PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Sender - which type?

EFiles
07-07-2005, 02:49 PM
With the help of this board I've diagnosed my non-operational fuel guage as being a bad sender.

Should I replace it with:

(a) the Teleflex float arm type from Skidim for $27.88?

or

(b) the more expensive type I've seen guys with newer boats make reference to from an MC dealer or ISSPRO that can be calibrated for empty/full?

Will I get better accuracy & dependability from the second type?

Is it compatible with my tank/guage setup?

Cloaked
07-07-2005, 10:50 PM
With the help of this board I've diagnosed my non-operational fuel guage as being a bad sender.

Should I replace it with:

(a) the Teleflex float arm type from Skidim for $27.88?

or

(b) the more expensive type I've seen guys with newer boats make reference to from an MC dealer or ISSPRO that can be calibrated for empty/full?

Will I get better accuracy & dependability from the second type?

Is it compatible with my tank/guage setup?Depends on the year model of the boat (I think). Have a look see here
http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=3704
and see if this helps you. SkiDim has the non-90s (specifically stated on the page for the sending unit at their site) type of sending unit. The 90's type (for the 93) is listed in the link. Thus my thinking that the year model is a factor and not necessarily a choice.

Good luck!

EFiles
07-08-2005, 04:20 PM
That's what I was thinking. I was wondering if anyone could confirm whether the new style would or wouldn't work with an older boat ('87 in my case) and if it was better and worth trying. If the older style works fine I can just go with that. I'll probably call DIM and ask them.

lakes Rick
07-08-2005, 07:35 PM
The Dealer or expensive style fixed the problem and is very accurate in my 94...