmm......that is pretty suspicious!

Erk forget bringing the X boat to MM, Bring the slims!!!!!

Dude, the razzing you get on here could end forever if you take care of business there brutha. ;)

erkoehler
08-30-2006, 07:37 PM
It didn't happen to look like this did it:rolleyes:

6ballsisall
08-30-2006, 07:44 PM
^^^^^Uh..........and that pic is interesting becuase??????????

Please re-read the title of the thread Erk..........:rolleyes:

08-30-2006, 07:54 PM
nice job sodarski!:D

6ballsisall
08-30-2006, 07:55 PM
Sodar get yerself and the ladies on a plane brutha!! We need you at MM!!!

08-30-2006, 08:00 PM
Sodar get yerself and the ladies on a plane brutha!! We need you at MM!!!
TRU DAT!

or if you cant make it to MM, send the ladies anyway!:D

LakePirate
08-30-2006, 09:59 PM
Sorry Guys, myself and the ladies will stay here. You are welcome to come out this way... the season lasts through November!!

What part of my wife is staying at home did you miss?

:cool:

08-30-2006, 10:31 PM
LMFAO!!! In that case, some Cali girls are on their way!!!
Oh sure sodar, you will send some ladies for Lakey, but not for the UMP. :(

what am I? a hunchback mutant or something?

6ballsisall
08-30-2006, 10:35 PM

nah......just a prop slut....... :D

TMCNo1
08-30-2006, 10:36 PM

Only in your drysuit!

08-30-2006, 10:39 PM
nah......just a prop slut....... :D
hmmm.....never seen one of those before......what do they look like?:confused:

6ballsisall
08-30-2006, 10:39 PM
hmmm.....never seen one of those before......what do they look like?:confused:

Look in the mirror. :D ;)

LakePirate
08-30-2006, 10:52 PM

You had betta recognize

08-30-2006, 11:00 PM
You had betta recognize
recognize what? that I am ugly?

LakePirate
08-30-2006, 11:02 PM

6ballsisall
08-30-2006, 11:02 PM

UMP your avatar pic sure doesn't look like the other pics I've seen of you. You caring your heart rate beeper with you?

LakePirate
08-30-2006, 11:06 PM
UMP your avatar pic sure doesn't look like the other pics I've seen of you. You caring your heart rate beeper with you?

He has grown a fresh-azz 'stach like Buford's for MM2.75873655

slink976
08-31-2006, 12:04 AM
i am getting depressed i keep coming to this thread to see new pics but no..
and why is it that i am not posting you ask.....

i read the rules at the begining :(

Ric
08-31-2006, 01:11 AM

what am I? a hunchback mutant or something? ump, did I miss something??? you on the prowl for the ladies??? remember ump, the dry spells are LONG

Leroy
08-31-2006, 01:18 AM
This thread is already :uglyhamme :popcorn: :popcorn:

Ric
08-31-2006, 01:19 AM
Just sayin

08-31-2006, 09:39 AM
Im incognito Jr. 8p Beauford T. Justice is my role model. ;)

Ric
08-31-2006, 10:32 AM
So what is the deal ump?

6ballsisall
08-31-2006, 10:33 AM
Im incognito Jr. 8p Beauford T. Justice is my role model. ;)

Incognito is an awful big word for a yooper. 8p

UMP, whats the countdown on MM?? Can't wait to meet ya!

08-31-2006, 10:46 AM
Incognito is an awful big word for a yooper. 8p

UMP, whats the countdown on MM?? Can't wait to meet ya!
yea, and I even spelled it right!

6balls
08-31-2006, 04:11 PM
It didn't happen to look like this did it:rolleyes:

That'd be the one!:D

erkoehler
08-31-2006, 04:19 PM
Sounds like they had a good time with you guys up there ;)

SD190EVO
08-31-2006, 09:38 PM
Too much freakin' talking going on here...

As Beavis and Butthead used to say, "If I wanted to read, I'd go to school."

Here is one from a few weeks ago....

