PDA

View Full Version : Cleaned inline fuel pump screen now wont start

wakesurfer
08-04-2010, 07:37 PM
Hi I was having throttle lags out of the hole and on the way to the top end. Changed the fuel filter, and removed the fuel pump to check the screen, it had fiber like hair looking things in there , sprayed everything with carb cleaner and got everything out. Put it all back together, and tried to start the engine, it turns over fine but wont start any ideas? Please help, how do I prime an electric fuel pump? by the way I'm not sure if I can hear the fuel pump when I turn the key there is a noise but cant tell if it is the fuel pump.
thanks in advance!:confused:
1995 PROSTAR 190 INDMAR ENGINE

rwassman
08-05-2010, 07:55 PM
Try the wiring harness on the fuel pump and make sure its locked on good.

wakesurfer
08-05-2010, 09:36 PM
Thanks , i did check it and it is locked on good, plus the fuel pump is heating up , that means that the harness is giving it power right? just wondering..cant find shrader valve, i dont think gas is getting to the pump and on up?

wakesurfer
08-07-2010, 11:47 PM
found out that the reason the fuel pump wouldnt prime is there wasnt enough gas in the fuel supply line ...i had it sucked through with an air bed pump put in reverse. then hooked it back up an voila,, it made that happy high pitched squeel as it primed, then the engine started I screamed in happiness, and gas spurted out of the tbi . did more de construction and found out that a bad o ring in the hook up for the gas return caused the gas to leak. before i found that out I tried to over tighten the hook up and it cracked, so now i need a new tbi, got quoted one thousand plus .....am going to junk yard to see what i can come up with.