PDA

View Full Version : 1993 prostar 205 remove stern bench

twinlakes
08-18-2010, 01:57 PM
I recently purchased a 1993 Prostar 205 and want to get to my battery but am struggling with how to remove the stern bench seat. Any advice?

MarkP
08-18-2010, 02:09 PM
I recently purchased a 1993 Prostar 205 and want to get to my battery but am struggling with how to remove the stern bench seat. Any advice?
It picks straight up. It should have 2 loops at the floor to tug (up) on..

DooSPX
08-18-2010, 02:15 PM
agreed! ^^

twinlakes
08-18-2010, 02:17 PM
Thank you. The boat vinyl was recently replaced. I do not see the loops at the floor (maybe stuck behind) but if it can lift it straight up I shouldn't have a problem.

DooSPX
08-18-2010, 02:27 PM
my 91 does not have the loops, but still just left straight up.

Starshack
08-18-2010, 03:05 PM
It actually has some hooks under the fiberglass on top so you have to pull the bottom towards the motor box. I think we are all saying the same thing just did not want you to force it. It is a stupid place for the battery. I have thought many times about relocating it to under the observers seat which is common in older models.

east tx skier
08-18-2010, 03:08 PM
It actually has some hooks under the fiberglass on top so you have to pull the bottom towards the motor box. I think we are all saying the same thing just did not want you to force it. It is a stupid place for the battery. I have thought many times about relocating it to under the observers seat which is common in older models.

The seat itself does not have hooks that go under the fiberglass, but the plastic barrier behind the seat has three hooks. You pull the seat up and the barrier straight out from the bottom.

Starshack
08-18-2010, 03:08 PM
Sorry - I was talking about the carpet piece after you get the seat out - the seat does go straight up!

MarkP
08-19-2010, 10:40 AM
OK, Now Iím confused!!! How do I get my DAM seat out?!?!:o

Muttley
08-19-2010, 11:18 AM
OK, Now I’m confused!!! How do I get my DAM seat out?!?!:o

Flip the boat over. The seat will fall right out. ;)

etduc
08-19-2010, 12:33 PM
OK, Now Iím confused!!! How do I get my DAM seat out?!?!:o

Slide you fingers, between floor and seat, lift up. It is very light. It will slide staight up.

NOW, be for-warned. BE SURE, to re-install completely, all the way down to the floor.

They have been known, to lift out of the boat, when the boat is being trailered. I put a weight, in the storage bind, for trailering.

ttu
08-19-2010, 12:59 PM
Flip the boat over. The seat will fall right out. ;)

now that is just damm funny!:D

Starshack
08-19-2010, 01:28 PM
It lifts straight up - unless the folks that did the upholstery screwed it to the floor or something - we take ours out occasionally when we ski - try lifting one side a bit and the get under and lift straight up - it helps to have 2 people. Once the seat is out there is a carpeted plastic plate covering the gas tank and battery - pull the bottom of the panel toward the motor box (should be nylon loops) and then remove. I somehow think the upholstery guys somehow thought they were doing you a favor and attached the seat to the boat somewhere. Good luck. it should lift easily - if not my bet is it is attached somewhere.