PDA

View Full Version : TBI Indmar crack

wakesurfer
08-08-2010, 11:47 AM
the part is cracked at the overflow valve inlet , any idea other than a junk yard where I could get one of these? I got quoted $1300 from a local marine parts store.
95 indmar 5.7 chevy 350. thanks for your time.

JimN
08-08-2010, 12:15 PM
http://www.jcwhitney.com/replacement-throttle-body-injector-assembly/p2005653.jcwx?skuId=214922&TID=0720&zmam=15972153&zmas=21&zmac=128&zmap=760747#

Tell them to get bent. A GM dealer will be able to get parts, too. If you call around your area, a carb rebuild or fuel system shop can get these. Or, a speed shop.

You don't need marine parts.

wakesurfer
08-08-2010, 07:12 PM
Thanks a bunch! for the heads up, I went on ebay in the mean time and found a couple from,
$100 up to $700 I'm just worried it wont be compatible, ? is it the same part as long as its from a 1995 350 chevy 5.7 L ? thanks again.:o

JimN
08-08-2010, 07:34 PM
Thanks a bunch! for the heads up, I went on ebay in the mean time and found a couple from,
$100 up to $700 I'm just worried it wont be compatible, ? is it the same part as long as its from a 1995 350 chevy 5.7 L ? thanks again.:o

I would call Indmar or MC and find out what they bought. I thought it was the same as the light truck throttle body.

How did it crack?

wakesurfer
08-09-2010, 07:20 PM
thanks for the reply, the history is:
1. throttle lagging out of the hole, and on the way to top end including bucking
2. changed fuel filter, same thing
3. removed fuel pump, cleaned screen, at bottom, removed gas tank, cleaned other screen at bottom of gas tank sender put everythin back together and got the engine, started.
4. checked tbi and gas was spurting out!
5. it was the washer in the overflow valve but I didnt know so tightend the fitting and it cracked.
Thats the story.

shunra
08-13-2010, 11:18 PM
Can you explain where the washer is that you are talking about? I can't find it and I think I have the same problem.

wakesurfer
08-15-2010, 09:50 AM
Thanks for your post, the washers I am having trouble with are at the metal fuel line from the fuel pump to the tbi. The washers are at the end of the metal flared fuel tube, they are orange or red I guess the color reflects fuel rated? and there is a nylon looking flat washers at the threaded ends of the fuel valve inlets the screw into the tbi.
hope that helps

JimN
08-15-2010, 10:16 AM
Thanks for your post, the washers I am having trouble with are at the metal fuel line from the fuel pump to the tbi. The washers are at the end of the metal flared fuel tube, they are orange or red I guess the color reflects fuel rated? and there is a nylon looking flat washers at the threaded ends of the fuel valve inlets the screw into the tbi.
hope that helps

I think NAPA has them, but why do you need to replace yours? They don't go bad often and usually, it's only damaged after they have been removed.

shunra
08-15-2010, 10:43 AM
hope that helps

Could you see the fuel leaking? My boat is acting the same way you described yours and is drinking fuel. It also won't hold fuel pressure so I think I must have a leak somewhere. Thanks for the help.

wakesurfer
08-15-2010, 03:11 PM
Yes, the washers disintegrated when i took it appart the first time.
and yes i did see gas pouring out of the tbi connection to fuel pump line.
I bought some washers from napa but they said they were only rated for oil not gasoline, I will try them anyway.