SD190EVO
08-31-2006, 09:40 PM
From the front (minus the son and Old-Glory)...

Tryin-again
08-31-2006, 10:14 PM
There's a MC somewhere! :headbang: :headbang:

08-31-2006, 10:19 PM
wow! nice pics.....:D

08-31-2006, 10:19 PM
SD190EVO, that avatar RULES!!!!!:toast: :headbang: :steering:

JEREMY79
08-31-2006, 10:20 PM
not that I care....:D but those are fake

08-31-2006, 10:20 PM
not that I care....:D but those are fake
the avatar is fake?:confused: You mean Jerry Reed aint real?

;) ;)

Footin
08-31-2006, 10:21 PM
The Snowman is very real.

08-31-2006, 10:28 PM
The Snowman is very real.
Dayyyyyyum straight! He is one helluva guitar picker too!! Great guitar solo he did in the "East bound and down" theme song. I learned that guitar solo note for note for a music show we did. that song was a big hit!:cool:

Footin
08-31-2006, 10:29 PM
You know what the Bandit does best?

08-31-2006, 10:32 PM
You know what the Bandit does best?
Show off!!!

Footin
08-31-2006, 10:33 PM
Correct my son.

08-31-2006, 10:34 PM
Lets not derail this thread footin, head over to the OFFICIAL Smokey thread!!!! its bumped up top!

P-hat_in_Cincy
08-31-2006, 10:53 PM
Lets not derail this thread footin, head over to the OFFICIAL Smokey thread!!!! its bumped up top!

Agreed!

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m163/paulbro/HB2K6/Posing1.jpg

08-31-2006, 10:56 PM
Good golly miss molly!!!

Ric
09-01-2006, 12:49 AM
Agreed!

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m163/paulbro/HB2K6/Posing1.jpg NICE pic Phat!!!!!!! Reminds me of one of my favs

Ric
09-01-2006, 12:53 AM
Or .

milkmania
09-01-2006, 01:31 AM
Or .

have we yet determined who this is on the back of the boat?:confused:

pilot02
09-01-2006, 10:54 AM
From the front (minus the son and Old-Glory)...

Very nice pic

costal190
09-03-2006, 09:03 AM
At the lake

hacker
09-14-2006, 04:25 PM
Head over to Schnitz's site and check out Valia:banana:

http://www.schnitzskis.com/advertising/valia.html

Miranda and Errieta are OK too!

jmyers
09-14-2006, 05:22 PM

I have to go with Errieta!:D

Monte
09-14-2006, 05:29 PM

Miranda gets my vote:D Sorry maybe next time I'll hjave a pic to post!

east tx skier
09-14-2006, 05:54 PM
I've much enjoyed the ladies on the Schnitz site over the last few weeks. Just don't hot link/image link them here. If I understand things correctly, he takes seeing his photos on other sites rather seriously. I'm sure he wouldn't mind (and would probably appreciate) regular links to his site though.

Ric
09-14-2006, 06:09 PM
I have to go with Errieta!:D errieta! Hope she is older than she looks!

jmyers
09-14-2006, 06:37 PM
errieta! Hope she is older than she looks!
Ric, I said she gets my vote! !:rolleyes: She looks at least 18 :D

rodltg2
09-14-2006, 07:18 PM
nice tricker

rodltg2
09-14-2006, 07:22 PM
i dont know this one, but i like this pic ...

6balls
09-14-2006, 08:47 PM
I just got some more pics from the DUDN Party at Rip Tide:D

6balls
09-14-2006, 08:55 PM
:D I can't wait for next year!

Monte
09-15-2006, 09:39 AM
Right on 6B!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D Where did you say that was again???

trickskier
09-15-2006, 09:42 AM

I always liked ORANGE, I don't care what color it came in.

6balls
09-15-2006, 03:37 PM
Right on 6B!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D Where did you say that was again???

Rip Tide Seafood Bar (http://getriptide.com) and Grill in Milwaukee During Double Up Del Noche.