PDA

View Full Version : Lake Bridgeport

tex
08-03-2010, 08:20 PM
Any of the Texans play here. I have only been on it a couple of times but will spend this Sunday-Tuesday blowing it up. Anyone else? Things to see or stay away from?

ScottHill
08-03-2010, 08:57 PM
Never been but have some freinds that go. They love it,allot like Possum Kingdom. Have fun.

ncsone
08-03-2010, 09:25 PM
It has been 15 years since I was on that lake. The only thing I remember is that we put way up north and stayed in the 'river' section of the lake, not the main body. Sorry, not much help here.

tex
08-03-2010, 09:40 PM
We are on the river section...last time I was there we would be riding and realize we were in the middle of a whole crapload of butter and it would turn into a barefoot fest in the middle of a saturday afternoon. My mouth is watering about a Monday and Tuesday!

TXX9
08-03-2010, 11:02 PM
We are on the river section...last time I was there we would be riding and realize we were in the middle of a whole crapload of butter and it would turn into a barefoot fest in the middle of a saturday afternoon. My mouth is watering about a Monday and Tuesday!

I have spent alot of time there. We launch at Wise County Park, cruz down past the mouth of the lake to the area up around Steel Island. The water is much better up river and lots of room usually. We usually stay around steel island or just around the point up river from there. The main lake is way to rough for any water sports most of the time. Wise County park is also a nice place to beach the boat and hang out with lots of shallow sandy water for the kids to play in.

tex
08-10-2010, 04:34 PM
Snakes, gators, salty water, stumps, white caps, tubers, and fat women....stay away from this place!

ncsone
08-10-2010, 04:45 PM
Snakes, gators, salty water, stumps, white caps, tubers, and fat women....stay away from this place!

Noted! Will file that away for a later date.

snork
08-10-2010, 10:47 PM
Fat woman, I could use a couple of fat womens

TXX9
08-10-2010, 10:59 PM
Salty water? Get out of the way, here come all of the wake surfers!

TXX9
08-10-2010, 11:03 PM
Must be lots of snakes and gators cuz there is lots of fat women and tubers to feed on!