View Full Version : Morse tyThrottle lever adjustment

Worthing skier
08-08-2010, 05:09 AM
Hi all

I have a 1993 prostar 190 with 285hp inmar , when

Worthing skier
08-08-2010, 05:15 AM
Sorry guys bad typing momment.

I have a 1993 prostar 190 with 285hp inmar , the Morse throttle lever will not hold its position and the driver has to hold it otherwise it will fall back and lose speed .
Is there an adjustment in the Morse assy to give it a bit more bite .

mny thanks

Kevin

east tx skier
08-08-2010, 12:06 PM
Your throttle return spring is causing that. It is located beneath the carburetor on the port side of the engine. The stock spring is really beefy. You have a couple of options: (1) Stretch the stock spring out so that it doesn't apply so much tension or (2) replace it with a less tense spring from the auto parts store. I opted for the latter option on my 93. You don't want to remove it. It is there to retard the throttle should the cable break.

Worthing skier
08-08-2010, 02:01 PM
Hi Tx

Thanks for the advice , I did remove the big return spring last season and have run it like that since , i have tried stretching the spring , but any extra tension on the carb throttle linkage will then cause the the throttle lever to move back.
I am sure that there should be an adjustment in the morse lever box to add a bit more friction , anyone done this b 4 ?

Rgds

Kevin

east tx skier
08-08-2010, 02:11 PM
You can check behind the throttle mechanism, but I don't think there is one there for the 93. Skidim sells a clamp you can put on your throttle cable to create resistance. I was never fond of this solution. So even with the return spring removed, you still have throttle return creep?

Worthing skier
08-08-2010, 05:01 PM
Hi Again

Yes thats correct , spring removed and still get throttle creep back.

rgds

Kevin

rektek
08-10-2010, 10:48 PM
I have the same issue and used the ski dim clamp, it's made my morse I believe and it adds friction to the outer cable housing, it's not great but it does work. It doesn't require much tension, a little goes a long way.

daverbeck
08-11-2010, 08:34 PM
I also installed an external clamp on my '94 350 TBI. Made it from junk in my misc. hardware box.