PDA

View Full Version : Best place to order decals

ssippiriverrat
07-07-2005, 03:34 AM
I recently purchased a '79 Stars and Stripes and I want to restore it back to new. The stars and the mastercraft lettering are fading so I was wondering where is the best place to order these decals? My gelcoat isn't the best but I think a good buff might get that back to new. I also own a '99 dodge dakota which I want Mastercraft decals on to match the boat. Where is the best place to get these from and how much it might cost for the boat decals?

Thanks boyz

ski_king
07-07-2005, 07:23 AM
I have bought a few decals from this guy (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4556304986) on ebay.

They look good, but I havn't put them on yet to let you know how they stick and hold up.

east tx skier
07-07-2005, 11:27 AM
I ordered some early nineties decals from Lex at Rambo Marine.

ssippiriverrat
07-08-2005, 04:39 PM
Thanks guys,

I think I will try to see if either of these two guys can make the '79 lettering--the 80's style is a little different. I will let you know how it goes.

'79 all the time :)

ski_king
07-08-2005, 05:03 PM
Her is a link to a old thread (http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=2188&page=1&pp=10&highlight=lettering) that may help for pre 80's .
You might want to check with JEREMY79 also.

Cloaked
07-08-2005, 07:44 PM
I have bought a few decals from this guy (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4556304986) on ebay.

They look good, but I havn't put them on yet to let you know how they stick and hold up.That's the ticket. Good stickers. :steering:

eschind
07-11-2005, 09:24 PM
I am also restoring a 79 and completed creating my registration numbers using the font.

ssippiriverrat
07-12-2005, 12:05 PM
I am also restoring a 79 and completed creating my registration numbers using the font.

Did you ever find out what font the '79 lettering was? I want to add some lettering to the rear of the boat and it would be sweet to use the '79 font.

Thanks for the help, I email that guy on ebay--hopefully he can make the '79 lettering.

[IMG]

east tx skier
07-12-2005, 01:34 PM
Here's a bitmap of the graphics from a '78. You can take it to a local sign shop and they can make the graphics for you.

1978 MasterCraft Graphics Courtesy of SkiBoatHelp.com (http://www.skiboathelp.com/download.html)

JEREMY79
07-13-2005, 10:49 PM
I'll throw in my :twocents:

I hate stickers on boats. Stickers + water = peeling. end of discussion

I used the graphics from skiboathelp.com and took them to a sign shop. I had them cut them backwards where they actually kept the MasterCraft sticker and I kept the outline. I painted mine on the boat using that techique. There is a picure of them in my gallery.

ja

Cloaked
07-13-2005, 10:56 PM
I'll throw in my :twocents:

I hate stickers on boats. Stickers + water = peeling. end of discussion

I used the graphics from skiboathelp.com and took them to a sign shop. I had them cut them backwards where they actually kept the MasterCraft sticker and I kept the outline. I painted mine on the boat using that techique. There is a picure of them in my gallery.

jaJeremy, I hear ya' man and each to their own, but in all honesty I have had 7 MCs and have been around more than I care to remember. I cannot say that I remember one sticker peeling away. But specifically on all of the boats I have owned, not one incident of peeling to a manner of dissatisfaction (maybe the point of a star but I've pressed that right back into place)....

Not to argue the point at all. Just my $0.02 as well my friend... :steering:

Now as a post script: With that being said for all of two cents... Do you have the template available electronically, in case one would ever have a need for a friend or other inquiry. I like stuff like that... Thanks.

JEREMY79
07-13-2005, 11:28 PM
Exactly to each his own. I just didnt want to have to worry about points of stars peeling or what really gets me is being able to feel the edge of the star or letter. I dont have a template or anything. I got mine from skiboathelp.com. I just printed it and gave it to them with the measurements and picked up my outlines.

sanddragon2004
07-14-2005, 12:20 PM
heres the ones i had made.

http://www.trx250r.org/coppermine/albums/userpics/normal_DSCN2611.JPG

6ballsisall
07-14-2005, 12:24 PM
If and when I have mine repainted I am forgoing the stickers and painting my graphics on. It just makes cleaning and buffing some much easier. Also, some hull cleaners will bleach the stickers out so you have to be careful there as well

Cloaked
07-14-2005, 08:08 PM
If and when I have mine repainted I am forgoing the stickers and painting my graphics on. It just makes cleaning and buffing some much easier. Also, some hull cleaners will bleach the stickers out so you have to be careful there as wellSame here jR.. I'm going to strip mine in a few weeks and leave off all of the stickers. I'll buy a set to have for the next guy or gal....

