PDA

View Full Version : How do I remove bow backrests?

ejkjell
08-04-2010, 11:34 PM
Equipment is a 2004 Prostar 197. I'm in the process of replacing the horn and navigation light, so I need to remove the starboard and front backrests. I found one bolt and one screw in the bottom of the stbd back rest, but there's something on the top that's keeping me from removing it. I have no clue where to begin with the front backrest.

Please help!

jwskier
08-05-2010, 04:27 PM
there are probably a couple of clips holding it in. Once the bolts are out, you should be able to slide the backrest UP then OUT. Try that!

jwroblew
08-06-2010, 11:07 AM
There are a couple of bolts holding in the stbd back rest, you have to get to them from behind the kick panel, there might even be some you have to get from the speaker opening. The front rest you have to get from the speaker openings. Either that or you have to be double jointed. And yes metal tabs that slide into openings as well, so when you have all the bolts off you have to pull up to get the rests off. Sorry I don't remember how many exactly

ejkjell
08-09-2010, 01:22 AM
Removing the kick panel was definitely the key. After I got it off (it was only 3 screws), I had access to everything I needed, so I didn't need to take off the backrests, but I saw the locations of the nuts should I ever need to take them off in the future.

Thanks for the help!