PDA

View Full Version : 04 X-30 Upholstery Work

danall705
08-30-2010, 11:10 PM
Okay, So I got a quote from Jim for upholstery skins. The next question is how difficult of a job would be to replace upholstery on the whole boat? I really don't want it to turn out looking like someone did it for the first time....

Anyone done it that has an opinion? I have seen some pictures of loose fits and it doesn't look good. Is there a trick to getting it tight and looking like factory?

pcambridge
08-30-2010, 11:46 PM
There is a HUGE trick to this. I just went through a horrific "full upholstery" job with an absolute "hack" ... a local guy w/ 30 years experience that obviously was out of his league working with the listings -- this is the technique that keeps the fabric "tight" and creates the "spaces" between cushions. This can be a HUGE frustration -- makes sure that you get the right guy. I found a new guy -- local in D/FW, TX area. He went to upholstery school -- it is part art / part science as he explains it and he knows his stuff. You can buy materials relatively cheap if you look around online. My name is Matt -- e-mail me if you want more info. I can also e-mail Jonathan's number -- he is my guy and I am sure that he would give you some insight.

H20BOY
08-30-2010, 11:55 PM
There is a guy in Little Rock, AR that did my 2000 X-Star when it had "pink" seats. They did several upholstery jobs for MCBoats of Arkansas. Mine turned out great. He has also done several other automotive jobs for me and I have always been please. The name of the place is Acey's Top Shop and Upholstery.