Sand.. nice looking machine. I like that shot as it shows how wide the exhaust ports were in that year. I had a 79 that I barefooted right off of the platform. When the exhausts were routed inside of the stringers, hot water came out on my feet. Can't foot there any more... LOL... Post a few more pics please. Interior too...

Do you strap your boat to the trailer??? I don't see any cinches or straps.. Just curious. ;)

EricB
07-20-2005, 02:42 PM
Jeremy;
You can try these people:
http://www.lettertech.com/

They did my 83 graphics and turned out great. I'm sure they can help you.

bfinley
07-20-2005, 02:58 PM
How much work would it be to paint over one of the stripes on my boat. Is that something an auto body shop can do??

Brandon

smsunman1
07-20-2005, 03:12 PM
Jeremy;
You can try these people:
http://www.lettertech.com/

They did my 83 graphics and turned out great. I'm sure they can help you.
thinks eric

Workin' 4 Toys
07-21-2005, 11:31 AM
Any of your dealers have "Official" mastercraft decals? I think I am going to remove the X7 from the sides of mine and replace with the name Mastercraft. Or maybe I'll just leave them off, but I still want some for the back of my truck. The "bubble" type used on the boat is what I would like to get.

bigmac
07-31-2005, 07:01 PM
Any of your dealers have "Official" mastercraft decals? I think I am going to remove the X7 from the sides of mine and replace with the name Mastercraft. Or maybe I'll just leave them off, but I still want some for the back of my truck. The "bubble" type used on the boat is what I would like to get.

I note that the word "MariStar" on the side of the hull on 06 Maristars has been replaced with a big shaded grey "MasterCraft" in the HemiHead (MasterCraft) font in that drip-molded vinyl. I haven't priced 'em yet, but I'm going to order a set to replace the "MariStar" on the side of mine. Everybody around here knows what MasterCraft is, no one seems to know what "MariStar" is.

West TN Wake
07-31-2005, 11:56 PM

They look good, but I havn't put them on yet to let you know how they stick and hold up.
Hey man the absolute best place to get stickers and decals isn't ebay its a business in West Tennessee named Brown Sign. They can recreate and customize just about anything. They are awesome.

Cloaked
08-01-2005, 12:15 AM
Hey man the absolute best place to get stickers and decals isn't ebay its a business in West Tennessee named Brown Sign. They can recreate and customize just about anything. They are awesome.Link?? :confused: :eek: :rolleyes:

ssippiriverrat
08-01-2005, 11:49 AM
Hey man the absolute best place to get stickers and decals isn't ebay its a business in West Tennessee named Brown Sign. They can recreate and customize just about anything. They are awesome.

No offense but is your last name "Brown" where "Brown sign" came from?

ssippiriverrat
08-11-2005, 01:43 AM
Finally got my decals in today--I ordered them from Scott on ebay--link is eariler in this post-- he is great--worked with me to make the '79 style and the other designs I wanted and like threw in maybe 50 bucks worth of other mastercraft decals for free. I highly recommend him and they look awesome--can't wait to put them on--I will throw some before and after pics on when I get done. Thanks for everyone's help.

West TN Wake
08-24-2005, 11:21 PM
Yea bro i kno but its a business...not nothing "out of the closet" kinda deal. They make beautiful prints and sick graphics. They are ligit and completely professional. As a matter of fact they have even cut and recreated mastercraft decals on a number of boats and have even done a '76 mastercraft stars and stripes just like the man wanted.

dchatagnon
08-30-2005, 06:14 PM
I'm looking for a set of decal for my 93 PS190?
Does anyone know where I can order them?
thanks.

Damien

Danimal
08-30-2005, 06:21 PM
I am looking for the '89 Tristar 190 decals. Does anyone know if a dealer still offers there?

Jorski
08-31-2005, 10:46 AM
thanks.

Damien

Me too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Barefootin
06-13-2007, 03:51 PM
I'm looking for replacement decals for my 1984 skier19, Stars and Stripes. Can anyone help me find a place where I can buy them or have them made?

east tx skier
06-13-2007, 04:13 PM
thanks.

Damien

Used to be www.rambomarine.com had them. Got a set about two years ago. I think supplies have dwindled since then.

