PDA

View Full Version : Copy Cat Covers Review

jwskier
08-09-2010, 11:38 PM
I've been following the threads on those interested in redoing their interior. I live in Orlando and was looking for an economical way to redo my 99 Pstar205. I was skeptical of the price/quality of Copy Cat Covers so I had them make me skins for my jump seat as a "trial" and also to see how difficult it was to install. I got the new skins last week and installed this weekend. While it isn't a perfect install job, I'm very happy with the results. The skins fit perfectly, the seams looked good, and the quality of the vinyl was excellent. The only problem was my lack of experience, especially on the corners. This was a great "first run", and I plan on using Copy Cat to do the rest of my boat this winter. Of course it helps that I am local, but their customer service was very good as well. I'm including some pics of the finished product....

Mr_Woodcock
08-09-2010, 11:54 PM
looks good!

rektek
08-10-2010, 12:09 AM
Second photo, stiching doesn't look very good. I'd probably ask for a redo.

joecarew3
08-10-2010, 11:13 AM
Second photo, stiching doesn't look very good. I'd probably ask for a redo.

I thought that too. Why is it all out of wack. Could that be just from pulling it and stapling it and not lining everything up? Don't get me wrong, I would take that job over some of the others I have seen. In fact, I don't think I would have it redone, I just want to know what caused it. What did that cost to have done? How many beers to install it? Thanks

jwskier
08-10-2010, 06:29 PM
As I said, this was a first time job for me. The stitching is good, the areas that look uneven are due to the shape of the jump seat. Everything fit perfectly and pulled nice and tight. Next time I might watch to make sure the seams are pulled evenly, but that would be my fault, not the company.

This seat cost 125.00. It took a couple house to install, including the time it took me to figure out what I was doing. They gave me a quote for my whole boat of 1,100. Again, I have a 99 PStar 205.

brucemac
08-10-2010, 07:57 PM
so what exactly did you have to do? did you actually have to pull all the new skins on and sew?

jwskier
08-11-2010, 11:53 PM
No sewing involved. I pulled the skins on then stapled them to the back and bottom... really quite easy, again, the only difficult part was the corners...