PDA

View Full Version : Better solution for cinching bindings?

kgrove
08-24-2010, 02:22 AM
I've got a couple pairs of wakeboard bindings that I use for kids and guests - open toed style and "medium" quality. I have problems with the cinches slipping so the boots loosen and the riders have difficulty controlling the board or even pop out in a mild crash. I've replaced a couple of them with generic cinches - can't even remember where I found them - but still have the same problem. Does anybody have a good solution for replacing the cinches with some other style or have another gadget to keep the bindings tight?

My boots - Ronix Cell - have a much higher quality rope and cinch than I've been able to find as a replacement. I don't want to run out and spend hundreds of $$ on new boots, but the problem seems to be getting worse and my kids are just starting to really get into the sport. I've thought about those little spring loaded cinches you see hold tight drawstrings in jackets, sleeping bags, etc. (not sure what they're called - small plastic devices where the rope runs through a hole - press a spring loaded button and the hole opens up to allow you to pull the rope tight, release the button and the spring closes the hole on the rope). I'm not sure if they would be tight enough or sturdy enough for wakeboard boots however.

73blue
08-24-2010, 07:24 AM
You can find some entry level CWB bindings fo under a hundy at buywake.com or other places. Nothing holds you in like CWB's hinge-tech. Also easy entry

Luv2Ski
08-24-2010, 10:00 AM
If the original ones worked well but wore out or broke, you could contact the manufacturer and see if they will just send you some new ones. I broke one on a old Liquid Force binding and they sent me a couple of their new style ones for free. My other thought is the lace itself, perhaps a "softer" lace would stay tighter in the cinch.

If I am thinking about the same spring activated cinches they put on a lot of camping equipment, I don't think they would hold all that tight. They just "bend" the lace a little bit whereas the LF cinches I have use teeth that grab the lace and only get tighter unless you pull the release.

slickwater1
08-25-2010, 06:21 AM
we all got tired of the clinches wearing out and breaking so we have put regular shoe laces in our boards now. they might wear out but a two dollar pair of shoe laces hold my bindings on tighter than any clinch I have ever worn. You can get them really fat shoe laces at any dollar store.

vision
08-25-2010, 07:19 AM
I ride the original LF Vantages with velcro and I will never go back to laces! LF Domains are an entry level velcro closure boot that are quite comfortable.