Jim@BAWS
01-29-2010, 02:16 PM
Well this is the time of year that folks bring there MasterCraft back to life by adding assorted parts and such. Just a reminder for you owners with older boats. Graphics are still available via Bay Area WaterSports. 1997 and back. Some are originals others have been scanned in and are cut on high strength UV resistant vinyl. They add alot to a boats appeal. We have a GREAT SCANNED file for the 1986 RAINBOW scheme both, for the hull and trailer.
The FILE alone is not available for output

Please take a few digital photos with some basic measurements. Believe it or not the grahics used where off sometimes as far as size. Email them to jim.baws@verizon.net

Any FULL Graphics order recieves a "FREE" 40th anniversary book with the order

We have it all 1968-80s 1981-1985, 86, 87-1990, 91-97. Original YING YANG stickers

Thanks in advance

Jim@BAWS

jlambe
01-30-2010, 01:40 AM
do you have newer graphics? I have an 07 x15 but I want the bulls eye graphics on the later models.

JohnE
01-30-2010, 08:19 AM
do you have newer graphics? I have an 07 x15 but I want the bulls eye graphics on the later models.

He can definitely get you those. As can most dealers. Jim has all the old hard/ impossible to find anywhere else graphics.

mariavan
05-26-2010, 03:26 PM
Does anyone know where I can get the Prostar 190 Decals for the boat? I heard of others ordering and they recieved really small ones to place in their vehicles, lol! I need them for my boat! It is a 1990 and they are completley off, but fade lines marks there and need to cover them up! Thanks! Help anyone! Thanks!

C36
05-26-2010, 03:46 PM
You can remove the 'faded' marks by buffing off the oxydization from the gel coat - pretty easy to do. Click here (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=12550&highlight=buff+coat) to see one example (before and after pictures start at about post 30).

I have some OEM decals listed here (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/attachment.php?attachmentid=57785&d=1273095490) and shown here (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=21104). If there is something that is still available that is of interest to you, let me know.

skyboy
05-26-2010, 07:10 PM
I have a 1989 pro star 190 i'm looking to buy the transom/ rear rt and lf prostar 190 and above the 190 was a skier in a lined detail emblem decals can anyone help
contact jim at 843 227 3499 or e mail skyboy@hargray.com
thanks

88vaprostar
05-27-2010, 05:51 AM
Try these folks -www.redlinevinylgraphics.com -1-503-799-8430. Replaced all decals on my 88 prostar last year. Matched all sizes perfectly w/ no faded areas showing. Had the best price too.

hkallestad
05-27-2010, 08:03 AM
I believe i used redline as well, on ebay.

http://motors.shop.ebay.com/Boat-Parts-/26443/i.html?_catref=1&_fln=1&_ipg=&_ssn=redlinevinylgraphics&_trksid=p3911.c0.m282

88vaprostar
05-27-2010, 10:19 PM
You are right - that is where i found them. I believe they are in Oregon or Washington. Shipped my stuff all the way cross country for 9 bucks!

fmackiejr
05-28-2010, 05:34 PM
Any one know where I might find mastercraft decals for my 2004 ps190tt, only need side decals that say mastercraft in white, mastercraft of charlotte does not have any.

DooSPX
05-28-2010, 05:42 PM
Call Jim@BAWS
they can get any decals from old S&S to new.
number is in my signature.

7thsfgdoc
06-04-2010, 08:16 PM
ssippiriverrat,

Is it possible for you to take a photo of your transom decals and post them or send them to me. I am restoring a '78 and the previous owner painted over the strip after he removed the decals and damaged the gel coat.. I assume the '78 and '79 decals are similiar and I would appreciate a photo so I can put the decals in the correct location after I finish replacing the gelcoat.

Thanks
John

7thsfgdoc
06-04-2010, 08:59 PM
I believe i used redline as well, on ebay.

http://motors.shop.ebay.com/Boat-Parts-/26443/i.html?_catref=1&_fln=1&_ipg=&_ssn=redlinevinylgraphics&_trksid=p3911.c0.m282

Can anyone confirm that these decals are the correct font/style for the '78 S&S?

captainskidmark
08-31-2011, 01:39 AM
Kind of an old thread.....i have an 84 S&S p/s.... (tan (sand?) and red)....and I am looking for the sticker kit including the yin yangs.....any help? thanks ~ CS

thatsmrmastercraft
08-31-2011, 01:53 AM
Kind of an old thread.....i have an 84 S&S p/s.... (tan (sand?) and red)....and I am looking for the sticker kit including the yin yangs.....any help? thanks ~ CS

Call Jim@BAWS
they can get any decals from old S&S to new.
number is in my signature.

Here is your answer.