PDA

View Full Version : Fly High Jumbo (1,100#) Sac in a X-Star?

deminimis
08-05-2010, 11:07 AM
Other than the obvious need to reinforce the rear locker partition, I'm wondering about fit when it comes to the Jumbo sac. Anyone have any experience with this monster of a sac in a X-Star (port, of course)? 50x24x24. I want to order up either this behemoth or in the alternative, the 750# Fat Sac. Thanks.

willyt
08-05-2010, 12:27 PM
what year xstar we talking?

deminimis
08-05-2010, 12:28 PM
'04. Thanks.

willyt
08-05-2010, 12:34 PM
AH.. can't help ya.. have an 05 X2 (same as old xstar). Those lockers are HUGE though... can't imagine it wouldnt fit. even if it doesnt, could fill till it can't take any more.

deminimis
08-05-2010, 12:49 PM
I suspect fitting shouldn't be a problem and my question really didn't address my real concern now that I re-read it. I guess my real concern is the Jumbo seems like overkill, but perhaps its just what the doctor ordered. Its $40/50 more than the 750# Fat Sac (roughly a buck a pound). If its worth the extra, then I'm all in. If its too much sac for the boat, then thinking I ought to save my pennies and go with the 750-pounder. I've been very unsatisfied with my surf wake, so I want to do something. I'm even considering a second pair of the V Drive sacs and just stacking a pair in the locker and running one port/mid and one port/bow (but concerned stacking in the locker will create too much stress on the engine panel), but not looking to muddy the waters with that potential option right now. Perhaps too many options to make a decision. -I feel like a member of Congress. Thanks.

jbkriss
08-05-2010, 01:06 PM
I've got the 750s plumbed into the rear compartments of my x.star. When it's full, there's not any extra room... keeping the hoses and fittings in mind. 750 in the back corner is enough. Just keep adding more weight up the side and to the bow.

deminimis
08-05-2010, 01:13 PM
Well for others considering such a bold move, I just got off the phone with Wake Makers (they are somewhat local, so that's nice). Anyway, the Jumbo is just too jumbo. The 750# Fat Sac is the ideal sac for the X-Star rear locker for surfing (not that a X-star is idea for surfing). So ordered one of those. Looks like I need to run out and get some alum channel so I can reinforce the divider tonight. So, I'll try the Fat Sac in the rear port and I'll use my two V Drive Sacs along the port side under the seats (one mid and one closer to the bow). Won't be able to fill the front one to capacity, but all in all I'm looking at approx 1400-1500# additional ballast with that setup. For wakeboarding, I should be pretty dialed with the V-Drive sacs in the rear lockers, factory ballast and the 750 Sac sort of in the middle of the seating area (out in the open). Wave and wake photos will be forthcoming.

deminimis
08-05-2010, 01:14 PM
jb, you posted while I was typing my post above. Great minds..... Thanks!!

Dad 2 3
08-05-2010, 02:15 PM
Seems like I'm a little too late to the party, but I'll put in my experiences. I have a 750 lb sac on my 09 X-Star on the starboard side (I'm differentiating because starboard size has the heater on it too). When the sac is full I still have room and have added an additional 200 lb sac on top. With this configuration, the lid still closes and latches. I'm not sure what's different on my setup vs. some of the comments.

deminimis
08-05-2010, 03:46 PM
Perhaps we're comparing green and red apples? I'm talking about and ordered the "Fat Sac" which is 750# (50x20x20) and not the X-Star specific sac that is also 750#, but has slightly different dimensions (40x22x22).

Dad 2 3
08-05-2010, 09:59 PM
Interesting...... I pulled my receipt for the fat sac and it says FHW707 Pro X Series Fat Sac 20 x 20 x 50. So my above thread comments are based on this sac.

deminimis
08-06-2010, 11:18 AM
Well, I glad to hear that. I was wondering if I was going to be able to squeeze a 50" er into the starboard locker due to the heater box. Was thinking I might have to move it a bit. Better if I didn't have to.