PDA

View Full Version : What kind of carb did PO put on

rjracin240
08-30-2010, 11:22 PM
Pretty sure this is not the stock carb, can someone give me an idea of what I have? Also how should the vent hoses route to the carb, the oil vent tube coming of the valve cover does not look right. There is also two other vent boss's with nothing hooked up to them. any pictures of proper hose routing would be appreciated.
Engine has a flat spot about 2,000RPM when accelarating, passes through this flat spot pretty quick, guessing it might be jetting; any suggestions?

thatsmrmastercraft
08-30-2010, 11:52 PM
Looks like a non-marine holley 600. Take a pic with the flame arrestor off for definite identification. That rubber fuel line between the filter and the carb isn't correct either.

rjracin240
08-31-2010, 11:20 PM
61373Looks like a non-marine holley 600. Take a pic with the flame arrestor off for definite identification. That rubber fuel line between the filter and the carb isn't correct either.
Agree about the fuel filter line, on the to do list of corrections. Thanks for the help with IDing the carb

thatsmrmastercraft
08-31-2010, 11:28 PM
Agree about the fuel filter line, on the to do list of corrections. Thanks for the help with IDing the carb

As suspected that is not a marine carb. Still worth a few bucks on craigslist when you replace it with a marine 4160.

I had a similar assortment of strange discoveries when I got my boat two years ago.

rholmes
09-01-2010, 01:24 AM
Marine version will have j-tubes for the overflows that dump the fuel back into the barrels. It is some version of the 4160 in auto format as others have stated.

rjracin240
09-03-2010, 12:07 PM
Marine version will have j-tubes for the overflows that dump the fuel back into the barrels. It is some version of the 4160 in auto format as others have stated.

When you say in auto format, is it because on the left side of carb where the linkage is there is part of the linkage that does not go to anything. Would assume that it might be for a manual kick down linkage to the auto trans?

Will do some more research on what makes a carburetor a marine one, gotta be more to it than a couple of J tubes.

thatsmrmastercraft
09-03-2010, 12:20 PM
When you say in auto format, is it because on the left side of carb where the linkage is there is part of the linkage that does not go to anything. Would assume that it might be for a manual kick down linkage to the auto trans?

Will do some more research on what makes a carburetor a marine one, gotta be more to it than a couple of J tubes.

J-tubes, shaft seals, no external float adjustment capability, no bowl level plugs. The rest is in the calibration: power valve much lower 2.5 typically, secondary spring, accelerator pump setting, main jets are all somewhat different as a marine engine operates at different RPM than a standard street engine.

Kyle
09-03-2010, 12:37 PM
J-tubes, shaft seals, no external float adjustment capability, no bowl level plugs. The rest is in the calibration: power valve much lower 2.5 typically, secondary spring, accelerator pump setting, main jets are all somewhat different as a marine engine operates at different RPM than a standard street engine.

Very well put....

thatsmrmastercraft
09-03-2010, 12:52 PM
Very well put....

Thank you, thank you very much.

hkallestad
09-03-2010, 06:34 PM
I had a similar automobile carb on mine, maybee the same. Changed to marine carb this season, cant feel any difference in performance really, BUT I'm running safer;-) No more rubber fuel line and all the other safety benefits.