PDA

View Full Version : Rush Time Machine Tour

djkslc
08-05-2010, 12:42 PM
Not really boat related, but I am going to the Rush concert tonight in Salt Lake City. Any one out there been to the Time Machine concert in a previous city? This is my 5th Rush concert in the span of about 20 years. This time my seats are as close and center as I have ever been, so I am excited about that.

Rush is one of those bands that my older brother grew up listening too, so naturally I got into them as well. The "Moving Pictures" album reminds me of Lake Powell boating as a kid because that is what was always playing on the boat.

I hope the weather holds out. It's sometimes kind of fun to re-live the good old days.

SteveO
08-05-2010, 08:06 PM
Please give your review. I will be seeing them Saturday night in Seattle. Will they have a Flomax sponsored intermission?:D

vogelm1
08-05-2010, 09:20 PM
A friend of mine from high school still follows them religiously. Talked to him a few days ago and he said he just saw them - they were as good as they ever were in his opinion. Mentioned that they did quite a bit of new stuff and he was impressed. I think you'll be happy.

damaged442
08-05-2010, 10:09 PM
I'm going to see them in September in Syracuse. I mean, so you really need a review? It is Rush we're talking about here! They are still as tight as they ever were! Caaaaan't wait!!!

Ski-me
08-05-2010, 10:14 PM
that sounds awesome! My brother has seen them and said they were the best! Congrats!

broncotw
08-05-2010, 11:05 PM
I am H U G E Rush fan....... I have seen them 12 times and that will increase to 13 this September..... True professionals and they will play right around 3 hours.... Can't wait to hear your review.....

jconover
08-06-2010, 01:27 AM
Awesome July 4 Chicago show. Have the boot :-)

djkslc
08-06-2010, 02:27 PM
As suspected the concert was awesome. 3 hours of just Rush. I had great seats and it sounded like I was listening to a Rush CD on a really nice stereo. I am amazed how well they sound live. It amazes me as to how much music can come from 3 guys. This was my 5th Rush show and they sounded better than I can remember and they looked like they could go on for many years to come. They played for 3 hours and I was sad when it was over, I wanted more. I hope they come back in a few years. Well worth the money. p.s. the crowd watching at a rush concert is worth the price of admission.

MorganMac
08-06-2010, 06:35 PM
Going Monday night. Looking forward to it!