PDA

View Full Version : Shower Trouble...Advice???

Pete
08-31-2010, 01:22 PM
Has anyone struggled with their shower operation???

I put the aquatek shower on my PS three years ago and am already having trouble with the pump. I have to tap on the pump to get it to start.

My ski buddy replaced the pump in his boat earlier this summer (also not very old). We took his apart to find that the electric motor would not turn.

Anyone else run into this trouble? Any recommendations on how to make the pump last a little longer than 3 years?

Pete

macattack
08-31-2010, 02:04 PM
Had mine for a couple of years and no issues. I would call the tech support guys at Heater Craft, 208-687-9700/208-687-4400 or Flojet 888-488-4033 and let them help troubleshoot it for you...mac

http://www.heatercraft.com/Default.aspx
http://www.ittflowcontrol.com/flojet/

Sodar
08-31-2010, 02:09 PM
Never had a problem with the pump. My pressure switch went out, so I had to go buy a new switch at the electronics store for less than $3. All is well again.

oldairboater
09-05-2010, 02:50 AM
The motor in mine was froze up when I got the boat. I took it apart and greased the bearings. Works fine now. I make a point of turning it on when I am flushing the boat and I also turn on the heater when I am flushing the boat. Had new fan motor in the heater freeze up already this year. I took it apart and greased it also. I greased my starter already. Humidity and water are hard on these things. I am not afraid to work on anything. The worse that could happen is that I have to buy another one. Which was going to happen anyway before I fixed it.

Pete
09-10-2010, 01:44 PM
Thx for the replies.

I took mine apart and sprayed some penetrating oil in the electric motor bearing. Also did that with my buddies shower motor that would not spin at all. After letting the oil soak in for a day or two, I got the motor spinning again.

oldairboater
09-11-2010, 08:12 AM
I always wanted to see what was inside stuff and how it worked. Glad you fixed it. I would still have greased the bearings before putting it back together. Oil is great for freeing things up but grease tends to stay longer.

Pete
09-13-2010, 12:48 PM
New development after re-installing my shower pump...If I shut the shower HEAD off before I turn the shower SWITCH off, the pump will not come on next time. I have to tap it to get it going.

So as long as I turn the shower on with the shower HEAD OPEN and turn the shower OFF with the SWITCH...all works fine.

So I am thinking my pressure cut off switch may be bad