PDA

View Full Version : video program, which one?

Jerseydave
08-11-2010, 05:23 PM
I have a Kodak Zi8 video camera and the software that came with it is not that user friendly for editing. (at least not for a tech-challenged guy like myself)

What program do you guys recommend for a PC?

mrprostar
08-11-2010, 05:26 PM
I use Adobe Premier Elements. Its great, but difficult at first.

andrewtimko
08-12-2010, 09:50 AM
Check out Sony Vegas. It is pretty intuitive for the new user, but has professional functionality for advanced users.

east tx skier
08-12-2010, 10:09 AM
Pinnacle HD is very good. Whatever you get, you'll need something that can edit HD files like the AVCHD (.mov/H264) files on the Kodak. I have one, too. Great little camera. However, I have found that the 1080p 30 fps settings is fairly useless if there is any panning or motion. 720p at 60 fps is very good for that.

russlars
08-12-2010, 10:39 AM
Check out Sony Vegas. It is pretty intuitive for the new user, but has professional functionality for advanced users.
X2 for Sony Vegas Video. Other than I-movie (Mac) which I currently use it is the easiest to learn to use. Keep in mind that most of these programs will edit HD video, however, it will be downgraded to standard definition video if you burn it to a DVD unless you have a Blue Ray burner.

east tx skier
08-12-2010, 10:44 AM
X2 for Sony Vegas Video. Other than I-movie (Mac) which I currently use it is the easiest to learn to use. Keep in mind that most of these programs will edit HD video, however, it will be downgraded to standard definition video if you burn it to a DVD unless you have a Blue Ray burner.

Most of the new Blu-Ray players will read AVCHD, which can be burned to a DVD. You only get about 22 minutes though. Also, if you have a PS3 or one of the many streaming boxes on the market these days, you can rip the video to a compressed HD format and stream it to your TV. If you have DirecTV with an HD DVR, you can plug this box into a router or a bridge and stream pictures, music, and video to it.

bfinley
08-12-2010, 10:53 AM
I like Windows Movie Maker. It's from Microsoft, and it's free. It's easy to edit video and add music.

http://explore.live.com/windows-live-movie-maker